/gquit warning popup

coolkidwhoscrazy

I think this happens a lot. People accidentally quit their guild or are trying to tell others how to and forget to do ./gquit and just end up quiting their guild. I think it would be cool to have a popup that verifies "Are you sure you want to quit your guild $name?"

Or something... thoughts?

why do you think so many people ask how to quit a guild? They are trying to see how many people actually quit. I'm sorry I don't need to be protected against stupidity. IF someone accidentally quits, reinvite and be done with it. Not like there is a button that can accidentally be pushed. This is a deliberate act that requires specific command. If people fall for it there is a solution.

Alt +F4 will disable the gquit

why do you think so many people ask how to quit a guild? They are trying to see how many people actually quit. I'm sorry I don't need to be protected against stupidity. IF someone accidentally quits, reinvite and be done with it. Not like there is a button that can accidentally be pushed. This is a deliberate act that requires specific command. If people fall for it there is a solution.

Alt +F4 will disable the gquit

Actually, its quite common for new players to join a guild, not like it, then want to leave. And then, they don't know how. You can pretend all you want that there isn't newer players that don't know how to read around and figure it out. But it is much more logical to have a popup requesting such. Just like Windows asks you if you're sure you want to delete a file before you do it.

Other games have such a confirmation. Not a top priority, but sure, why not add it in, assuming it's relatively simple to do so?

Yes. This was my point. It's not a necessity by any means, but just a little something extra. It's also indeed easy to add in. It would just take a few additional lines of code being added to their command manager so that when the command is sent from the client, the server sends a SUI window first to verify.

I think this happens a lot. People accidentally quit their guild or are trying to tell others how to and forget to do ./gquit and just end up quiting their guild. I think it would be cool to have a popup that verifies "Are you sure you want to quit your guild $name?"

Or something... thoughts?

No thanks, I get enough of this when I try to shut down programmes, some even have two, so no, lets just learn how to type without accidently quitting.

I could agree with a single popup for leaving the guild, but please do not turn SWTOR into a Windows mockery, where you need to be administrator and are still asked for administrator privilidges and then only need to say "yes" three times and still be not allowed to delete a file that you created yourself a minute ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.