State of the game, bioware please read!

kelvaen

I want to play this game to have fun, and find rare items that are hard to obtain. Right now you are catering only to people that will directly spend money to get new items on the cartel market. Why cant you take some of that cartel market stuff, and add it to rare spawns or even update flashpoint bosses to have a 0.00000001 percent drop rate on stuff like black black dye. I want to play to have fun, and if I can just throw money at something to get it, then why even play this game? I haven't left fleet or entered a flashpoint in over 2 months. I currently only pvp, I have one piece left of my Obroan set to get, then I really have nothing left for me here. The goal of developing a game is to make people want to play your game. Rated doesn't have any current reason to do it except bragging rights of the leaderboards. You guys release Cartel junk every other day, but nothing to the actual game that would make people want to spend any length of time on it except leveling a new toon, and god I hate leveling. I enjoyed the original way you did ranked when it first hit, there was actually gear that required Rating. which I loved. It wasn't any better, but you couldn't just purchase it with cartel coins, so it told everyone, hey the people that are wearing that gear, are unique.

Right now my feeling is that you think the people that spend money daily on Cartel stuff are more important, and from a buisness stand point I agree with you. Thats why you guys keep adding items on a regular basis to the market. But players are still leaving in droves, especially pvpers. I originally thought this would be the best mmo of all time, its the star wars universe, the pvp is gonna be insanely epic. Especially world pvp, because we all know that in the starwars universe there was a constant faction battle. Well that didn't happen, you guys just gave up on world pvp, and your major problem with that was just having a fleet in general that everyone is based from. It takes to long for a pvper to get anywhere to want to go world pvp especially when there isnt a reward for it. Pvpers have to be given rewards if you want them to play your game.. why? Because we are elitist and selfish, and we want everyone to think we are the best in the game. IF we can have items that let people know we are the best, then you would have a huge community of active pvpers. I actually pvp warzones especially Huttball is some of the greatest pvp ive ever played but there is no reward for playing it right now. The only reward to pvp once fully geared right now is leaderboard position, and some empty promise of items for different tiers after 6 months of season 1. Ill tell you right now that most of the pvp community will be gone by the end of season 1 if its gonna take 6 months, and there isn't gonna be any thing to get until its end.

I want to play this game to have fun, and find rare items that are hard to obtain. Right now you are catering only to people that will directly spend money to get new items on the cartel market. Why cant you take some of that cartel market stuff, and add it to rare spawns or even update flashpoint bosses to have a 0.00000001 percent drop rate on stuff like black black dye. I want to play to have fun, and if I can just throw money at something to get it, then why even play this game? I haven't left fleet or entered a flashpoint in over 2 months. I currently only pvp, I have one piece left of my Obroan set to get, then I really have nothing left for me here. The goal of developing a game is to make people want to play your game. Rated doesn't have any current reason to do it except bragging rights of the leaderboards. You guys release Cartel junk every other day, but nothing to the actual game that would make people want to spend any length of time on it except leveling a new toon, and god I hate leveling. I enjoyed the original way you did ranked when it first hit, there was actually gear that required Rating. which I loved. It wasn't any better, but you couldn't just purchase it with cartel coins, so it told everyone, hey the people that are wearing that gear, are unique.

Right now my feeling is that you think the people that spend money daily on Cartel stuff are more important, and from a buisness stand point I agree with you. Thats why you guys keep adding items on a regular basis to the market. But players are still leaving in droves, especially pvpers. I originally thought this would be the best mmo of all time, its the star wars universe, the pvp is gonna be insanely epic. Especially world pvp, because we all know that in the starwars universe there was a constant faction battle. Well that didn't happen, you guys just gave up on world pvp, and your major problem with that was just having a fleet in general that everyone is based from. It takes to long for a pvper to get anywhere to want to go world pvp especially when there isnt a reward for it. Pvpers have to be given rewards if you want them to play your game.. why? Because we are elitist and selfish, and we want everyone to think we are the best in the game. IF we can have items that let people know we are the best, then you would have a huge community of active pvpers. I actually pvp warzones especially Huttball is some of the greatest pvp ive ever played but there is no reward for playing it right now. The only reward to pvp once fully geared right now is leaderboard position, and some empty promise of items for different tiers after 6 months of season 1. Ill tell you right now that most of the pvp community will be gone by the end of season 1 if its gonna take 6 months, and there isn't gonna be any thing to get until its end.

This is not a state of the game address. This is a rant about PvP and the Cartel Market. Nothing to see here, move along move along.

It's a form of pay to win, and legalized gold selling. It has no place in a mmo.

It is not pay to win. Nothing in the market gives any sort of advantage whatsoever. And it is not legalized gold selling either as Cartel coins are not the main currency and are used to only buy fluff. Get your facts straight.

It is not pay to win. Nothing in the market gives any sort of advantage whatsoever. And it is not legalized gold selling either as Cartel coins are not the main currency and are used to only buy fluff. Get your facts straight.

Let's see;

Fact, you can buy things with real money, and in turn get in game currency for selling said items. You just bought gold!

Fact, you can make more credits a whole lot faster by selling items you purchased with real money than can those who don't. Which gives you an advantage over others by allowing you to buy in game items that boost your character's stats without having to earn them in game at a slower rate. TADA! The magic of logic.

Use your head for something besides a hat rack.

Edited by Hambunctious

Let's see;

Fact, you can buy things with real money, and in turn get in game currency for selling said items. You just bought gold!

Fact, you can make more credits a whole lot faster by selling items you purchased with real money than can those who don't. Which gives you an advantage over others by allowing you to buy in game items that boost your character's stats without having to earn them in game at a slower rate. TADA! The magic of logic.

By your inane logic, that would mean crafting is pay to win too.

Let's see;

That isn't logic.. That has nothing to do with logic..

People selling what they buy on the market for credits is irrelevant.. Nothing you can by with credits is going to give you an advantage over anyone.. That is just a fact..

TADA the magic of the obvious and common sense..

Use your head for something besides a hair factory.. :p

Bioware doesn't own this game. Yes they made it. However the actual folks who own the game is Electronic Arts.. Yeah SWTOR was sold to EA. Sorry but when any game is even remotely involved with EA while EA will make calls. Often bad ones that ruin the game. The reason why the game was sold to EA and likely why the main focus is the Cartel Market is due to the fact more money was spent making the game then was earned. Heck the only reason the servers aren't shut down for good is simply because they have yet to break even. And they know they invested too much money on a game even with bugs and issues aside is far too valuable to just abandon.

Let's see;

Here's another fact: You can make money faster by doing dailies, and it's free.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.