Dark side or Mako?

Dharkmoon

So I'm a level 42 dark side bounty hunter and I never miss a dark side choice if I see one. I started out light side but wanted to become like Boba Fett and went dark. I have had no problems with my companions until I wanted to romance with Mako. It seems that to have more conversations with her, you have to gain more affection, but she hates me when I make dark side choices and I don't want to break my dark side streak, any suggestions?

So I'm a level 42 dark side bounty hunter and I never miss a dark side choice if I see one. I started out light side but wanted to become like Boba Fett and went dark. I have had no problems with my companions until I wanted to romance with Mako. It seems that to have more conversations with her, you have to gain more affection, but she hates me when I make dark side choices and I don't want to break my dark side streak, any suggestions?

1) The easiest way in my opinion is to just bring out a different companion for the conversations. Even if they too, don't like it, you're not trying to romance them so whatevs. I liked Gault as usually his reactions were amusing.

2) Another way is to shower her with gifts. Her favorite is technology, she also likes underworld trading gifts and will really like courting once you get her to a certain point. There are others she will like, but the affection return isn't worth it to me so I don't have those written down, although google can help if you really want.

3) A third method is to just use diplomacy (crew skill) to keep your DS points going while making choices that she likes... however I think that takes too long as the points from it are much less than what conversation options give. Not to mention your story would then play out LS and that seems silly if you're wanting the DS experience.

To elaborate on the gifts, if you haven't been leveling a crew skill that can be sent out for them, (diplomacy, investigation, underworld trading or treasure hunting,) then buying them can get expensive. If her affection is below 1000, I'd start with rank 1 gifts until they stop giving a good return and then probably move up to rank 3. Gifts can be bought from the GTM section of fleet by a vendor or by the GTN terminals under the miscellaneous section.

:)

1) The easiest way in my opinion is to just bring out a different companion for the conversations. Even if they too, don't like it, you're not trying to romance them so whatevs. I liked Gault as usually his reactions were amusing.

2) Another way is to shower her with gifts. Her favorite is technology, she also likes underworld trading gifts and will really like courting once you get her to a certain point. There are others she will like, but the affection return isn't worth it to me so I don't have those written down, although google can help if you really want.

3) A third method is to just use diplomacy (crew skill) to keep your DS points going while making choices that she likes... however I think that takes too long as the points from it are much less than what conversation options give. Not to mention your story would then play out LS and that seems silly if you're wanting the DS experience.

To elaborate on the gifts, if you haven't been leveling a crew skill that can be sent out for them, (diplomacy, investigation, underworld trading or treasure hunting,) then buying them can get expensive. If her affection is below 1000, I'd start with rank 1 gifts until they stop giving a good return and then probably move up to rank 3. Gifts can be bought from the GTM section of fleet by a vendor or by the GTN terminals under the miscellaneous section.

:)

Pretty good advice, might consider the gift option. But I'm still open to more suggestions

2) Another way is to shower her with gifts. Her favorite is technology, she also likes underworld trading gifts and will really like courting once you get her to a certain point.

Who says love can't be bought? Enough vials of gree nanite paste and she'll love you forever.

Pretty good advice, might consider the gift option. But I'm still open to more suggestions

Thanks, sorry I can't think of anything better or faster though. =(

Who says love can't be bought? Enough vials of gree nanite paste and she'll love you forever.

XD So true.

For the record, I accept luxury, technology and the occasional underworld good. :p

Well.... apparently this thread turned into a conversation, but what do I care:csw_jabba:

Ha ha, sorry about that, you're right.

Buuuut... that means the thread is staying visible for others in case some one else can think of a better suggestion for ya! So that means we're helping! Right? ...RIGHT?! <_<;

There's also the option of grinding out flashpoints for affection, namely Black Talon if you can even do that without puking at this point... but I am pretty sure the max affection you can gain from that is equivalent to like one tech gift. Plus that would also build up LS points.

Good grief, she is freakin terrible as a bounty hunter's companion. Way to ruin all the fun Mako, you turd burglar. Just kick her to the curb! :mad: But then Torian would go for her... :eek: Torian, you whore! :( Tell him that is IT, we are THROUGH!!! Bic ni skana'din, Arue'tal!

...too much coffee today.

Ha ha, sorry about that, you're right.

Buuuut... that means the thread is staying visible for others in case some one else can think of a better suggestion for ya! So that means we're helping! Right? ...RIGHT?! <_<;

There's also the option of grinding out flashpoints for affection, namely Black Talon if you can even do that without puking at this point... but I am pretty sure the max affection you can gain from that is equivalent to like one tech gift. Plus that would also build up LS points.

Good grief, she is freakin terrible as a bounty hunter's companion. Way to ruin all the fun Mako, you turd burglar. Just kick her to the curb! :mad: But then Torian would go for her... :eek: Torian, you whore! :( Tell him that is IT, we are THROUGH!!! Bic ni skana'din, Arue'tal!

...too much coffee today.

So... you suggest I kill the captain and spare the general or spare the captain and kill the general? Or do you think I give up on Mako and throw her in a sarlacc pit?

Just keep her stashed away and do whatever you wish. As long as she isn't the active companion, your decisions won't affect her affection, and if you want to get her affection up, you just shower her with gifts until she loves you.

Make sure you always change her out from the companion slot if you make a dark side decision though. It's always an awkward situation when you think she's put away, then spawns back up while you're stabbing someone in the throat......>.>

Edited by ZooMzy

Treek is a far better healer (probably best comp healer in game), just wish I had a gag and she is really annoying. Although not as annoying as "It's a trap" Tuno.

Only disadvantage with Treek is that she does too much healing up front so in longer fights save your defensive cooldowns till later.

As far as maxing affection with any companions, take up diplomacy as a crew skill (not only will it allow you to keep dark/light side alignment of choice, you also get companion gifts) find out what they are interested in (much easier now the tooltips tell you) and level their affection this way. Or if you are extremely rich go to the fleet and buy the gifts from the curator.

Mako is a very picky girl. I bought 52 gifts for her and gave all of them one at a time for her, but since it makes her gain small affection I had to listen to ''Awwww you shouldn't have'' 52 times, not only that but she had 3800 affection at first and once I gave all those gifts she had 4200 affection and she still didn't have a conversation with me :mad: Edited by Dharkmoon

I use rank 1 and 2 companion gifts with the legacy perks until I reach 8000 affection (this thread has some interesting details and information) and then I head to Belsavis (not Section X, the old area) to do the dailies there. I look up the affection gained from each conversation on Torhead and just pick those options. Obviously you have to be level 47 or so to do this but at least you can make some of the money back you spent on companion gifts this way.

I use rank 1 and 2 companion gifts with the legacy perks until I reach 8000 affection (this thread has some interesting details and information) and then I head to Belsavis (not Section X, the old area) to do the dailies there. I look up the affection gained from each conversation on Torhead and just pick those options. Obviously you have to be level 47 or so to do this but at least you can make some of the money back you spent on companion gifts this way.

I updated to lvl 48, so Im pretty good to go.

They need to add to the Story Arc's of the classes and the companions. The problem with storing Mako is she's your Healer unless you go Merc heals you would likely be using her to end game.

I think with her you need a Balance of good and bad you can kill people but she doesn't like you being ruthless to innocents. So with her staying neutral but for profit is a +.

They need to add to the Story Arc's of the classes and the companions. The problem with storing Mako is she's your Healer unless you go Merc heals you would likely be using her to end game.

I think with her you need a Balance of good and bad you can kill people but she doesn't like you being ruthless to innocents. So with her staying neutral but for profit is a +.

You forget, balance is good but I do want to romance with her, and The gift idea is working pretty well.

Edited by Dharkmoon