The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Re: Packs

Spoorwegan

Hi Everyone,

I really am annoyed that you spend so much money for Coins and get your hopes up for nothing. I really do feel that all items in Packs should be purchasable individually and that people would be willing to spend coins on these items.

If not possible then below is an idea

The coins bundle that sometimes appear in Packs should be under Consumable section to gain 60000 credits.

Light saber crystals should be single purchase via coins and not in packs.

A Red crystal should be also added to gain 41+End, 41+Expertise, etc..

What are you thoughts on the above?

I spend so much money to hopefully gain an item and it never appears, it I feel is way for them to make more money but players are choosing not to purchase because of the cost and disappointment at the end.

If items were single they would still make their money as any company would but players would feel to spend more money on coins and keep the ball rolling.

Just an idea guys, sorry about bad english very tired haha, long day indeed.

Peace.

If items were single they would still make their money as any company would but players would feel to spend more money on coins and keep the ball rolling.

Once again, I don't understand why people don't get why they use packs.

If an item is available for everyone to purchase it directly from the market (without opening packs) ANYONE can get it. Therefore, it's less valuable because it quickly becomes less rare.

If you put it in a pack, it's super rare and people will spend good money to get it.

It's a no-brainer.

Just look at what happened with the Surgical Table.

It was supposed to go in one of the packs. They forgot to put in there. People noticed it so Bioware, trying to make up for their mistake, practically gave it away for free (it costs 1 credit - no Coins!). And what happened?

NO.ONE.IS.USING.IT.

Why? Because it's not rare and therefore not "cool". Before it was given away for free, there were at least 4-5 threads full of people saying they loved it.

Also, one more thing I don't understand is this:

I spend so much money to hopefully gain an item and it never appears, it I feel is way for them to make more money but players are choosing not to purchase because of the cost and disappointment at the end.

Why in God's name would you open packs to get ONE specific item?

Why don't you buy the packs, NOT open them, sell them and then BUY the item from the GTN with the money you've made from selling the packs?

I mean, quite honestly, if people weren't able to buy and sell the items from the packs (and the packs themselves) on the GTN, I would agree with you.

But since you can... I'm sorry, but this is like you buying lottery tickets, losing and then complaining that you lost.

You know it's hard to find a super rare item. You decided to spend a lot of money trying to find it instead of using that money to make credits and buy it from the GTN, without any risk of not getting what you wanted.

It's entirely your mistake.

Edited by TheNahash

• 4 weeks later...

they did this, and people complained about the price.

if you want an individual item, purchase off the GTN. Buying credits outright from the CM is just a not a good idea, its easy enough to purchase and sell packs, without having to just buy credits directly.

If you want individual items for sale, say good bye to the collections system. That was a compromise.