Smash Monkey Pvp - Maybe Switching to Carnage?

ALongNanner

Alright I'm a conflicted pvp smash monkey here. I'm incredibly used to using the smash monkey spec, but everyone has been telling me carnage is the superior spec for pvp. I'm not familiar with carnage at all, and I would really like some tips on the carnage spec in pvp.

Like a build and the jist of a rotation, maybe some of the moves explained, that would be awesome! Thanks.

You want the Oppurtune Strike proc and your armor penetration ability. I don't know what's it called for Sentinels but I think it's precision slash or strike. It's called Gore for Marauders. Your proc gives you autocrit on Force scream/blade storm. It's not very hard to understand. Read the tree and just play with it. It's a learning curve as any other spec for any other class. I think it's quite easy but hey, i only have 100+ days played on that character. The main thing about the spec is to learn that it's two internal cooldowns on your main proc. One for Blade rush and one for other Ataru strikes. It's also a learning curve to actually start helping your team with inspiration, transcendence and not just spmming Zen for your own good.

First I hate rage, but anyone who said carnage is superior lied

Im sure, you are well informed for such a statment! :rolleyes:

Both Speccs are very viable in Arena, in some cases performs Rage better in other cases Carnage, depends on your and the Enemy Setup. Gather Arena Experience, before post stupid things.

2 of 3 PvP Tanks have 30%AOE Dmg reduce.

Try to kill Ragespecced a Setup with 3 guys that have points in AOE Dmg, good luck.

A well geared/played Carnage specced Marauder can allone(!) bursts insane high, on Tanks too; make enormus pressure for the heal, and destroys not the Crowdcontrol from the own Team auch as Rage.

The other side of the medal is: Carnageburst can at the beginn of the match easy be avoided. Later in the game Carnage becomes more dangerous.

I've seen on twitch highrating streams where a PT Tank after Hydraulic Overrides drops from 100%-0% in one Gorewindow. Setup was 2x RageMarauder 1 Hybrid PT 1 Operative Heal, the other Setup was the same but Marauder Carnagespecced.

The most people dont play Carnage because they are simply to incompetent to perform on Carnage. Rage is easier to play (brainless) and more forgiving errors, compare with Carnage.

Now go on and flame me.

Edited by JoriCardas

anyone who said carnage is superior lied.

This.

Both Speccs are very viable in Arena, in some cases performs Rage better in other cases Carnage, depends on your and the Enemy Setup.

Rage is easier to play (brainless) and more forgiving errors, compare with Carnage.

And this.

They have very similar burst capability, the main differences are rage's aoe and simplicity, versus the roots, surivability and speed of carnage. They both support different playstyles, and I think carnage is undeservedly underplayed because of it's relative complexity (Lets be honest, what spec is'nt complex compared to rage?) People can diss the spec they don't favor all they want, but they are both not only viable but perform great in arenas and warzones as well, so don't be afraid to visit the respec dude every now and then.

Give some credit to Bioware where it's due: they actually balanced the marauder specs pretty damn good. Now it's time they get back to work and balance the other classes that are lacking for their attention.

BTW for the original question, this video can probably help you a bit:

Edited by colemanron

Im sure, you are well informed for such a statment! :rolleyes:

Both Speccs are very viable in Arena, in some cases performs Rage better in other cases Carnage, depends on your and the Enemy Setup. Gather Arena Experience, before post stupid things.

I played carnage a lot in arenas, so how about you get off your high horse and stop insulting people straight away. Twist your facts and come up with rare scenarios if you want it won't change that what i said is true. Carnage is not superior to Rage becuase it's single target and way easier to shut down. Now go ahead insult me again, I can't belive you can't post anything in this forum without getting attacked....

Edited by cs_zoltan

Rage is more consistent with how S̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ I MEAN damage it can do per rotation.

However, Assuming you have a healer, and assuming you are willing, and able to learn the basics of the class, either through guides or trial and error, Nothing in the game can really stand up to a beserked gore+ Ravage+followed by a crit force scream, followed by a free execute that can be used at any health level. Assuming of course, no other players interfere.

Edited by Sideblaze