The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

OR vs PT

khayyinx

I have seen people say that the PT jedis (and siths) are more powerfull than the old republic ones. Why is that? I believe that the old republic force users were as good as pt ones with the major difference that there was a lot more of them and that they were constantly in battle.For this reasons i would say that the old republic jedis and sith were a lot more suited for combat than the PT golden era jedi and sith. Palpatine himself didn't used his lightsaber for decades, and the jedi were only fighting droids and non force users.Won't even consider the new jedi order, because i don't like the post ROTJ EU and because canon may change with episode VII.

The most common arguments are:

1- the jedi and sith had more knowledge in pt than or.

Wrong. In fact a lot of sith knowledge was lost during the battle of rusaan with all sith death and even more with lord gravid, that destroyed tomes, artifacts and holocrons. A lot of techniques was lost, like essence transfer. The jedi never looked for secrets for power like the sith, so this isn't a good argument for them.

2- the sith was more powerfull because they wouldn't kill each other.

Well, acrually they did kill each other and a lot of times they didn't even fight a honorable fight like the rule of two was supposed to have.

3- the jedi had more time to meditate, train and improve lughtsaber techniques

meditation and training doesn't make better warriors than real battle. The only technique developed was vaapad which is a version of form VII. And most important, the jedi didn't had all that time to prepare, they was still in constant conflict, but with droids and mercenaries instead of real threats, like siths.

So, these are my thoughts, share yours...

Well, acrually they did kill each other and a lot of times they didn't even fight a honorable fight like the rule of two was supposed to have.

The great one said to Qordis before he killed him, "Honor is for the living. Dead is dead." [PoD, p. 348] Cunning and deception were to be the ways of the Sith. An honorable fight was not in their dna. That's why the new Sith struck from the shadows.