Dungeons dropping way too much willpower and str loot?

In a way, yes.

As a cunning user you have the advantage that all drops with your mainstat will be usable by you, while all the other classes risk it having dps stats when you're a tank or vice versa (in other words, if anything, you're better off than anyone else).

People remember bad luck much better and longer than good luck.

In a way, yes.

As a cunning user you have the advantage that all drops with your mainstat will be usable by you, while all the other classes risk it having dps stats when you're a tank or vice versa (in other words, if anything, you're better off than anyone else).

As a cunning user you also have much bigger competition from the ninajs gearing their cunning healer companions. :mad:

What is your group composition? As I recall, the chance of gear with a specific main stat dropping is weighted depending on the classes present. That way if you don't have any troopers in your group, you won't get a pile of Aim loot no one can use. Or if half of your group uses willpower, they won't always fight over one quarter of the loot (which is what it would be if the chance was unweighted).

So if you're the only smuggler with a bunch of Jedi, yeah, you're going to see more willpower/strength loot. But if a cunning piece does drop, it's clear who gets it. If there's still less cunning loot dropping than you'd expect, that's just RNG giving you a run of bad luck.

Edited by Mireleni

What is your group composition? As I recall, the chance of gear with a specific main stat dropping is weighted depending on the classes present. That way if you don't have any troopers in your group, you won't get a pile of Aim loot no one can use. Or if half of your group uses willpower, they won't always fight over one quarter of the loot (which is what it would be if the chance was unweighted).

So if you're the only smuggler with a bunch of Jedi, yeah, you're going to see more willpower/strength loot. But if a cunning piece does drop, it's clear who gets it. If there's still less cunning loot dropping than you'd expect, that's just RNG giving you a run of bad luck.

i thought this was only on the endgame stuff

No, it's simply an on/off switch for the loot - strength won't drop if you have no strength users, but having 5 won't directly make it drop more (although if you have that many, chances are there's an another main stat not represented at all, meaning there's a smaller amount of other possibilities).

Well, potentially having 2 could increase your chances since I'm not sure if those loot flags are triggered on base class or AC, so jugg+mara could potentially get more strength than just 1 or the other.

It definitely works in ops, and have done so for a very long time.

Edited by steave

No, it's simply an on/off switch for the loot - strength won't drop if you have no strength users, but having 5 won't directly make it drop more (although if you have that many, chances are there's an another main stat not represented at all, meaning there's a smaller amount of other possibilities).

Well, potentially having 2 could increase your chances since I'm not sure if those loot flags are triggered on base class or AC, so jugg+mara could potentially get more strength than just 1 or the other.

It definitely works in ops, and have done so for a very long time.

I don't think the loot flags you are referring to look at AC, since on my Sentinel, I will sometimes see heavy armor w/ strength (which is Guardian gear) drop when I'm the only one in the group who uses strength.

edit: And yeah, a lot of it just has to do with luck. Back when 2.0 first came out and people were just getting 69 gear, I ran multiple flashpoints everyday w/ a guildie. I was always on my sentinel (only character I had at 50), while he cycled through a bunch of toons. He managed to get his shadow tank and scoundrel healer in full 69s, and was working on his third character, before I was even close to getting full 69s on my sentinel. Everyone in my guild laughed at my inability to get strength drops, but then once I finally got full 69s, I started getting drops left and right. Some people's luck just rolls like that.

Edited by Delta_V

We usually see Cunning gear drop, our Scoundrel healers and slingers are almost always geared first.

One thing that is an issue that seems more unfair though is that I have yet to see anything but Cunning DPS/Heals gear drop with Power stats. Everything that drops for other classes is crit heavy, but we have seen cunning drops a few times (esp Shotguns) that have Power and that delicious Power/Surge enhancement.

Has anyone seen unslotted Willpower, Str or Aim gear with Power drop?