Burning your way through your enemies - Pyrotech PvE Guide

MVaglin

I go from general rotation to spam about 25 seconds before VH comes off CD because it takes me roughly 25 seconds to get to the point I want to vent heat when I'm spamming.

When my heat is about 60 I return back from spam to general rotation.

Not sure if this is the correct way tho, but I like it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im concerned about my dps

im full 180, 4/4, 2/8/36

bonus dmg 1675.8

crit 30.89. surge 72.96

i've watched a lot of videos, pizza's rotation...bringing in more ULs seemed to help make me more consistent.

i'm never doing much more the 3.3K dps, on arsenal i can do the same if not better and float in the 3.6 range for sustained periods.

should be be doing more?

I'm not good at unraveling parses so I might not be the person to give you any solid tips, but to start with your APM. Yours is 33 which is very low.

I'm doing 37ish and topparsers on the leaderboard are doing 39ish.

My topparse: http://www.torparse.com/a/729247/4/0/Damage+Dealt

Second, did you apply the armor debuff module and 1 million HP module? These you can only buy from the vendor on your ship and apply them to the Operation dummy on your ship.

Third, if you compare our "Damage Dealt Broken Down by Action" you can see that I'm doing more Rail Shots and more Power Shots.

Are you using the rotation that's in the first post of this thread?

If you're lucky, one of our Merc/Mando gods is still around to take a peek at your rotation.

And if there's a tool or skill or whatever to read the "Damage Dealt Broken Down by Time" I'd be very much obliged, because when I look at that section and try to unravel rotations I'm seeing stars and trying not to faint.

Edited by Magsel

never created a profile

im holding at 3.3 mostly in this one yesterday

http://www.torparse.com/a/727987/1/0/Damage+Dealt

You need to drastically up your APM. Are you queuing new abilities whilst the old is being casted? If not, you need to do that. There's a setting for that somewhere in the game settings where you can tweak the window on when you can queue new abilities - make that window rather large. Once you know how to do it properly, you can again make it smaller.

For example, when going through one of my own parses, I activate rail shot (well, HiB since I'm a commando) roughly every 6.010-6.019 seconds, on average. Just starting to look through yours I find the following times:

17:33:00.803 to 17:33:07.220: 6.417 seconds.

17:33:07.220 to 17:33:13.922: 6.702 seconds.

17:33:13.922 to 17:33:19.945: 6.023 seconds.

17:33:19.945 to 17:33:26.357: 6.702 seconds.

Above, the times marked in bold are way to slow and the only reason I can come up with is that you wait until you see the rail shot proc until you hit the button, which adds machine lag, latecy and human reaction time, all of which should not be present.

Hiho

I Have a Problem with my Soldier in Raids. Actually on a Puppet i reach 3400-3600 dps with 37-39 APM.

Now when i go with my Raid Group Doing DF Nim my DPS drops to 2900 - 3000 dps. I dont know what happens and why there is a dps drop for 400-600 dps. Our guardian shadow and the scoundrel are on top with 3500+ .

Anyone maybe have a tip?

Hiho

I Have a Problem with my Soldier in Raids. Actually on a Puppet i reach 3400-3600 dps with 37-39 APM.

Now when i go with my Raid Group Doing DF Nim my DPS drops to 2900 - 3000 dps. I dont know what happens and why there is a dps drop for 400-600 dps. Our guardian shadow and the scoundrel are on top with 3500+ .

Anyone maybe have a tip?

Parse dps=/= raid dps. Raids have more moving parts to them where you may have to move out of something and can not cast, you change your rotation to fit the situation adds spawn etc.

Question for the Commando's about the Full Auto animation bug:

I recently figured out that FA only bugs out after a HIB. And since the FA always comes after the HIB how do you guys deal with that?

(My excuse for noticing this after 2,5 years? I switched from mando to merc 1,5 years ago and started doing some alt runs on my mando recently.)