Holding aggro...

Exokaubis

I know we are not a tank class. Don't flame.

So far, I have not been in a group with a tank. (level25). I took marauder thinking juggernauts would be everywhere, (and who doesn't want 2 sabers) which at least in my server isn't the case. So being a melee dude with a few damage mitigation skills, I do the best I can to keep mobs off my healers. Question is, does anyone have any advice to try and hold aggro? Or is it as simple as hit them first, hit them hardest? I've never played a tank before, so I have nothing to base from.

I assume that mars get no threat skills later on as we are pure dps, right?

I know we are not a tank class. Don't flame.

So far, I have not been in a group with a tank. (level25). I took marauder thinking juggernauts would be everywhere, (and who doesn't want 2 sabers) which at least in my server isn't the case. So being a melee dude with a few damage mitigation skills, I do the best I can to keep mobs off my healers. Question is, does anyone have any advice to try and hold aggro? Or is it as simple as hit them first, hit them hardest? I've never played a tank before, so I have nothing to base from.

I assume that mars get no threat skills later on as we are pure dps, right?

We don't get any kind of taunts. Only way to get aggro is to be pulling more threat than someone else. Healers are generally easy to take a target off of. Just hit it a few times.