Good average DPS?

disxion

I'm just getting into end-game stuff, and I was wondering if there was information about what's a good average DPS (on dummy) on different gear levels. It would be useful to know so I can have an idea as to what I am aiming for, and how well I am doing now.

E.g. Information on good average DPS for someone in 61s, 66s, 69s, 72s etc.

I'm currently in a mix of 66s and 69s with relics bought with Classic Commendations and have 1970 average DPS without stims or adrenals. I would love to know how to improve.

Here's the parse: http://www.torparse.com/a/497857

Rule of thumb, add approximately 300 DPS per level of gear assuming min/maxed and on stationary target.

66 2000

69 2300

72 2600

75 2900

78 3200

If you can get close to these numbers you are doing exceptionally well.

Edited by bsbrad

Rule of thumb, add approximately 300 DPS per level of gear assuming min/maxed and on stationary target.

66 2000

69 2300

72 2600

75 2900

78 3200

If you can get close to these numbers you are doing exceptionally well.

Assuming the use of adrenals and stims, I would bump each of those DPS estimates up 100, and then I would say you are doing well. In 72s the top parses were ~3,000 and in 78s it is ~3,400+.

Assuming the use of adrenals and stims, I would bump each of those DPS estimates up 100, and then I would say you are doing well. In 72s the top parses were ~3,000 and in 78s it is ~3,400+.

Hey oofalong, I wanted to ask you how much, in your opinion the MH raises DPS.

I'm a mix of 72/78 gear (with bonus) - Watchman, with a 72 MH, UW SA and UW DR, currently parsin around a stable 3.1. Every piece I add seems to give a slight improvement, but I feel like my MH is limiting me a lot.

Hey oofalong, I wanted to ask you how much, in your opinion the MH raises DPS.

I'm a mix of 72/78 gear (with bonus) - Watchman, with a 72 MH, UW SA and UW DR, currently parsin around a stable 3.1. Every piece I add seems to give a slight improvement, but I feel like my MH is limiting me a lot.

My model predicts a 78 hilt will be ~3% more damage than a 72 hilt in your MH. This is somewhere around 85 DPS.

My model predicts a 78 hilt will be ~3% more damage than a 72 hilt in your MH. This is somewhere around 85 DPS.

Interesting. A guildmate did the maths for Watchman and according to his model a 78 hilt will give 100+ DPS. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens when I get one. :D

Just to provide a bit more data:

My new 78 MH provided a 180 dps increase over the old 72 MH on my best parses (that's about 5% more damage). Both of the parses had very similar very high crit rates and a almost identical attack profile.

Glad to hear that, seems 3.3 is totally accessible then.

Just to provide a bit more data:

My new 78 MH provided a 180 dps increase over the old 72 MH on my best parses (that's about 5% more damage). Both of the parses had very similar very high crit rates and a almost identical attack profile.

From what DPS to what?

This seems like a higher amount than I would have expected. I am going to recheck my math(s).

From what DPS to what?

This seems like a higher amount than I would have expected. I am going to recheck my math(s).

Can confirm. Got a 78 MH tonight and a huge improvement. From around 3.1 to 3.28/3.3 (previously had the 72 MH).

So my model predicts ~100 DPS increase with a 78 MH hilt as well as the complimentary Mod and Enhancement.

If people have observed higher increases can you post parses? Showing this...

72 MH:

http://www.torparse.com/a/500056

78 MH:

http://www.torparse.com/a/504226

You can cut at 5.00 min, that is the moment when I usually say "ok, it's enough". The second isn't stable as the first one, probably due to the lag issues I had last night. It was also late, was almost sleeping on the keyboard.:D

As you can see I had the big numbers at the end, but they looked sustainable, I was just too tired to keep on parsing.

And, obviously, if you have any tip about the rotation, I'm open to suggestions. :D

And, obviously, if you have any tip about the rotation, I'm open to suggestions. :D

More Merciless Slash, less Slash.

The most hits from Merciless Slash you can have in a 5 minute parse (assuming you start at 0 stacks) is 92 (which means 46 activations). I usually get 88-90, Gorband's top parse had 92, you got 80. Usually the biggest problem with people parsing low is they use Merciless far too little (which means less Mind Seer procs, which means less Cauterize). Gorband and I average around 40-50 uses of Slash per parse, you were in the mid 60's.

Plus always always always Overload Saber on cooldown. It will deal almost twice the damage of Merciless or Dispatch and the most hits you can have in a 5 minute parse is 125, I average 124, you got 117. Hope this helps.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

72 MH:

http://www.torparse.com/a/500056

78 MH:

http://www.torparse.com/a/504226

You can cut at 5.00 min, that is the moment when I usually say "ok, it's enough". The second isn't stable as the first one, probably due to the lag issues I had last night. It was also late, was almost sleeping on the keyboard.:D

As you can see I had the big numbers at the end, but they looked sustainable, I was just too tired to keep on parsing.

RE: Improvements - Everything Emperor Norton says; More Merciless Slash. Use it on CD, which means you are planning ahead more to ensure you have resources.

RE: 78 vs 72 MH - Thanks for posting the logs. I analyzed them a bit, and stand by my ~100 DPS for a 78 MH. Your observed ~150 more DPS equates to roughly 50K more damage adjusting for the same combat length. I believe this damage increase can be explained by:

• You had higher damaging MH hits crit'ing during your 78 MH test. For example, Master Strike crit'ed 8 more times and Merciless Slash crit'ed 4 more times whereas TST and Zealous Strike had 3 and 4 fewer MH crits in the 78 test compared to your 72 test.

• Your 78 MH parse had 16 procs of your SA relic compared to only 13 during your 72 MH test.

• Finally, your 78 MH rotation include more attacks - 10 of them specifically. The battle was 7s longer which accounts for 5 of the attacks, but there were still more attacks, including 2 more Merciless Slashes.

I also expect some variance in Burn damage, but that was too complex/time-consuming to analyze. The point being there is a ton of nuance and variation within any Combat Log. TORParse does a great job of giving us summary data, but any Dual Wielding class needs to be extra cautious when analyzing this data. For example, the summary tables display total hits and overall crit rates for each ability, but there is a significant difference between crit'ing with MH vs. OH.