Legacy wide storage

loudent

I'm a bit of a pack rat in MMOs and I'm a big fan of storage space. Especially as the reason I pack stuff is in case an future alt might need it. Has any thought been given to legacy wide storage? Either via credits or CC?

Whoops, just noticed the same suggestion a few posts down. sorry

Edited by loudent
missed

I'm a bit of a pack rat in MMOs and I'm a big fan of storage space. Especially as the reason I pack stuff is in case an future alt might need it. Has any thought been given to legacy wide storage? Either via credits or CC?

Whoops, just noticed the same suggestion a few posts down. sorry

I'd love this to happen. With all character slots filled, it gets confusing which character has the Mssg(grappling gun), etc.

This would be a great Legacy global unlock!

• 2 months later...
It's a good idea and a lot of people want it.

Which means it gives Bioware performance issues.

Joking aside, yeah, I think someone asked about it at the cantina tour in Tempe and the response was the all too common "we've thought about it and we'd love to do it, but there are technical issues that impact performance and make it tricky to implement". (It's probably one of the common questions that get asked at many of these events too.)

Tons of people would love to see some form of legacy cargo hold. I've seen suggestions on this board such as:

* adding in a legacy cargo hold tab that's visible when viewing your regular cargo hold

* adding a separate terminal to access a "guild bank" that only your legacy can access (wouldn't need to jump through hoops to set up your own personal guild for this purpose)

* adding a terminal for a GTN-like interface that searches through your legacy's character inventories and cargo holds (or a listing of items that you had those characters submit, at least) and which can be used to "purchase" those items (you pay a shipping fee for each transfer)

The real question is what exactly the issues are. How does the game store the database of information about your account, legacies, and individual characters? And how is this data managed when loading a character? We are in no position to know the answers to these types of questions so we can't really know what sort of solution they would need to look into to get around the issues.