How much better is Willpower than Power for a healer?

Lundorff

From what I gather, Willpower is better than just Power, and with that in mind which mod would you suggest I min/max with:

Advanced Aptitude Mod 31

+52 Endurance

+69 Willpower

+57 Power

Advanced Aptitude Mod 30A

+52 Endurance

+77 Willpower

+29 Power

In short: Is +8 Willpower better than +28 Power?

As far as I've seen for the Seer, Power is over everything except WP but as the above post acknowledges that sum total for both outweighs the added benefit of just more WP by itself. The Sage, as far as I've heard, is the only healer that doesn't get any benefit from healing with crit/surge so power is the stat you go for after WP.

Is this mod in the game?

Yes it is. However, to get it you need to use Ultimate comms and get the Oriconian Force-Healer's MK-1 Bracers/Sash

Basically, all the comm vendors give the Unlettered mod for whatever grade you are looking at (in power) for the healers gear. Unless your a knight. Then you have to use the chestpiece or something (lol)

From what I gather, Willpower is better than just Power, and with that in mind which mod would you suggest I min/max with:

Advanced Aptitude Mod 31

+52 Endurance

+69 Willpower

+57 Power

+52 Endurance

+77 Willpower

+29 Power

Those wacky Theorycrafters :p say main stat = .20 and power = .23 per point , so I would go with option A.

Edited by darthjamez

Advanced Aptitude Mod 31

+52 Endurance

+69 Willpower

+57 Power

+52 Endurance

+77 Willpower

+29 Power

Just a note on this. You aren't comparing apples to apples here. The first mod is a 31 mod which is higher level than the 30A mod. If that's the choice then fine, but you should compare a 31 unlettered to a 31A mod.

So the one area to consider is that Sages get an extra 6% of Willpower plus the Consular buff of 5%. that will give you a 0.22 bonus compared to 0.23. But also consider that willpower also adds to crit. So that .01 is made up with the additional crit.

The best way to decide between mods is add up all the non-endurance stats.

I will soon be experimenting with 2 pieces from the Campaign Rakata Force Mystic's gear in order to get the 1.5 seconds Healing Trance cooldown reduction. To obtain this I will have to give up some stats from Obroan hear (67 vs. 61) and also the 4 piece set bonus (Noble Sacrifice 3% buff thing). The Campaign Rakata Force Mystic's gear does obviously not come with expertise, but seeing as it's below 65/66/67 (or whatever the threshold is) it should still bolster me to 2018. Not sure if it's worth the effort but try it I must.

• 3 weeks later...
Some people in this thread said main stat is .20 and power is .23, this is true for bonus damage, but not bonus heals. Bonus heals are .14 for mainstat and .17 for power. If you add in the 6% mainstat talent and the consular buff that gives 5% mainstat, then you end up with an effective .1554 per point of willpower on your gear. You can ignore the knight knight buff and the 6% bonus heals talent in the tree since it will be applied to both stats. Before 78s, power was better than willpower, but it was barely. Now willpower is slightly better than power, but again, barely. It might even vary from fight to fight depending on how much you use Force Armor since it is impossible to crit. You will notice almost no difference between the two unless you overcast force armor (then power is better) or you ignore force armor (and then willpower is better).

Rule of thumb when looking at mods.

Endurance always comes with a price. Unless all other things are equal, never invest in endurance. All mods at a certain level get the similar number of points to distribute among stats. If there is a higher amount of that pool going to endurance, then useful stats are getting shafted, no matter how high the mainstat is.

Advanced Aptitude Mod 30 Comparison (stats taken from AMR)

Mod 30: +47 Endurance; +63 Willpower; +52 Power; (Willpower + Power = 115)

Mod 30A: +52 Endurance; +77 Willpower; +29 Power; (Willpower + Power = 106)

Mod 30B: +67 Endurance; +52 Willpower; +41 Power; (Willpower + Power = 93)

As you can see, Mod As give you a big boost in mainstat and a good boost to endurance ... at a huge expense to power. Bs just destroy both those stats and only give you endurance. In either case, the lettered mods always benefit Endurance either at the cost of Willpower or Power. You'll also notice that unlettered mods add the largest number of points to your stat pool

Now willpower is slightly better than power, but again, barely. It might even vary from fight to fight depending on how much you use Force Armor since it is impossible to crit.

Regarding PVE, this is correct.

Before 78s, power was better than willpower, but it was barely.

But this is incorrect.

Willpower's contribution to Critical chance has a diminishing return. 78s have so much Willpower that Power has about caught up. The lower the tier of your gear, however, the more that Willpower > Power.

Edited by Orderken