Learning PvP - how to counter Ravage?

JebusJM

I am a level 33 Vanguard and have gone melee DPS. I encountered a 44 Jugg who kept spamming Ravage. Did huge damage to me. Yet I can't seem to counter it. Apologies for my noobishness, but would like some advice on this.

Thanks.

Cryo grenade to stun or hold the line and sprint away. Reactive shield if you have none of those.

Juggernauts get 4 seconds of cc immunity after leaping to you, in the Vengeance tree. Trying to stun them, knock them back or grenade them at that point is futile. For now you can just walk or sprint out of range when one leaps to you. Coming in a patch very soon, they will also root you for the duration of ravage. At that point the only counter will be to cc break the root and then try to get out of range in time.

A CC breaker is not really a counter though, and it's on a pretty long timer for most classes, so I wouldn't really call it a counter. Basically, Vengeance/Vigilance ravage will have no counter, you'll just have to deal with it and make them pay the next time you come out of spawn. ;)

Juggernauts get 4 seconds of cc immunity after leaping to you, in the Vengeance tree. Trying to stun them, knock them back or grenade them at that point is futile. For now you can just walk or sprint out of range when one leaps to you. Coming in a patch very soon, they will also root you for the duration of ravage. At that point the only counter will be to cc break the root and then try to get out of range in time.

A CC breaker is not really a counter though, and it's on a pretty long timer for most classes, so I wouldn't really call it a counter. Basically, Vengeance/Vigilance ravage will have no counter, you'll just have to deal with it and make them pay the next time you come out of spawn. ;)

Not true. Unremitting/Unstoppable triggers at the moment when you activate Force Leap which, in practice, means that for the last 0.5 second of the Master Strike/Ravage channel the Guardian/Juggernaut is vulnerable to CCs (because you start the channel 1.5 seconds into the 4 second immunity). You just need to time it perfectly. And it will still work even if the somewhat pointless 2.5 change goes live.

And Hold the Line, with its 30 second cooldown, is a very potent weapon against Ravage/Master Strike.

Not true. Unremitting/Unstoppable triggers at the moment when you activate Force Leap which, in practice, means that for the last 0.5 second of the Master Strike/Ravage channel the Guardian/Juggernaut is vulnerable to CCs (because you start the channel 1.5 seconds into the 4 second immunity). You just need to time it perfectly. And it will still work even if the somewhat pointless 2.5 change goes live.

And Hold the Line, with its 30 second cooldown, is a very potent weapon against Ravage/Master Strike.

You're right, they can be stunned in the last half a second. So for someone who's just starting to learn how to counter classes, op, good luck. ;)

Hold the Line to get away (Ravage has to start at 4m but doesn't break until you're 10m), Dodge/Evasion to avoid white damage like Ravage, Bubble or talented Force Speed, anyone with a well-timed stun to miss the last tick, any kind of mitigation for a telegraphed big attack. Edited by Wainamoinen

With typical lag times this attempt to stop ravage will fail quite frequently.