Galactic Starfighter PTS gameplay footage

Yndras

I took some footage of a game at the kuat lost shipyards map from galactic starfighter on the pts.

This video shows off the versatility aof the mechanics and abilities nd shows of some of the intense dogfighting you can experience in game play.

Bioware have done a fantastic job of this expansion and this video really shows off that work in my opinion.

Unedited live pts gameplay after the link.

Edited by Yndras

I'm having a blast. Lol. Still playing.

So am I. The game has come a long way already but this really is icing on the cake. Just think what the player base would have been like if swtor launched with this expansion.

Not only is it an mmo, now its a flight sim as well.

Would still love a cockpit mode tho guys *wink* *wink*

Edited by Yndras

It looks a lot like an 80's style arcade game to me, except the graphics are better.

80's? I think your mistaken.

Now if you had said 1990's then i could believe you. On September 26, 1990 wing commander was released for PC DOS. It was later re-released for amiga and PC in 1994.

Star Wars x-wing was released in February 1994.

the only space games released in the 1980's i can think of are Trade wars(A BBS game), and elite.

Now elite is a space trading game, much like privateer, which excludes it from your comparison, and trade wars is also a trading game.

The only thing that comes close to GS is the aforementioned X-wing or Wing Commander in terms of play style and combat.

Wing Commander and X-wing were considered among the best of the space sim era, and if you are likening GS to them then i would say that GS is probably lacking the deep PVE involvement of the games but would agree that the play style is very similar.

In fact, i would say the freelancers combat system is more like GS and I personally loved that game. Freelancer to me is what EVE should have been.

So which is it? Care to clarify your comparison a little?