2.5 updated changes

IInox

Assassin

General

Dark Charge no longer heals the Assassin. The ability now increases armor rating by 130% (up from 115%) and generates additional threat when damaging an enemy target.

Slightly increased the damage dealt by Maul.

Slightly increased the damage dealt by Lacerate.

While Overcharge Saber is active, Lightsaber charges now heal the Assassin when they trigger their effects.

Maul has had its cost reduced to 40 Force (down from 50).

Damage by maul as been increased

yeah that what I meant, good enough dps but really boring...the pre 2.0 madness was really fun..:eek:

I never got to see pre-2.0 madness assassin. I see Madness's awesome potential, and I see it wasted on this sorc wannabe piece of garbage :(

Perhaps a straight revert of rotation to pre-2.0 conditions would be a good place to start?

But yea, with the changes listed here, I am even less inclined to ever play a DPS assassin. LOVE the tank, but the DPS variants are either lacking or not my style.

I am not really a fan of bringing back a duplicity Talent for Madness.

What I rather would like to see would be a change to raze so that I do not have to wait for a proc to use it (instead everytime you deal damage with a Melee Attack, you reduce the cooldown by 0,5 seconds, that means, 1 second for trash, 1,5 for saber strike, up to 2,5 for lacerate). Would grant consistency while decreasing the ramp up time.

There also should be a talent that is taking of advantage for being a stealth class, but I can't really think of something right now.

Dots could use a passive 10-20% Boost. And maybe another crit boost tied to Overcharge Lightsaber.

How about a talent that lets Lightning Burns reduce the Cooldown of Deathzone?

I would need to double check, but I'm pretty sure dropping the 75% boost on FL would alone be sufficient to make assassins unviably behind the other tanks in terms of both threat and DPS. So, good thing that isn't happening. :-)

You sure KBN? We have discharge and whither, both of which generate a high amount of threat, shock still generates additional threat and we have an autocrit proc. Additionally, Dark Charge will still deal additional damage to the opponent, and that damage is going to generate additional threat, in addition to how much threat it generates.

As for damage, I don't think the FL decrease could possibly put us behind juggernauts in terms of damage.

You sure KBN? We have discharge and whither, both of which generate a high amount of threat, shock still generates additional threat and we have an autocrit proc. Additionally, Dark Charge will still deal additional damage to the opponent, and that damage is going to generate additional threat, in addition to how much threat it generates.

Actually, discharge barely tickles. It generates slightly less threat than Thrash, and far less than Maul. Wither is very significant, and shock is pretty good, but our highest threat move by far is force lightning. There just isn't any contest. If wither generates around 3k threat, then force lightning will generate around 11k before you include healing. Losing the buff would drop that 11k to a mere 6.3k, which is obviously a substantial nerf (especially in the opener).

As for damage, I don't think the FL decrease could possibly put us behind juggernauts in terms of damage.

Just take a look at your combat logs. Reduce the DPS from Force Lightning assuming you don't have the 75% boost. It's a very significant part of our arsenal.

Actually, discharge barely tickles. It generates slightly less threat than Thrash, and far less than Maul. Wither is very significant, and shock is pretty good, but our highest threat move by far is force lightning. There just isn't any contest. If wither generates around 3k threat, then force lightning will generate around 11k before you include healing. Losing the buff would drop that 11k to a mere 6.3k, which is obviously a substantial nerf (especially in the opener).

Just take a look at your combat logs. Reduce the DPS from Force Lightning assuming you don't have the 75% boost. It's a very significant part of our arsenal.

Hmm ok, didn't know discharge generated that little threat. Well im not a mathy person so i'll take your word for it.

Lazy in my opinion. Does not seem like they even tried/cared to even try to make the class better. Way to fail yet again Bioware.

They did a good job of the tank, but the lack of any good changes to Madness are rather disappointing. It needs less boring.

Hmm, OP, you should add the updated tank changes as well.

The Armor Rating boost given by whatever talent it was is now 10%/20%, in line with KBN's recommendation

The Harnessed Darkness stacks last 12 seconds down from 18

Harnessed Darkness only requires one tick to maintain those stacks

Conspirators Cloak now gives all 2/4 stacks(Respectively) of DR upon exiting stealth

I really, really hope that they reduce the obnoxiousness of Dark Ward's animation as well. Remove the damned holocrons, and tone down the purple a bit

On 3 occasions I have been fighting the Prophet of Vodal in a corner, and NOT SEEING his purple circle because of all the bloody purple on the screen

Also Shadows animation just looks lazy, just give them an orange glow for Kinetic Ward if you want a lazy anim, not this half-assed rock hula-hoop.

Edited by Maudril

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.