The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Blasters that look like modern weaponry.

The last few cartel blasters have been very space age, which is fine for some peoples preference. However, I do think that many of us would like some that are reminiscent of modern weapons in the real world. Many of the most popular blasters I see in the game are the ones that look like stuff from the real world. Much of the stuff in the original films were inspired from real firearms so it's certainly not lore breaking.

What about a blaster that looks an Uzi or a Luger. Copy the pulse rifle from Aliens (PLEASE). Many flintlock pistols would also be great additions.

My personal favorite is the one that looks like my .357 Smith and Wesson 686 w/ the 6" barrel, the Black Nebula Blaster.

There are a few blaster rifles and sniper rifles that look like modern weapons as well. The Max-Tac HUD sniper rifle, and a few other models minus the projected heads up display, for example looks like the Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle which is my personal favorite for my Sniper. There are a lot of good models out there, you just have to do some searching and you're bound to find something that is just what you want.

Edited by Hyfy

The last few cartel blasters have been very space age, which is fine for some peoples preference. However, I do think that many of us would like some that are reminiscent of modern weapons in the real world. Many of the most popular blasters I see in the game are the ones that look like stuff from the real world. Much of the stuff in the original films were inspired from real firearms so it's certainly not lore breaking.

What about a blaster that looks an Uzi or a Luger. Copy the pulse rifle from Aliens (PLEASE). Many flintlock pistols would also be great additions.

primordial blaster does kind of fulfill the flintlock requirement. The most popular blaster is the A-300. I think most current blasters tend to border on the ostentatious (much like the assault cannons) and relatively impractical from any perspective (IMHO). And yes there could be some value in trending to practicality.