Leaderboards :)

DkSharktooth

I'm kind of annoyed that they have a main page post about old content recycling but there is no mention of the leader boards or Season 1. Or how they are ranking people.

Right now for POT5 the top player has a lower rating than the #2 player but has more wins. Is there info anywhere on how exactly this ranking works?

Right now for POT5 the top player has a lower rating than the #2 player but has more wins. Is there info anywhere on how exactly this ranking works?

Back to my earlier complaint. It doesn't show losses, which is an unknown factor.

Edited by Xeraz

Back to my earlier complaint. It doesn't show losses, which is an unknown factor.

You could establish a win/loss ratio by taking rating and dividing it by wins. A team with a low rating and high wins comes out lower than one with high rating but less wins.

Why are they not separated by server? if you're not able to face someone, you shouldn't be in the same leaderboard as them. Oh look, the top rated player of this AC has such a high rating....... on a PvE server.....

Click on top of ranking column to sort by ranking then click on a server name. Don't click "server" at the top. For instance if I want to see ranking for TofN I sort by ranking scroll to the first guy from TofN then click on Tomb on Freedom Nad. And magic happens.

Why are they not separated by server? if you're not able to face someone, you shouldn't be in the same leaderboard as them. Oh look, the top rated player of this AC has such a high rating....... on a PvE server.....

That's weird... At first pass it sounds like a politically correct approach, if you know what I mean.

ahem, you can sort ranking by server. Yes the number one is global, but you can still see who is the highest ranking on X server, which is the same thing as what you asking.

Ah, ok that's good.

I can't tell since I just see option bars and a nice background. Will have to try on a different computer later.

You could establish a win/loss ratio by taking rating and dividing it by wins. A team with a low rating and high wins comes out lower than one with high rating but less wins.

Yes I knew this, but it's still stupid because someone who has a super high rating on a PvE server can claim they have the highest rating in the world, even though they're probably not as good as the top players on PvP servers.

http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards

P.S. I am slightly bothered that Bioware went carebear on us and decided to show MVP votes over Losses. Shouldn't leaderboards track win/lose and even possible win/lose ratios?

I mean, in GROUP arena mvp votes are kinda...

With solo q'ing losses don't mean a thing.

The stupid pugs who are q'ing now are terrible. 8 losses in a row.. yay :)