The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

what stats do I need for a advanced prototype powertech?

lordmummer

After you hit 99.5-100% accuracy, basically go all power/surge and avoid crit altogether. Similarly, with the exception of augments, which should be aim, always go with the mods and enhancements that have the most power, and the least endurance. Surge is basically filler. My stat priority is something like:

1) Get accuracy to 99.5% (as close as you can to 100 without going over)

2) Augment for aim.

2) Power. Then power, power, and more power. Where more power isn't available, fill with surge before going over the accuracy cap. Forget crit.

Pre-2.4, having two aug pieces (for +144 crit) was a benefit, but the difference was only about 10 dps or so. You could probably use a crit piece or two with no problem, but the problem with crit is that it hits dimishing returns very quickly. My guess it probably happens after one mod instead of two with 78 gear.

I'd also recommend learning both dps specs. Proto is awesome, but flame thrower basically roots you and can lower your dps in mobile fights, which there are plenty of in the new operations (if that's what you're planning on doing). Theoretical dps for pyro is higher (but not by much) but I find I do a lot more damage as pyro on fights where I am constantly running around.