Preferred Leveling Spec?

Eppywon

So we've heard some thoughts on everyone's experience with their specs, however, I'm curious as to the consensus on what the trooper community's preferred leveling spec is?

Would Assault be more DoT single-target? focusing on HIB.

Shield Spec seems like an AoE powerhouse at later levels, key word 'later'.

Tactics may be convenient with the added run speed, but is it viable when dealing with loads of mobs?

Chime in!

I've been going up the Tactics tree I would highly recommend it for vanguard only things I would avoid would be the High Energy Cell stuff since when you get to around 30 all i've used is Ion cell, with Elara to heal me.

There is nothing about Shield Spec that can be described with the words "AoE" or "Powerhouse".

Level 40 and I use 1 AE ability on a regular basis (Pulse Cannon, and its not an AE its a Frontal Cone).

The damage for Shield spec is also the lowest of the three, so nothing is "powerhouse" about it.

That being said I like the Shield Spec, but don't expect big numbers like the other specs will give

It doesn't really matter. All the trees are fine for leveling. Pick what you want and roll out. Or, respec a few times to find what you prefer.

This.

Full Shield Spec is pretty good though, but the two DPS specs are fine too. Later planets are less forgiving (more elites, bigger packs, more things to interrupt, etc) but as long as you keep your gear up to spec then you'll be fine.

• 1 month later...