3,000 Cartel Coins FOR A Tauntaun ...

Murder_Toys

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet they've only sold like three of these from the entire swtor population.:jawa_tongue: I mean you have to be really addicted or pretty dumb to pay 30 dollars for a mount that's nothing more than a colour change of a mount you can get for free.:rolleyes: Edited by VonFoxFire

As has been mentioned before, the market will sort this out. They set the price to high IMO and even though there maybe some purchases they will eventually lower the price to move the product. Even as a luxury item, most people will not buy the Tauntaun because there are a couple of really good alternatives that cost no CCs, the Strike Force Tauntaun being the best of those.

How so? 3000cc simply means it will be listed on the GTN for 3-4 million credits.... which frankly is about the going rate for rare and desired mounts in current release these days.

You act as if this was as less (as an amount of money) as 1 Cent to other people.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Mark my words. There will be one day some super awesome mount that costs 50.000CC. EA will market it as Luxury Limited One Time Offer.

Basilisk Wardroid.

I would buy the Kephess droid walker from EC with CC :p exact size too, working lasers and pew pew those tauntauns on fleet but would create a clean up nightmare

Edited by Vegabond

personal jet costs $30 million

Actually, you can get a Cessna Citation Mustang personal jet for $3 million, give or take, depending on options.

http://www.cessna.com/citation/mustang

Seriously though, I want one, but there's no chance that I'm caughing up 3000 cc's for once. And I didn't check, but I'm almost sure it's only for one toon and would require even more coins to unlock it for the whole account.

I'll do without. Maybe they'll get a clue and price it reasonably later, or have a 50% off sale later...

EDIT: Now if they somehow made the mount special, like say, when I get off of it, it stays around and assists in combat, like a second companion, then I would consider it worth 4000 (3000+1000).

Edited by Glowrod

Actually, you can get a Cessna Citation Mustang personal jet for $3 million, give or take, depending on options.

http://www.cessna.com/citation/mustang

Seriously though, I want one, but there's no chance that I'm caughing up 3000 cc's for once. And I didn't check, but I'm almost sure it's only for one toon and would require even more coins to unlock it for the whole account.

I'll do without. Maybe they'll get a clue and price it reasonably later, or have a 50% off sale later...

Wait and get one off the GTN. Unlock across your account is 1000cc. Following the CC_cost/3 calculation.

Wait and get one off the GTN. Unlock across your account is 1000cc. Following the CC_cost/3 calculation.

That's a good plan too, but 3-4 million, to me, is a lot. Between all 14 of my toons on my server, I have about 4.1 million and I'm not going to blow it all on a single mount. But for those that can afford it, that's a good option.

That's a good plan too, but 3-4 million, to me, is a lot. Between all 14 of my toons on my server, I have about 4.1 million and I'm not going to blow it all on a single mount. But for those that can afford it, that's a good option.

Well, the game is a grind in every sense of the word. If you don't want to spend your 'real' money for high-end items, then you're just going to have to focus on grinding out credits to buy the mount off the GTN.

And if you don't want to put either the time or the money into getting it, then you really don't want it, now do you?

I bought a few to sell on the GTN, gonna price them around 2 mil. I really don't see what the problem is since you have to spend so much on a machine to even play this game with any decent graphics. Are those who have nice PC's stupid for "wasting" money? It's entertainment, pay to play and enjoy the game.

I really don't see what the problem is since you have to spend so much on a machine to even play this game with any decent graphics. Are those who have nice PC's stupid for "wasting" money? It's entertainment, pay to play and enjoy the game.

Not everyone buys their computer for the sole purpose of playing SWTOR. For example, I also use mine for work, Netflix, social media (facebook), communicating with other companies, online purchasing, etc etc etc.

There is also the fact that it's time for holiday shopping and some people have other financial priorities.

Personally, I just got two light sabers from ultrasabers.com, spent about $550 and that means that we can't afford over priced mounts. But even if I had the spare cash, I still wouldn't spend what amounts to $40 on a mount. That's almost 3 months subscription...

Edited by Glowrod

Not everyone buys their computer for the sole purpose of playing SWTOR. For example, I also use mine for work, Netflix, social media (facebook), communicating with other companies, online purchasing, etc etc etc.

There is also the fact that it's time for holiday shopping and some people have other financial priorities.

Personally, I just got two light sabers from ultrasabers.com, spent about $550 and that means that we can't afford over priced mounts. But even if I had the spare cash, I still wouldn't spend what amounts to $40 on a mount. That's almost 3 months subscription...

We all have our own different priorities when it comes to our hobbies.

Me, I prefer a high end comp that allows me the peace of mind of knowing that I won't need to upgrade it for a couple of years. You prefer buying replica lightsabers.

Either way, if I'm spending $1500 for a computer and you're spending $550 for replica SW stuff, neither of us can say that a $40 dollar purchase is 'that' big of a deal.

We all have our own different priorities when it comes to our hobbies.

Me, I prefer a high end comp that allows me the peace of mind of knowing that I won't need to upgrade it for a couple of years. You prefer buying replica lightsabers.

Either way, if I'm spending $1500 for a computer and you're spending $550 for replica SW stuff, neither of us can say that a $40 dollar purchase is 'that' big of a deal.

Hobbies are expensive but worth every penny!

Well, you can certainly go grind out the tauntauns off of Hoth too. I did and it was not particularly difficult. The CM one is not remarkably different IMO. Now.. if it was pure rich true black coloring (or the reverse in white) it would be more coveted for the stark contrasts probably. The biggest advantage it has is an account wide unlock which can be handy if you are wealthy on one server, but less wealthy on another and have lower level characters but want to be equipped in the style to which you are accustomed.

Beyond that, nothing prevents you from building in game wealth to buy anything you want. I spend about 6 million per pack release on the GTN these days. I buy copies of everything that interests me, even though I may just resell it later on if something better releases. I also buy low and relist pack content at market rates-5% too and generally make at least as much as I spend for each pack release. There are other ways to go about it as well, but I prefer this one because it only takes about 30 minutes a day to earn on average 500K to 1M credits.