The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Different path?

Alex_York

We can change race, appearance but not class? I've put a lot of work and time in my charater, collecting datacrons, exploring planets buying perks so when I'm creating alt, im thinking of all that work i've done. There is not much to do at top levels, everything is kinda repetitive. So why can't I start something new with same charater? For example find somekind of NPC that can de-level me to lvl 1 (?) and grant me choice of a new class, I would get my class story mission without reseting all other missions i've done (optional?) and start journey with same charater but new content! It will definitely boost up replayability and will open up more choices for new players!

Anyone has any thoughs about this?

We can change race, appearance but not class? I've put a lot of work and time in my charater, collecting datacrons, exploring planets buying perks so when I'm creating alt, im thinking of all that work i've done. There is not much to do at top levels, everything is kinda repetitive. So why can't I start something new with same charater? For example find somekind of NPC that can de-level me to lvl 1 (?) and grant me choice of a new class, I would get my class story mission without reseting all other missions i've done (optional?) and start journey with same charater but new content! It will definitely boost up replayability and will open up more choices for new players!

So you want to start over at level 1 as a new class? That is the definition of re-rolling.

All your achievements are on your legacy so they stick with you. I don't get the difference between what you want and just starting a new character except maybe having the same name.

Edited by Capt_Beers

Why exactly is this better than just rerolling a new char other than having the same name?

Since new class would require new abilities (say good by to rotation and skills), new armor (old armor, and weapons go poos especially since they would be level 55), new companions (say good by to them as well) which means you would not beable to do any crafting (say good by to that). Since your ship is tied to your class that goes poof as well.

so the only thing you save is species and name, create a similar species, similar name, send yourself some credits and have fun. While you are at it, might as well get the datacrons you actually need rather than everything (sage no real need for aim/cunning).

you can unlock adaptive armor from collections and send yourself legacy items with mods as you gain gear. might as well relearn another crew skill to go with the new class (since having multiple skills is actually ok).

I'm not seeing any benefit to not rerolling. otehr than having a bunch of stuff you cant use and either sell or destroy and thus end up losing the ability to play that char again for any end game content.

they should just make datacrons legacy wide, or make legacy wide datacrons be a legacy unlock.

it works with presence so why not work it with the other bonuses too

You would save all your character perks, datacrons, maps you've opened, inventory unlocked, both HK and Treek (if you have them) with you, ship parts (grade 7 is quite expensive), also keeping your titles. A lot of mmo's have double "professions", in some you can switch back and forth, but I just want to have an option to play with my one character. I would pay some cartel coins for that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Edited by Alex_York

You would save all your character perks, datacrons, maps you've opened, inventory unlocked, both HK and Treek (if you have them) with you, ship parts (grade 7 is quite expensive), also keeping your titles. A lot of mmo's have double "professions", in some you can switch back and forth, but I just want to have an option to play with my one character. I would pay some cartel coins for that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Do you how crazy OP you would be at level 1 with all the added stats from all the datacrons? You have something like +60 to all your stats, that's way more than what is budgeted to all the gear available at the early stage (an empty left side of your char sheet, no helmet, no OH(?) and only +5-8 main stat/end on most of the pieces you will have). You'll have almost double that stats of a new char.

You would ship parts for a ship you don't have yet. You have a level one char with titles they couldn't have possibly earned (titles from Ops, WZ's, old events etc)

This would absolutely trivialize all the content up to maybe the third or fourth planet.

Do you how crazy OP you would be at level 1 with all the added stats from all the datacrons? You have something like +60 to all your stats, that's way more than what is budgeted to all the gear available at the early stage (an empty left side of your char sheet, no helmet, no OH(?) and only +5-8 main stat/end on most of the pieces you will have). You'll have almost double that stats of a new char.

You would ship parts for a ship you don't have yet. You have a level one char with titles they couldn't have possibly earned (titles from Ops, WZ's, old events etc)

This would absolutely trivialize all the content up to maybe the third or fourth planet.

on my new characters i already have 570 presence so when i get my first comp they are beastly. you can already have +82 power/end/crit at level 10 with two color crystals from the CM.

As the devs have stated about the color crystal stats at level 10, that while the stats seem overpowered at low levels they equalize more at higher levels. so why wouldnt it be the same for someone with extra stats, and in reality it would be like gearing someone in all purples anyway compared to someone that just wears greens

on my new characters i already have 570 presence so when i get my first comp they are beastly. you can already have +82 power/end/crit at level 10 with two color crystals from the CM.

As the devs have stated about the color crystal stats at level 10, that while the stats seem overpowered at low levels they equalize more at higher levels. so why wouldnt it be the same for someone with extra stats, and in reality it would be like gearing someone in all purples anyway compared to someone that just wears greens

But you would still be able to gear up in all purples and have the lvl 10 +41 crystals.

It wouldn't be so much as starting a new character as putting the game on easy mode. All that would happen is having a bunch of people that have no idea on how to play their new class because they can just brute force their way through all the story content.

I could go along with something like this. The game I played prior to TOR had a system like that. In DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) you had to collect certain materials OR you could purchase them from the in game store and took them to a specific NPC. That NPC would then reincarnate you. You would then go back through the character creation and start back at level 1. When you did that you would also gain a past life ability and or bonus to a specific stat based on the class you were re incarnating from. The caveat to that is it also required you to gain more XP per level to level up. So if it took, and I'm just tossing up arbitrary numbers here for an example, 50K XP to go from level 10 up to level 11 it would then take 60K XP to go up from 10 to 11. All of the quests reset for you, you get past life bonuses for each time you reincarnate, but at the cost of more XP per level; capped after the 2nd or 3rd time.

You would also have to be max level to go through the process and get said bonuses. Something to think about.

Being OP at early lvl? Who cares? Noobs will overrun? If you can do that only on 55LVL I doubt it. Having more exp to lvl up? That's actually good balance to this perk, leveling in this game is pretty fast, so I would preffer doing more content to level up. I'm just curious is this hard to realise in game? If you would pay CC for this and you need to be 55 and you need to gain more exp per level than "normal" character, is this actually possible?

Being OP at early lvl? Who cares? Noobs will overrun? If you can do that only on 55LVL I doubt it. Having more exp to lvl up? That's actually good balance to this perk, leveling in this game is pretty fast, so I would preffer doing more content to level up. I'm just curious is this hard to realise in game? If you would pay CC for this and you need to be 55 and you need to gain more exp per level than "normal" character, is this actually possible?

Yeah the XP trade off is a good way to balance it out.