Tipping :) Do, Don't? How Much?

Argencia

I asked one of my guildmates to craft me a full set of augments and augmentation kits and I gave him most of matts he needed. He didn't ask for a tip but I gave him about about 275k credits out of courtesy. It beats spending around 4 million trying to buy all the stuff myself.

275k is really not much to me but I'm sure he appreciated it.

Edited by Nickious

I asked one of my guildmates to craft me a full set of augments and augmentation kits and I gave him most of matts he needed. He didn't ask for a tip but I gave him about about 275k credits out of courtesy. It beats spending around 4 million trying to buy all the stuff myself.

275k is really not much to me but I'm sure he appreciated it.

If he can craft MK-9s, 275k is means even less to him (only takes 3 MK-9s on the GTN to get more than that on BC). But as they say, it's the thought that counts.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I'm going to be honest in saying that I don't tip. I've come to view the expectation of tipping as more of a North American thing but it might be more widespread. As I understand it, many food service / hospitality workers are paid lower rates and use tips to increase their pay rate.

Things are a little different in Australia. While we still give tips here, it's only in the case of exemplary service or food. The expectation isn't there because the workers are already earning a good pay grade.

So, from my point of view, mandatory tipping seems more like a fee to press a button. Now, that doesn't mean I don't understand the expenses and lengths people have to go through to learn how to make a lot of things. Believe me I know because I also go through those lengths.

It's just that charging people several hundred thousand credits on top of the million or so they paid to gather crafting materials just doesn't seem like a fair deal. I should also point out that I don't keep the crit proc, charge a crafting fee or expect a tip when I provide a service. ;)

Then again, I wouldn't want to since I only offer my services to guild mates and friends.

The reason people craft for free is in order to get crit craft, which essentially results in a free copy of the mod/enhancement/hilt/etc. for the crafter. Now I don't actually use the services of any crafters directly in acquiring gear(I prefer to pay credits rather than go through getting all the necessary specific mats), but I wouldn't see anything wrong with not tipping them.

In the case of items that have a chance to crit and proc a double. I don't think a tip would be necessary. In fact, if the crafter does crit on the item. He or she can then sell or trade the extra item for mats or a large sum of cash.

Edited by Lord_of_Mu