The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tanking weapons.

Here's what I am thinking, you want to tank but your not generating enough threat so you buy a special protector's/intimidator's weapon from the cartel market, these weapons increase the threat generated by all attacks by a certain amount,there could be blasters pistols and rifles for powertech's and vanguards double bladed lightsabers and electro staffs for shadows and assassins and then single bladed lightsabers for guardians and jugganuats.

They could have weapons that.....

Increase the threat generated by all attacks by 10% for 150cc

Increase the threat generated by all attacks by 20% for 500cc

Increase the threat generated by all attacks by 30% for 700cc

What do you guys think it would make it a lot easyer to gain and maintain aggro in a flashpoint.

Here's what I am thinking, you want to tank but your not generating enough threat so you buy a special protector's/intimidator's weapon from the cartel market, these weapons increase the threat generated by all attacks by a certain amount,there could be blasters pistols and rifles for powertech's and vanguards double bladed lightsabers and electro staffs for shadows and assassins and then single bladed lightsabers for guardians and jugganuats.

They could have weapons that.....

Increase the threat generated by all attacks by 10% for 150cc

Increase the threat generated by all attacks by 20% for 500cc

Increase the threat generated by all attacks by 30% for 700cc

What do you guys think it would make it a lot easyer to gain and maintain aggro in a flashpoint.

IMHO this would be tantamount to pay to win. What they should be doing is revamping the threat mechanic altogether to make holding threat easier. Add more abilities that say "This ability causes a great deal of threat," add more threat to Soresu stance, Ion Cylinder/cell, etc. Also revamp guard so instead of reducing threat, a certain percentage of the target's DPS/heals goes to the tank's threat.

No. No. NO!

Even if my favorite class is tanks, i have to say - this idea is BAD.

Pay to win? Seriously?

Whats next? Buffs for DPS +100500% damage? Or crystal for healers, that allow single targeted heals become AoE? (sarcasm of course, but you got my point).

Op, have you even think before posting this?

Edited by Kingsbount

No. No. NO!

Even if my favorite class is tanks, i have to say - this idea is BAD.

Pay to win? Seriously?

Whats next? Buffs for DPS +100500% damage? Or crystal for healers, that allow single targeted heals become AoE? (sarcasm of course, but you got my point).

Op, have you even think before posting this?

well, sorry if its so stupid it was just a suggestion

Edited by avatarearth

No need to apologize. I think it's an interesting suggestion. It wouldn't break the game or anything. If you could buy a one shot kill blaster like Nords' in Kotor that would be wrong, but just something to increase threat seems fine. Maybe not everyone would want to use it, but it's in the vein of the level ten crystals and the exp bonus for subscribing. I'd like to see them, but I'd be horrified if the affect wasn't clearly labeled, having a threat increase on a melee juggernaut would just be beyond silly.

No need to apologize. I think it's an interesting suggestion. It wouldn't break the game or anything. If you could buy a one shot kill blaster like Nords' in Kotor that would be wrong, but just something to increase threat seems fine. Maybe not everyone would want to use it, but it's in the vein of the level ten crystals and the exp bonus for subscribing. I'd like to see them, but I'd be horrified if the affect wasn't clearly labeled, having a threat increase on a melee juggernaut would just be beyond silly.

Yeah... It definatly dont break the game, sure.

Another men, who don't know what is "Pay to Win".

If you have problems with aggro - learn to play.