when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

watermelonfan

But where's the proof that people are leaving cuz of this unfixed glitch that you say can be easily obtained? That's all Fidelicatessen is asking of you since your bold claim about how easy it is to factually show people leaving because of an unfixed glitch.

Only Bioware has the evidence that your looking for. That's because whenever someone unsubscribes it asks why you are leaving. People will put the reason. I don't have access to that, but I know people that told me they wrote down its because of the saber throw color glitch. I can't give you documented prove on that because only bioware has it. I know 10 people in my guild who no longer play because of this glitch. They gave me their emails and told me to let them know when its fixed. I'm sure there's probably hundreds if not thousands of other players that really want this fixed.

You see Bioware, you have already lost only you and god know how many customers. On the forums atleast dozens of people have mentioned they are frustrated, which is why this glitch should be fixed in the near future.

Edited by watermelonfan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like no QA team

(I'm only half joking. It really feels like they just drop the crap on the PTS and say "HAVE FUN QA TESTING FOR US FOR FREE LOL")

Good luck OP, getting them to fix cosmetic glitches is like pulling teeth. Nevermind the fact that fixing them contributes greatly to the feel of the game and gives it polish. We don't need any stinkin' polish in SWTOR, it seems :|

Egregious cosmetic glitches should not still be around in a game that has had 2 years to mature, imho.

This is why I'm here on the forums complaining even though these bioware fanboys are telling me to shut up and move on. I will not shut up. I am a very passionate SWTOR player. I will not let this glitch go unfixed.

Only Bioware has the evidence that your looking for. That's because whenever someone unsubscribes it asks why you are leaving. People will put the reason. I don't have access to that, but I know people that wrote down its because of the saber throw color glitch. I can't give you documented prove on that because only bioware has it. I know 10 people in my guild who no longer play because of this glitch. They gave me their emails and told me to let them know when its fixed. I'm sure there's probably hundreds if not thousands of other players that really want this fixed.

You see Bioware, you have already lost only you and god know how many customers. On the forums atleast dozens of people have mentioned they are frustrated, which is why this glitch should be fixed in the near future.

Unless you have solid proof that people have left in droves over this rather small glitch, do not make claims like that as you have no evidence to back that up in the slightest.

Unless you have solid proof that people have left in droves over this rather small glitch, do not make claims like that as you have no evidence to back that up in the slightest.

I may not have evidence for it, but I know for a fact that it is true. evidence and truth are 2 different things. I can know something is true but have no documented evidence to support it.

I may not have evidence for it, but I know for a fact that it is true. evidence and truth are 2 different things. I can know something is true but have no documented evidence to support it.

No it isn't, if you make claim that to you is true, the burden of proof is on you to provide evidence and saying something is a fact does not make it a fact. In fact what you just said is nothing more than an opinion which by the way is subjective. So I say again unless you give DOCUMENTED proof of that claim, I feel completely justified in not believing in for a second and calling it false.

Look at all the people who are unhappy bioware. Why are you letting this go unfixed for 3 freaking months. All those unhappy players pay a subscription which pays your salary. You should listen to us.This is not a minor issue. This visual glitch is rediciously noticeable and very annoying. You have to be blind or color blind to not notice this. This has been broken since update 2.3.3. very noticeable comestic glitches matter too, Not just gamebreaking glitches. You have barely even been fixing gamebreaking stuff lately. What have you been doing all of this time? The only thing I have seen is the new space pvp and the life day event. life day was nothing but utter laziness this year. I don't see what your doing that is preventing you from fixing one of the worst cosmetic glitches of all time in SWTOR. Edited by watermelonfan

I know 10 people in my guild who no longer play because of this glitch.

That is sad that you let this get to you so much that you quit, so, please stay away cuz the next glitch that makes you all quit might be that your lightsaber blade is 5% shorter than it should be or your speeder is moving at 109% instead of 110%.

What petty nonsense.

That is sad that you let this get to you so much that you quit, so, please stay away cuz the next glitch that makes you all quit might be that your lightsaber blade is 5% shorter than it should be or your speeder is moving at 109% instead of 110%.

What petty nonsense.

Seriously. I use Saber Throw all the time and I honestly haven't even noticed this. It's a minor bug. It'll get fixed when it gets fixed.

Edited by Atma

I hate to be the one to say this without evidence support it then it comes down just to you saying it. If this was taken to Court and you had no documented evidence to support it the Judge would throw the case out.

So what everyone is saying without proof it is only what you are saying with no actua proof to back it up so this cold be classified as your opinion.

Although presented in a silly manner, this is something that does need to be fixed. It's not ruining my gameplay but it is slightly annoying and to the point that I really get tired of seeing it all the time. I don't know much about this kind of stuff but I can't imagine it would be a difficult and very time consuming fix for something to small.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 2 months to fix a simple issue.

It may be more difficult than you think. Obviously, some patch code had an unintended consequence, but which line(s) are causing the glitch? That is the problem with debugging, especially debugging something that was not supposed to be affected by anything the code was intended to accomplish.

Wow, I'm torn.

Do I put watermelonfan on ignore because he made this badly-thought-out, self-centered request and is now throwing a 4-year-old tantrum about it?

Or do I keep him off ignore because it's such a LOLfest?

I'm with you on this. I normally do not read every post in threads like this but I just cannot turn away :)

I only made one comment on this thread that was demanding. after that I have been saying reasons why I think this should be fixed and why I am upset. And for the record, I am not an idiot. I am an A student in school. that's just for the record. And if you think what I am doing is so inmature then your not any better now that you called me an idiot. Please don't be a hypocrite. Another reason I am still complaining is because Bioware is ignoring this. Its very inmature and unprofessional to ignore a customer. I'm not saying they are required to fix it. They obiviously can't do everything that every customer wants. But its very bad service not to atleast acknowledge what a customer is saying.

I have also tried posting this issue in a less goofy manner. Those got no replies at all and far less views. So presenting this the way I am is better.

What school would that be? Elementary? :p

Look at all the people who are unhappy bioware. Why are you letting this go unfixed for 3 freaking months. All those unhappy players pay a subscription which pays your salary. You should listen to us.This is not a minor issue. This visual glitch is rediciously noticeable and very annoying. You have to be blind or color blind to not notice this. This has been broken since update 2.3.3. very noticeable comestic glitches matter too, Not just gamebreaking glitches. You have barely even been fixing gamebreaking stuff lately. What have you been doing all of this time? The only thing I have seen is the new space pvp and the life day event. life day was nothing but utter laziness this year. I don't see what your doing that is preventing you from fixing one of the worst cosmetic glitches of all time in SWTOR.

How many are actually unhappy with this glitch? In 19 pages of a single thread, maybe a dozen players have actually posted that they would leave the game over this. A dozen of just under half a million subs (who can post on these forums). Let's just assume for a moment that there's a hundred times that "suffering in silence" across the nearly 1.8 million accounts (sub, preferred, and F2P). That's still not even 1% of the population.

Is this glitch annoying to a "significant" number of players? Yes. Is it annoying enough to quit playing? The overwhelming majority would say no. To the dozen or so players who have posted on these forums... I dare you: put your money where your mouth is. I dare you to unsub now. Because it will probably be YEARS before this cosmetic glitch is fixed.

What petty nonsense.

Those aren't fair comparisons. The examples you provided aren't nearly as severe as the saber throw color glitch. This glitch is far far far more noticeable than the examples you gave me. No one would quit or even notice the glitch examples that you described. try again.

And you read this wrong. I haven't quit over this glitch yet. Only people in my guild have.

Edited by watermelonfan

This glitch shouldn't take years to fix. This glitch was caused by update 2.3.3. All the developers need to do is look at the changes made with that patch and figure out what caused it. Then fix it. They have fixed glitches within a week many times. They have also done it over night. So I know for a fact it doesn't take that long. Based on the recent patch notes, you can see they have barely fixed anything. I haven't decided yet If I'm going to quit yet, but I am certainly considering it. If they also glitch twin/dual saber throw the same way as a single lightsaber throw, then I will definitely quit. That will be the last straw. Edited by watermelonfan

I hate to be the one to say this without evidence support it then it comes down just to you saying it. If this was taken to Court and you had no documented evidence to support it the Judge would throw the case out.

So what everyone is saying without proof it is only what you are saying with no actua proof to back it up so this cold be classified as your opinion.

Its not an opinion because it is either true or false. you can't classify a statement as an opinion if its possible its true. In this scenario you would have to classify it as a rumor or a theory. But you are correct about a judge throwing the case out if there is no documented proof.

Am I the only one that, at this point, hopes they never fix the "issue" so that this topic can continue on ad infinitum?

You should be hoping they fix this so this thread can end. A lot of people want me to stop, but that won't happen until its fixed. I'll make this 1000 pages if necessary.

At this point i think this thread is just a troll, seriously no-one makes this much of a fuss on such a minor visual bug.

And in the off-chance that you aren't trolling, do you know how hard it is to fix bugs in mmo's? literally some code from last year could be causing this and they have to look through it all.

Edited by micnevv

You should be hoping they fix this so this thread can end. A lot of people want me to stop, but that won't happen until its fixed. I'll make this 1000 pages if necessary.

But that's just it. I would find it hilarious that you found it necessary to whine for 1000 pages over something that is so minor, it can hardly be considered an "issue." Especially not to the level (game breaking) you love to claim it is.

How did you not notice? Are you unaware of which color crystals you use?

He probably didn't notice because it doesn't happen all the time, I only noticed it after this thread popped up and can count on one hand the number of times it has happened.

Honestly it is a minor bug and should not be a priority. I would rather they fix more serious issues first like the Esseles crash bug for instance.

Which will not happen no matter how much you want it to because eventually they will remove the thread as it is becoming nothing more than spam.

At this point i think this thread is just a troll, seriously no-one makes this much of a fuss on such a minor visual bug.

And in the off-chance that you aren't trolling, do you know how hard it is to fix bugs in mmo's? literally some code from last year could be causing this and they have to look through it all.

This thread is not a troll. This glitch is a serious visual bug. and needs to be fixed. How can this glitch be caused by last years code when it was caused by update 2.3.3 which was released 3 months ago.

Edited by watermelonfan

He probably didn't notice because it doesn't happen all the time, I only noticed it after this thread popped up and can count on one hand the number of times it has happened.

Honestly it is a minor bug and should not be a priority. I would rather they fix more serious issues first like the Esseles crash bug for instance.

What do you mean this glitch doesn't happen all the time? It happens absolutely 100% of the time that you throw one lightsaber unless it happens to change to the color that you happen to be using, which is about .0001 percent of the time.

Temporary solution if you have one: a white crystal seems to stay white most of the time. It's pretty rare it changes to anything else, dispatch being what usually does it. I was using green before, and that was turning all sorts of colors often.