Purchase Cartel Coins In-Game – Now Live!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though hesitant at first, I tried it out and to my surprise it worked!! :) I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Just to rule out my particular scenario (and ones like it), what I have or did was:

- A major bank-issued credit card on file. Had the same one since launch and what my sub rolls off of.

- My last CC purchase was in August, and purchased from that credit card.

- Logged into this site a couple of days ago, clicked "My Account", then "Cartel Coins", and finally the orange button next to the box that reads "Purchasing of Cartel Coins from the in-game Cartel Market is disabled," to make it "enabled."

- Logged out, and waited about a day or so.

- Got in-game, drank enough beer to make my hesitation evanesce, clicked the little button "ADD COINS", which produced a small dialog box with my credit card (numbers 'X'ed out), the 5500 coins option already selected, and the prices all half of what they normally are.

- Clicked "BUY NOW"

- Immediately, saw the coins added to my total, and my BlackBerry vibrating with the confirmation email, seconds later.

- Clicked on the "ADD COINS" button again, and noticed that the prices were back to their normal values. (I was secretly hoping that the discount could be applied a second time. Now that would've been a welcome bug. lol.)

In the end, it worked as intended for me.

Now, for those getting errors, can you confirm that you have/did the things I noted above?

Edited by PifferPuff

So this method is directed at the big Cartel Coin spenders only? I was thinking of making one purchase to take advantage of the deal, but there is no way that I'm spending additional money on the website beforehand just so I can use this feature. :(

This makes me so mad that it is advertised for subscribers that pay a handsome monthly fee. And then I go to enable it to get the deal, as I think at the regular price is a rip off, only to be told that I must pay you more money to enable the deal. Well you can go screw yourselves if you think I am going to do that and you can kiss you monthly subscription good bye if this game gets any more money grabbing. Please stop putting things into the cartel market so you can make money of FtP players and put stuff into the game that subscribers can earn via gameplay, and then make the FtP players need cartel coins to unlock the right to earn them.

Let me see if I understand this:

When this deal is live, you need to buy Cartel Coins off the website, at full price.

Only when then finalizes, can you buy Cartel Coins in-game, for half price. But only once.

When this deal ends, it forgets everything, so next time the deal comes up, you need buy Cartel Coins off the website, to activate it in-game, to buy Cartel Coins half price, etc.

?

No, you should only have to buy cartel coins once via the website. I last bought cartel coins last month, but just enabled my in game purchases.

I still can't enable the in game purchase, I am subbed, have a major bank / card added and purchased coins today / yesterday / last month.

I opened an in game ticket yesterday and it just says resolved.

It is not resolved, it just keeps saying I need to make a purchase of coins first.

Can anyone help?

Edited by Juku

I don't think that particular thing is a bug since they have it in the fine print. I think they want you to have bought CC off their website at least once with a credit card. The bugs I've been watching are things like when you go to buy ingame CC and they keep on asking you to buy from website instead even if you have. Or ppl claiming that they didn't get the discount.

Thats why I said the whole bought cartel coins off the site previously and it wants you to buy ccs off the site again to enable the in game buying ability thing

Thats why I said the whole bought cartel coins off the site previously and it wants you to buy ccs off the site again to enable the in game buying ability thing

I'd say open a ticket then, and be patient. They do seem to be having some issues with a lot of people, and a lot of people don't have an issue (like me) but there isn't some nefarious plot to screw you over as many people think, so if you are positive you should already quality (as I do), then open a ticket.

I'd say open a ticket then, and be patient. They do seem to be having some issues with a lot of people, and a lot of people don't have an issue (like me) but there isn't some nefarious plot to screw you over as many people think, so if you are positive you should already quality (as I do), then open a ticket.

Did ...told me to call...called billing said several folks have had the issue but not everyone and they had no eta on a fix.They also said the devs might know...hence the post :)

Edited by Ravenschild

This thing is a scam. you have to buy useing credit card to be able to pay less..... and what about those who buy cartel coins but not through credit card? i just bought them through different way but i am not eligible for discount cause it wasn't credit card? O.o RIP OFF

if i am supposed to be child of lesser god then i will never again let you earn on me through cartel coins. that's that,

you made campain lately to get new subscribers and old ones to come back to subscribing but shame that all got "Rise of the Hutt Cartel", you shyould have given it only to those who pay for subscription with credit card ^^ what a fail you guys made xD

anybody else buy coins through the in-game thing and get double-charged? I went for the max amount and got 5500 points for $20 at half-off, but it appears to have charged my card twice for $20. Not sure if the second charge will drop off or what but it was unexpected and not at all acceptable to have more charged then I was expecting.

Cant do it. I use the in game feature and it tells me I have to enable it on the website.. Ok.. so it takes me there I log in and click enable. But wait! you have to make a purchase to enable it. ok fine. purchase goes through, but the feature never enables.. keeps saying I have to make a purchase.

And this isn't my first purchase either and yes I am a sub

This thing is a scam. you have to buy useing credit card to be able to pay less..... and what about those who buy cartel coins but not through credit card? i just bought them through different way but i am not eligible for discount cause it wasn't credit card? O.o RIP OFF

if i am supposed to be child of lesser god then i will never again let you earn on me through cartel coins. that's that,

you made campain lately to get new subscribers and old ones to come back to subscribing but shame that all got "Rise of the Hutt Cartel", you shyould have given it only to those who pay for subscription with credit card ^^ what a fail you guys made xD

Wow, this does seem like a scam.. I was totally about to buy some coins until I realized they're forcing you to buy coins outside the game, in order to enable in-game purchases - and the 50% off is only applicable to the in-game purchase.

Seems like BioWare was being intentionally misleading with their 50% off marketing campaign.

Wow, this does seem like a scam.. I was totally about to buy some coins until I realized they're forcing you to buy coins outside the game, in order to enable in-game purchases - and the 50% off is only applicable to the in-game purchase.

Seems like BioWare was being intentionally misleading with their 50% off marketing campaign.

No, it's not a scam. The in-game store has no security whatsoever programmed into it beyond the normal game login, so they need to make sure your credit card and account and everything is valid first. Just $5 worth of points works, just so they know the card and everything is good. This is also why Paypal and such can't be accepted yet because many times it can take a day or two for Paypal charges to be approved (depending on if you have a credit card securing your account or not, or at least that's how it was last time I used Paypal). So, if they give you the points instantly, as the in-game store does and then your Paypal account doesn't pay them, they can't take back points you spent already.

I see your point, but however is seems deliberately misleading.

Also I have a subscription via card. This means that I have already spent way more than the price of cartel coins in the store. So being told that I have to pay more to enable a deal, even though I pay them every month, is like a slap in the face.

I am really puzzled by this game's developers..

I've purchased CCs in the past a few times using my card, so I just hit ENABLE and could buy them ingame. COULD. But every time I try I get Error code: 9.

So I've made a ticket about it, got an answer after 2 days:

Please note that certain criteria must be met in order to use the in-game purchase feature:

-You must have previously applied your credit card details onto your account via swtor.com

-You must have previously made a purchase for Cartel Coins using the same credit card

-You must have selected the "Opt in" option from the Cartel Coins Ledger on your account on swtor.com

Despite writing I've done all that in the ticket..

And in addition to that, I can't even log into game anymore, because the stupid "ONE TIME PASSWORD REQUIRED" to log in refuses to arrive..

I don't know why I'm still subbed to a game that has virtually no support and just keeps making me angry..

I am really puzzled by this game's developers..

I've purchased CCs in the past a few times using my card, so I just hit ENABLE and could buy them ingame. COULD. But every time I try I get Error code: 9.

So I've made a ticket about it, got an answer after 2 days:

Please note that certain criteria must be met in order to use the in-game purchase feature:

-You must have previously applied your credit card details onto your account via swtor.com

-You must have previously made a purchase for Cartel Coins using the same credit card

-You must have selected the "Opt in" option from the Cartel Coins Ledger on your account on swtor.com

Despite writing I've done all that in the ticket..

And in addition to that, I can't even log into game anymore, because the stupid "ONE TIME PASSWORD REQUIRED" to log in refuses to arrive..

I don't know why I'm still subbed to a game that has virtually no support and just keeps making me angry..

Yep i have this answer 2 times and its stupid. I buy in site cartel coins 2 times, enabled it and no have acces on in-game purchase.

They write that fixed but it's a lie, I even this error unpicked, stupidly hanging window that says a request for information and waiting for over an hour is nothing fixed. With this attitude to the users, I stop and renew their subscription to make any investments in this game.

so they shouldn't to that 50% off if they cannot allow all cartel coins buyers to use it.. they should not do that campain at all.

It's to promote the in-game store. If you want the deal, you find a way to buy via the in-game store.

I am a single person who doesn't spend much more than about $30 on grocieries per week (for many reasons, which don't matter.) So, my local grocery store has a "customer appreciation" coupon for $10 off when you purchase $50 in one shopping trip. Well, screw them, right? They should give that $10 off to me even though I only buy $30 worth of groceries a week?

Or, another deal they have is users of their Store Branded Rewards VISA card get 5 cents off per gallon when buying gas, but you have to use the card itself to pay for the gas. So, what are they being jerks for not making the 5 cents off deal for everyone, including those without their store brand VISA?

No, it's not a scam. The in-game store has no security whatsoever programmed into it beyond the normal game login, so they need to make sure your credit card and account and everything is valid first. Just $5 worth of points works, just so they know the card and everything is good. This is also why Paypal and such can't be accepted yet because many times it can take a day or two for Paypal charges to be approved (depending on if you have a credit card securing your account or not, or at least that's how it was last time I used Paypal). So, if they give you the points instantly, as the in-game store does and then your Paypal account doesn't pay them, they can't take back points you spent already.

There's no technical limitation that forces them to make us buy something.. they can charge $1 and refund it like every other online system does automatically, or use countless other methods of validation without making the customer buy a 2nd item.

And if they don't want to do that, it's fine - but communicate it clearly, and don't leave information out to try to trick people into going through this process.

This isn't an attack that anyone should feel the need to defend; it's just feedback that the communication could have been a little more up front.

It's to promote the in-game store. If you want the deal, you find a way to buy via the in-game store.

I am a single person who doesn't spend much more than about $30 on grocieries per week (for many reasons, which don't matter.) So, my local grocery store has a "customer appreciation" coupon for $10 off when you purchase $50 in one shopping trip. Well, screw them, right? They should give that $10 off to me even though I only buy $30 worth of groceries a week?

Or, another deal they have is users of their Store Branded Rewards VISA card get 5 cents off per gallon when buying gas, but you have to use the card itself to pay for the gas. So, what are they being jerks for not making the 5 cents off deal for everyone, including those without their store brand VISA?

Those are faulty analogies. I don't think people are complaining about wanting to get something for nothing. I'm certainly not.

The issue is with the communication about the deal and the way it's being pushed. If I go to swtor.com and it says "subscribers get 50% off first purchase", and then I'm on the forums and they post this:

Starting today, you can purchase Cartel Coins from inside the game! No need to log out. Now you can purchase Cartel Coins directly from the Cartel Market.

To celebrate this launch, Subscribers save 50% on their first in-game purchase of Cartel Coins through November 30th!

Read More

.... I'm not expecting to have to buy something at full price, as a subscriber. If they want to charge for the first purchase I would have been totally cool with that, if not for the tricky wording. $5 to enable this is nothing, it's the principal of BioWare being intentionally unclear about it.

Edited by Lightrider

Alright I keep trying to enable the cartel purchases in the game (and I purchase cartel coins from the site regularly mind you) but whenever I attempt to enable them it only gives me one card option, is there any way i can change it to a different card (I normally use my visa its even the one i sub with but thats still not an option ffs its the one i normally buy the cartel coins with the number its giving me now is my fathers that i used a little while back as a gift, hell that card isnt even SAVED TO MY ACCOUNT)

*edit* Solved the problem. I just went into my subscription and re-entered the credit card info

*edit 2* aaaaand now I get error code 9. It gets better and better

Edited by JustinPL
SOLVED

you miss the point. the point is that it is available only to those who pay useing credit card. i bought cartel coins but not useing it and so i cannot buy cheaper as credit card users. i bought cartel coins like them but am not eligible for 50% off and that is the point.

it is like i went to shop (the one you go to for example) and got coupon cause i payed with credit card but you will not cause you payed the same amount of money but with cash. is it ok? that is the whole point.

Edited by OldTuruki

Starting today, you can purchase Cartel Coins from inside the game! No need to log out. Now you can purchase Cartel Coins directly from the Cartel Market.

To celebrate this launch, Subscribers save 50% on their first in-game purchase of Cartel Coins through November 30th!

Read More

i think its an ok idea, regardless of the location of the purchases made on credit/debit card.