The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

QoL/Balance changes we would like to see

Ajaxduo

For PVP Pyro:

1) Incendiary Missile - Add 20 second cooldown but have it's effect apply to up to 5 players within 5 meters of the target. Increase heat to 24 and range to 15 meters

2) Flame Suit - Reduces all damage taken by 3%

3) Burnout - changed to all elemental damage instead of just periodic

4) Steely Resolve - decreased to 2/4/6% (Obviously with this change something would need to be done to help tanks; I think AP would still be fine.)

Another suggestion to Burnout that I'm not sure how to balance properly would be to have it cause DoTs to tick faster and do more damage to targets below 30%.

1) No. That wouldn't help in PVP, and it would certainly hurt PVE.

2) In addition to the periodic defense already given?

3) Would be very, very overpowered...not saying I don't like it, but too much.

4) No. Would be a nerf to AP, Pyro, and S/T in PVE.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any specific suggestions other than dps PTs should have a viable PvE raiding tree (meaning they can do damage to within a 5% margin of what the other well performing dps classes are capable of).

The changes made as an attempt to break the use of hybrids didn't work, and worse, it made both pure specs very PvP-viable and both crappy for serious PvE raiding.

1) No. That wouldn't help in PVP, and it would certainly hurt PVE.

2) In addition to the periodic defense already given?

3) Would be very, very overpowered...not saying I don't like it, but too much.

4) No. Would be a nerf to AP, Pyro, and S/T in PVE.

1) If it's uncleansable on the primary target, that's an absolute help in PVP. Tab targetting DoTs is such a waste of time and a pain (OPs title is QoL issues).

2) No, to replace it. DoT damage reduction is pointless and lackluster. It just feels like the developers were stuck on fitting the DoT theme and ignored actual gameplay balance (or maybe that's just my bias against the PVP developers)

3) Not overpowered depending on what percentage increase you give, but potentially too much....hence number 4.

4) This change is to balance out other changes. PT DPS in PVP is pretty balanced IMO (AP is a little strong), so buff/QoL tweaks can't be made without sacrifice. Far too often in threads like these people only offer buffs buffs buffs and rarely consider balance.

To me, PVP damage is fairly balanced aside from a couple classes' burst abilities, and the discrepancy has more to do with survivability and defensive cooldowns. It seems like there's a couple specs that dominate PVE damage, so why not just nerf those?

It seems like there's a couple specs that dominate PVE damage, so why not just nerf those?

Wait! What! You want to nerf PvE damage EVEN MORE?!? They top out under 3k dps in full min-maxed gear - HUNDREDS below snipers, marauders, & even Mercs.

Hardly anyone raids with dps PT's as it is and you want to put them further back in dps? You can't be serious.

Wait! What! You want to nerf PvE damage EVEN MORE?!? They top out under 3k dps in full min-maxed gear - HUNDREDS below snipers, marauders, & even Mercs.

Hardly anyone raids with dps PT's as it is and you want to put them further back in dps? You can't be serious.

He said nerf specs which are dominating PVE. Are Pt dominating PVE on your server? Also, give us a little more credit, we can break 3k DPS with BIS gear, without going hybrid.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like as long as Mercs get to keep the high damage potential of Power Shots, and their 15% crit chance, us Pt should specialize in non energy damage. Comparing Pyro and based on my parse and Marisi's parse (Top Merc) There is a huge disparity between the types of damage we deal. Me having 54.45% elemental where as Marisi only has 22.09%. Merc's get 6% ranged crit chance not only in the skill tree through Upgraded Arsenal, but 15% more Power Shot crit as their 2 set. So almost 70% of Merc damage is buffed with additional crit. As Pt it's a little different. Rail Shot being our single highest damage, but we're more tech crit heavy. Now currently High Energy Gas Cylinder which boosts elemental is used for AP exclusively. Also Prototype Cylinders only provides a meager 1% more damage to HEGC and for Pyro, 3% more tech crit for things we care about except Rail shot is left out. If I remember right, AP is even more reliant on elemental/internal damage than Pyro is. Anyway what Pt needs is some kind of boost to elemental damage, hopefully through 2 set because no one cares about combat tech 2 set, we all wait until the Boundless Ages Relic is off cd (if we have that relic and I would recommend you do). Thing is we have to make it so it's not something mercs can utilize. Others have suggested 15% Flame Burst crit chance or some kind of ability similar to Weakening Blast, both are a good start but I highly doubt the 15% crit will close the now 500 DPS gap between mercs and Pt. Weakening Blast is something that would have to be applied to to pyro as a whole so Mercs would get that and we don't want that.

Also whatever elemental boost I hope we do get, I am unsure of how it will affect PVP, people already complain about OP Pt in ranked, but honestly knowing what mercs are capable of, and how often my raid leader boasts about how easy PVP is on his merc I wonder why people don't complain about them.

This was a little longer than expected but it's what I've been thinking about lately, also no idea why in my parse, I'm listed as a mercenary. And nerf Power Shot

Edited by Melon_Lord

Best fix for PT Pyro

Its 2 simple changes

Prototype Partical Accelerator

Proc changes are now 60% Flame Burst, 100% Rocket Punch

Power Bracer

Has new effect:

Reduces the heat cost of Flame Burst by 3, and the cooldown of Rocket Punch by 3 seconds. Also increases the damage of Rocket Punch, Incendiary Missile and Thermal Detonator by 6%

The first change is to make the procs on Rail Shot more reliable, while the second change puts Power Bracer more in line with the merc version of the ability Power Barrels (Basically the same effect as Power Bracer but gets the energy cost + cooldown reductions that Power Bracer does not currently)

Oh and it makes the rotation incredibly easy:

Opener

IM -> RS -> TD -> RP -> RS -> FB -> RapidS -> RP -> RS -> FB -> TD -> RP -> 24 Heat

Looping(IM -> RS -> RapidS -> RP -> RS -> FB -> TD -> RP -> RS -> FB -> RapidS -> RP -> 16 Heat

IM -> TD -> RS -> RP -> RS -> FB -> FB -> RP -> RS -> RapidS -> TD -> RP -> 24 Heat)

EDIT - just realised TD has a 15 second cooldown -_- So that rotation wouldn't work with a 6 second cooldown on rocket punch :(

It would have to be rearranged a little. Like so:

Opener

IM -> RS -> TD -> RP -> RS -> FB -> RapidS -> RP -> RS -> FB -> FB -> RP -> 28.5 Heat

Looping:

IM -> RS -> TD -> RP -> RS -> FB -> RapidS -> RP -> RS -> RapidS -> FB* -> RP -> -7 Heat

IM -> RS -> TD* -> RP -> RS -> RapidS -> FB* -> RP -> FB -> RS -> FB -> RP -> +2 Heat

Ends up with a similar damage output to the parse from the guy above me (about 30dps more), but without the RNG issues. Oh and if TD went on a 12 second cooldown, then it would be even better (swap out the moves with a star on them for TD/FB depending on the move)

Edited by TACeMossie

Sorry, but those "2 simple fixes" you suggest are way op, and would make Pyro a faceroll spec again... I mean 6s RP and a free RS after that? (Since RP has a 100% to reset RS and make it free). You basicly making the spec a 3,4 button spec (and I say 3,4 because you have to use 2 fillers before punch and RS again)

Sorry, but those "2 simple fixes" you suggest are way op, and would make Pyro a faceroll spec again... I mean 6s RP and a free RS after that? (Since RP has a 100% to reset RS and make it free). You basicly making the spec a 3,4 button spec (and I say 3,4 because you have to use 2 fillers before punch and RS again)

Hey, I did the maths, and its still a lot less damage then Pyro Merc (sadly)

Oh and its a 6 button spec

RapidS

Flame Burst

Incendiary Missile

Thermal Detonator

Rocket Punch

Rail Shot

Hey, I did the maths, and its still a lot less damage then Pyro Merc (sadly)

Oh and its a 6 button spec

RapidS

Flame Burst

Incendiary Missile

Thermal Detonator

Rocket Punch

Rail Shot

Yes I saw that, but mostly you gonna try to pop RP-RS, making the rest just fillers in a 4s window (2,3 buttons max) before the next RP-RS combo. Also, the RS proc will make the hybrid even better (because Flame Barrage making RP free)... and I really doubt EAware wants that, since they nerfed the RB bleed damage by a 25% and make it tick every 3s to supposedly stop the hybrid from being best dps (which is still the best).

And I know Pyro Merc is a beast right now, but thats because the dual wield and oher factors. Not my fault that PT Pyro cant be as good as Merc

Edited by AAntan