The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Max affection pack

You should have a pack designed to get huge amounts of affection from comps what you should have in it is..

One rank 3 or 4 companion gift of every kind(you know weapon,luxury,ect) of at least prototype quality, that way when you buy it it's guaranteed that you will get lots of affection from one or more of your comps

What do you guys think?

You should have a pack designed to get huge amounts of affection from comps what you should have in it is..

One rank 3 or 4 companion gift of every kind(you know weapon,luxury,ect) of at least prototype quality, that way when you buy it it's guaranteed that you will get lots of affection from one or more of your comps

What do you guys think?

It could be called "Me love you long time Pack" and have a picture of jar jar on the front with his long tongue hanging out and a goofy grin.

Or you could just, ya know, get companion gifts from underworld training....or buy them off the GTN?

Pretty much that.

And if you are that set on doing it the "easy" way (by paying real money) you can always buy a pack or two and sell them on the GTN to sponsor your gift gathering/purchasing. ;)

I'd love it if people that have max cartel market reputation could sell there reputation tokens on the GTN for people that just want to complete the reputation but don't have enough real life money to buy packs. Granted I could buy packs from people that sell them, but I am wary by doing that because some of those people might be gold farmers.

Granted I could buy packs from people that sell them, but I am wary by doing that because some of those people might be gold farmers.

Goldfarmers that BUY market stuff from Bioware just so that they can sell it on the GTN for in-game credits, which they'll then in turn sell to make real money again? :confused:

Well... at least Bioware won't mind them very much...

Edited by Callaron

• 3 weeks later...
GTN has VERY high prices for affection gifts, underworld trading is a good way to max though...

UT, Investigation, Diplomacy all give comp gifts. + huge gains on Makeb and some on Oricon as well + old Belsavis dailies for affection grinding with the more PITA comps in this aspect (Ashara for female Inquisitors ie).

Most importantly, something I discovered long time after starting the game. Getting 1-4000 (1-6000) affection is incredibly cheap. Except for a few tricky companions (like Ashara), nearly all have their max favourite kind of gifts. You buy 60 green Rank 1 gifts of this kind for the companion for about 12k and you jump to 4000 immediately. Few more thousands for 20 Rank 2 green gifts and you're up to 6000 for very very cheap. Don't even start giving them/buying Rank 5 blue gifts before hitting 4000/6000 affection from cheap green Rank 1s & 2s from Gift vendor on fleet (next to GTN kiosks).

Honestly, for those that want to max a companion's affection by paying CC for it... just buy a Pack or other CM item, toss it on the GTN and use the profits to buy the gifts you want.

Packs sell for about 340-400k credits on my server - and the most expensive blue rank 5 gifts cost about 10k a piece (weapons).

If you do as Pietrastor said and get your companion to 4k affection the cheap way, the rest of the money should easily max out just about any companion.

Also a tip; if you know they are romanceable, and you intent to romance that companion... get them to 4k affection, do their conversations for more affection and to start the romance if possible (with some companions 4k is enough, while others need more).

Most romanced companions will accept courting gifts for large affection gains... and courting gifts are incredibly cheap on the GTN. Like 2k a piece cheap. :p

Also a tip; if you know they are romanceable, and you intent to romance that companion... get them to 4k affection, do their conversations for more affection and to start the romance if possible (with some companions 4k is enough, while others need more).

Most romanced companions will accept courting gifts for large affection gains... and courting gifts are incredibly cheap on the GTN. Like 2k a piece cheap. :p

I would say start any conversation atfer you get them to 6000 rank, not just romance companions. Affection gains at that level is much more valuable and there's tons of affection to get from all conversations, so best to not "waste" it in 1-4000/6000 range which can be covered for Rank 1 greens for little cash, Grind just final 4000 range.

Another tip: never ever grind HK-51's affection on more than 2 characters (1 Imp and 1 Rep for the sake of it). He's a huge money-sink, gives little affection in conversatinos, can't be grinded on Belsavis, favourit gift is Weapon (always most pricey on GTN, it's obvious BW did it on purpouse) etc. Treek's infinitely better in this regard, can easily get +500 from each conversation (don't start them till feeding her Rank 1/2 cheap greens first to 6000 affection).

Edited by Pietrastor

I would say start any conversation atfer you get them to 6000 rank, not just romance companions. Affection gains at that level is much more valuable and there's tons of affection to get from all conversations, so best to not "waste" it in 1-4000/6000 range which can be covered for Rank 1 greens for little cash, Grind just final 4000 range.

Another tip: never ever grind HK-51's affection on more than 2 characters (1 Imp and 1 Rep for the sake of it). He's a huge money-sink, gives little affection in conversatinos, can't be grinded on Belsavis, favourit gift is Weapon (always most pricey on GTN, it's obvious BW did it on purpouse) etc. Treek's infinitely better in this regard, can easily get +500 from each conversation (don't start them till feeding her Rank 1/2 cheap greens first to 6000 affection).

Yeah, 6k is better to start them - it takes a lot of feeding them rank 1 greens though, but worth it. :p

Not entirely convinced about rank 2's, since 600 credits starts getting pricey for the affection gained - and it might be better to outright give them rank 5 blue's at that point (since they also give more affection due to being several ranks above what you need for a while) - guess it depends on which gifts they like.

Also, I rarely bother with giving my "active" companion gifts - since they are going to be with you in all your conversations they'll get there eventually anyway (unless you bring along a companion that leans towards the Lightside while you're going Darkside - then you might find yourself going into negative affection :p).

Edited by Callaron