During Dread Master Bestia boss fight in Dread Palace, Dread Monster's sometimes hide

prairieprof

In an 8 person hard mode group I was tanking Dread Monster adds on the left side. When the Dread Monster first emerged out of the portal I was able to see it and target it. As I tanked it for about 40 seconds, it ran straight out from the portal and down into the black triangle on the floor. It then disappeared as it ran below the floor. I no longer had it on my target and could no longer find it in the room. A healer in the same group also said he was not able to see the Dread Monsters that others in the group were able to see. When I found another dps that was able to see the Dread Monster I was able to grab the Dread Monster off that person's target of target. Once I had taunted the invisible Dread Monster then suddenly appeared in front of me.

One other important note to make about this bug. The Dread Monsters only sometimes hide, or run into / under the floor in the first phase of the fight. After Bestia comes down and tanks start to swap on Bestia, the Dread Monster adds never hide. They are always visible and we are always able to target them.

I've had this bug aswell, and I've also had trouble with other bosses, for instance Dash'roode, The Thing from the Stars and Kephess the Undying have, at times, disappeared through the floor. There is also another bug where I can't see the Dread Monsters when they spawn, Dash'roode when he appears and the voracious xuvva when they arrive, a workaround of this is me targeting one of my raid members and clicking on the target of target. This lets me see the red circle under the enemy and I can now attack them, but it still takes about 10-15 seconds before I can see them.

• 2 months later...
This issue continues to happen although I've collected some more data points. Specifically, the chance of this happening only occurs after a failed attempt where you actually die and return to med center. If you have an ability to stealth out and you do not die at a failed attempt you will not have the issue. If you die and wait for a rez you will not have the issue. If you die and return to med center then you will have a random chance to have the monster adds not completely materialize on your screen. They no longer seem to run under the floor though. It seems that particular issue has been resolved in some recent patching. However, what happens now is you see the damage effects around a slightly visible monster halo as your raid members who do see the monster start to hit on it. You will also see like some lightening on it as it first emerges from the portal if you happen to be looking right at the spawn point. After the first monster is dead you will also not see the second monster until it is about 30% dead. Then it will appear and you will see the rest without issue.

• 1 month later...
Not a peep from official swtor development, customer service or support. Problem is persistent. Causes others troubles as it does me. I've spoken to several other 8man groups and either 1 or 2 members of those groups have the same problem with this fight.

Probably would be helpful if you post your setup. This is a rendering issue and doesn't happen to everyone all the time, so the more info the better. Used to happen on my old setup during TC with the adds not showing until the second phase, and some people have had one of the Masters disappear into the floor on DP Council.

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 03/10/2014 09:58:55

[Display]

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)

DirectX version: 11.0

GPU processor: GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Driver version: 334.89

Direct3D API version: 11

Direct3D feature level: 11_0

CUDA Cores: 1344

Core clock: 915 MHz

Memory data rate: 6008 MHz

Memory interface: 192-bit

Memory bandwidth: 144.19 GB/s

Total available graphics memory: 4096 MB

Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB GDDR5

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 2048 MB

Video BIOS version: 80.04.4B.00.07

IRQ: 23

Bus: PCI Express x16

Device Id: 10DE 1183 100010DE

Part Number: 2004 0001

[Components]

NvGFTrayPluginr.dll 11.10.13.1 NVIDIA GeForce Experience

NvGFTrayPlugin.dll 11.10.13.1 NVIDIA GeForce Experience

nvui.dll 8.17.13.3489 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdsync.exe 8.17.13.3489 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.13.3489 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdbat.dll 8.17.13.3489 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdapix.dll 8.17.13.3489 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

NVCPL.DLL 8.17.13.3489 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvCplUI.exe 7.6.730.0 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvWSS.dll 6.14.13.3489 NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvViTvS.dll 6.14.13.3489 NVIDIA Video Server

NVSTVIEW.EXE 7.17.13.3489 NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer

NVSTTEST.EXE 7.17.13.3489 NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application

NVSTRES.DLL 7.17.13.3489 NVIDIA 3D Vision Module

NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.17.13.3489 NVIDIA Media Center Library

nvDispS.dll 6.14.13.3489 NVIDIA Display Server

PhysX 09.13.1220 NVIDIA PhysX

NVCUDA.DLL 8.17.13.3489 NVIDIA CUDA 6.0.1 driver

nvGameS.dll 6.14.13.3489 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

• 2 weeks later...

Bioware enough...really. We literally cannot beat this fight on HM because of bugs. Every time we get a good attempt, monster vanishes, boss vanishes, puddles don't spawn in. Tonight...300k left on her...boss disappears. Tanks can't swap. Dead.

Stop diddling around making cartel stuff and FIX THE GAME!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bioware enough...really. We literally cannot beat this fight on HM because of bugs. Every time we get a good attempt, monster vanishes, boss vanishes, puddles don't spawn in. Tonight...300k left on her...boss disappears. Tanks can't swap. Dead.

Stop diddling around making cartel stuff and FIX THE GAME!

^This

• 3 months later...
Guild is having the same issue. 1 or 2 members can't see the adds and most always one of the tanks are involved which means wipe. We might stop doing HM DPs just because of this issue as it is quite annoying. Please fix.

If a player cannot see an add when they spawn, it's an issue on their end, not the games.