Get rid of Cyborgs!

Telos

This.

I'm quite happy with mine too, thank you very much.

*sigh* stop being so limited... nothing will change for ye, we're talking about every species able to sport cybernetic appearance-tech.- you'll still be able look the way ye want.

*sigh* stop being so limited... nothing will change for ye, we're talking about every species able to sport cybernetic appearance-tech.- you'll still be able look the way ye want.

I don't have a problem with them adding cyborg implants, so that all races can have them. I would also like tattoos for my cyborgs.

What I have a problem, is someone saying, 'get rid of cyborgs' because I have quite a few, and I rather enjoy them. I'm all for letting people have more choices, but don't take away my things. :(

I don't have a problem with them adding cyborg implants, so that all races can have them. I would also like tattoos for my cyborgs.

What I have a problem, is someone saying, 'get rid of cyborgs' because I have quite a few, and I rather enjoy them. I'm all for letting people have more choices, but don't take away my things. :(

Agreed. I to don't have a problem with implants being added to all races. But, I please don't day they need to be taken away just because you have an issue with the setup. Don't touch my characters that are cyborgs.

For the record...

Cyborg is short for Cybernetic Organism.. It is both machine and organic..

Terminator would qualify as the skin on Terminator was alive.. Data however would not qualify..

Cyborgs, if I am not mistaken are the only race that has a useful racial.. On that reason alone, cyborgs should remain in the game.. :D

The reason cyborgs are a seperate race is that, at times, you will have a race specific thing to say and the cyborg variant is always different than the human one. Some companions will even remark that you are a cybrog and not a human (Blizz makes a comment if you have him with you on Voss during one of the gundark killing missions for example, something along the lines of "Boss, that thing is more machine than you are!"). This is the reason that cyborg is a race and not just a cosmetic option, it has to do with quest flags and companion flags which NO appearance item has an effect on...for example if you make your male trooper body type 1, a type 3 still calls you a "big guy" and actually means it.

I have to agree with this in part, some of the cybernetic implants are so minimal that there is barely any difference between a Human and a Cyborg. A single ear piece? Really? All characters eventually equip an earpiece, do they all suddenly become Cyborgs?

Two things should happen.

1) Give all races the option to have cybernetic implants.

2) Either make Cyborgs more extensive, I.e 40-80% machine. Having to equip a mix of droid parts and armour. Or, remake the Cyborg "race" into a playable Droid character.

I have to agree with this in part, some of the cybernetic implants are so minimal that there is barely any difference between a Human and a Cyborg. A single ear piece? Really? All characters eventually equip an earpiece, do they all suddenly become Cyborgs?

Two things should happen.

1) Give all races the option to have cybernetic implants.

2) Either make Cyborgs more extensive, I.e 40-80% machine. Having to equip a mix of droid parts and armour. Or, remake the Cyborg "race" into a playable Droid character.

That would be Awesome! I tried modding KOTOR to do the exact same thing, but it was way beyond my abilities. I've written many a fan fiction involving a cyborg Jedi with many implants and prostetics.

If Bioware were to do this, though, it could over power and then prolly Nerf the Cyborg across all character classes.

I've agreed with this since the start. BW could have given us another popular SWs race in place of the cyborg. The cybernetics could have just been a customization option at the start. That being said... will BW do it? Unlikely. But hopefully they will add more species down the road.

On a side note... the fact that Chiss are in the game irks me as well. But I wont /fbrage on them here.

This is obviously a thread created just because the OP doesn't like a particular race.

No one is forcing you to play it, so don't there is no reason to take them out.

Thank you for your opinion, however wrong you are.

The fact is that in the Star Wars universe, cybernetics were commonly utilized by most sentient races. It would not alter gameplay in any way if all the playable races had access to purely cosmetic feature like cybernetics.

just because you dont see alot on the surface doesnt mean they arent more underneath.

i will say they should have had it more on surface like legs and arms half a face.

or like general grevies(sp)

Edited by Mounds

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.