The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove Flight Time on Single Target Taunt

Justcae

Vanguard taunts are a whole different ballpark when it comes to tanking. Our taunts both have flight times, and our AoE taunt is designed completely differently. Which is part of the reason why I'm addressing this thread specifically to the single target taunt.

I can understand the flight time on our AoE taunt. It functions differently than the Shadow/Guard AoE taunt. It has a smaller radius of effect, but it has a 30 meter range, rather than being a 15m radius around. There are going to be situations where one type or the other pull ahead in effectiveness.

There is no reason why Vanguards need to be at a disadvantage when it comes to the single target taunt though. It makes us require faster responses than our two counterpart tanks, makes tank swapping a pain in a lot of circumstances, and makes aggro pick up after a threat drop delayed as well.

If you have a Vanguard vs either of the two other tanky archetypes, the Vanguards taunts are going to appear sluggish and slower regardless of the actual reaction time of that Vanguard.

There is simply no reason for this to not be made standard.

TLDR; Make Vanguard single target taunt instant like the other two tanks. There's no good reason not to. Stop it.

I've always said this to some of the other vanguard tanks in my guild, where it always seemed like there was a delay in taunt time because of the animations and they've always told me they didn't think so.

Nice to know other people experience it.

Yeah SWTOR has skills that have flight times where they effect is delayed until the animation acts upon the target.

Both Vanguard taunts function this way.

The single target taunt should be changed to not have the travel time. It's stupid.

/signed and I'm still fairly new to Vanguard tanking (don't even have the aoe taunt yet to ***** about hehe)

But yes, after leveling the 'other' two tanks multiple times, I was rather disappointed the first time I used this taunt. Not only was the travel time a bit of a shocker, the whole "here is a giant stream of some kind of energy substance shooting out of my gun across the map alerting anyone and everyone" bothered me as well.

I wouldn't mind if they redesign the delivery of the taunt all together. I'd prefer something more subtle rather than using the weapon to deliver it. So something I think that would fit a Vanguard (and PT) should be like a one armed muscle flex or something of that nature. "Right here, come at me bro"

Also, kinda off topic but still...I find harpoon to have an extraordinary amount of 'flight time' as well. Shadows and sins are instant. You hit pull and the enemy is instantly 'wrapped'. With the harpoon it feels like a wasted second of travel time for the harpoon to just reach the target on top of the standard second and a half for the animation to pull him back.

yeah harpoon has a flight time as well.

Though I don't understand why the single taunt has a flight time since it's a laser thing that shoots it should be instant.

Though about the harpoon flight time I find it sometimes useful because i can hit harpoon and position myself while the animation is going.

for the love of god please remove the flight time on the single target taunt, to this day i still have nightmares about EC NiM keph and his gift of the masters due to this flight time. flight time is fine for harpoon but it's been a bane to your existance for to long with our taunt and needs to be changed ( speed up the animation ).

• 2 months later...
BW would have to redesign the Vanguard's mirror class' (Powertech) single target taunt ability to achieve this. I don't play a Vanguard but per one of the posts above, the VG taunt is some kind of laser. The mirror ability for PTs is Neural Dart, for which a flight time makes sense.

BW would have to redesign the Vanguard's mirror class' (Powertech) single target taunt ability to achieve this. I don't play a Vanguard but per one of the posts above, the VG taunt is some kind of laser. The mirror ability for PTs is Neural Dart, for which a flight time makes sense.

Both taunts are actually a Dart type attack, they even have a similar animation. both are fired from a wrist launcher.

• 2 months later...