Swtor 2?

BrianAC

THATS awesome. If that is true, i'm TOTALLY playing that. Id love to see my Legacy change and evolve a couple of generations.

EDIT: This makes perfect sense to me.

Read the article a little bit more, and it could make sense how Republic people get Imperial accents.

Edited by Trooperclay
cause

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a troll post I remember this was mentioned a while back, SOE are making a new game which promises to be in-depth like SWG was. I remember there being a screenshot of a Barn for some reason and people were speculating it could be some kind of zombie mmo. Not SWG2 but by the same people.

• 2 weeks later...
I am curious about this. It could be true or it might not be, either way its pretty convincing. I would not be surprised if a SWTOR 2 comes out some time. Several MMOs have done that in the past and this could be a way for EA, Bioware, and Disney to include SWTOR in canon.

Why would they spend money developing a new game when they could just expand this one? To me that's the least likely speculation in the reddit post. Look at WoW. It looks incredibly primitive at this point and that doesn't matter a bit in terms of popularity. Also, moving to an engine like that would drive people on lower end computers away from the game. While there were things in that post that might come to pass because they were relatively logical, I really don't think that's one of them.

• 3 weeks later...
Expanding on this game won't cut it, their only option would be to add to the story line of each class and if they were going to create an extra story line to each class they may as well just make a new game and add a whole bunch of improvements to it such as a more powerful engine....

• 5 months later...
They just need to create a new MMO around the new movies. Better engine and more sandboxy. Open space combat would be nice too.

Problem is Sandbox mmos have a history of not doing well with a few exceptions. Most Star Wars fans would be in the "Casual" market. Wanting to play a game to get their inner geek on.

Problem is Sandbox mmos have a history of not doing well with a few exceptions. Most Star Wars fans would be in the "Casual" market. Wanting to play a game to get their inner geek on.

Pretty much this. Most people who do play mmo s are casual players. When the game becomes overly complicated because it wants to cater to the small but extremely vocal minority or hardcore gamers is when most people get frustrated and leave. This limits the funds of the game and then the developers aren't able to provide the content and then the hardcore gamers eventually lose interest and then no more game. It's a vicious cycle. So ironic that the hardcore gamers kill the game they obsess over.

I definitely hope to see a sequel to SWTOR eventually, with the way BioWare does things it wouldn't surprise me, but it probably also requires some level of cooperation with Disney so I won't hold out much hope until somebody at BioWare or EA says something about it. Also, I think it's a little too soon for a sequel to already be in full development, if it's even on the discussion table at all yet.

The big information "leak" on Reddit about this sounds like well thought out wishful thinking especially since nobody has officially confirmed anything about it at all, and there are no "major announcements" we've been told to look forward to.

In the end, I really hope it happens and that BioWare is the one who does it. I can't really imagine a Star Wars MMO without all the standard BioWare tropes (story, decision making, etc).

Edited by Jesira

Actually according to lore the emperor has lived since the first Jedi civil war because he consumed an entire planets force energy

yeah, but none of our player characters are that powerful.

Also, that reddit post is fake, some things (like the consular's option to destroy korriban) contradict canon.

yeah, but none of our player characters are that powerful.

Also, that reddit post is fake, some things (like the consular's option to destroy korriban) contradict canon.

Maybe that is why the place became all lifeless when Yoda visited it in TCW...and why they call it Moraband lol.

Already proven wrong with this expansion.

"At the end of the foundry Vitiate consumed revan. The two are one now."

Oh really?

For those that believe in the reddit post? I'll repeat this. The Reddit post was made before SOR. It's already proven wrong. Vitiate consumed Revan? No. He didn't. We know this to be false.