The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Female only items in Cartel packs

hogglet

This is so annoying! Not just that fact that there are gender only items meaning that I'm spending real money and not even getting something useful, but I think that the drop-rate or whatever on these items is far too high. In about 6 cartel packs every single one has had one of these magnificent or exquisite dancer items and sometimes two of them!

Sort this rubbish out please, it's seriously deterring me from buying any cartel coins.

This is so annoying! Not just that fact that there are gender only items meaning that I'm spending real money and not even getting something useful, but I think that the drop-rate or whatever on these items is far too high. In about 6 cartel packs every single one has had one of these magnificent or exquisite dancer items and sometimes two of them!

Sort this rubbish out please, it's seriously deterring me from buying any cartel coins.

You make a very valid point. I play a male character and when I spend my REAL money on cartel coins, as well as subscription, it really bugs me that I get an item that I can't use and is so damn common that it sells for less than standard junk!

Yeah, I'm starting to think that they should take the Dancer outfits out of the Cartel/Contraband/Bounty Packs - and instead just make bundles of the female-character only gear.

And just do non-gender specific adaptive outfits in the Cartel/Contraband/Bounty Packs from now on.

Well every player has female companions, so it's not like you are actually getting something you can't use.

What you mean is, you are getting something you don't want - and that's entirely different. Cartel packs are random; lots of times you'll get stuff you don't want/need.

But any player can use it (on themselves or comps), so if you buy the packs you need to know you might get things you don't like.

Well every player has female companions, so it's not like you are actually getting something you can't use.

What you mean is, you are getting something you don't want - and that's entirely different. Cartel packs are random; lots of times you'll get stuff you don't want/need.

But any player can use it (on themselves or comps), so if you buy the packs you need to know you might get things you don't like.

This is semantics, he has a valid point. The dancer ***** drop rate is way to high for crap people dont want or will ever buy. Give me one use jawagrams any day over the dancer crap. Not all of us want every female we have dressed in the least amount of clothes possible as we see real women without close - bazinga :)

The Poster is right, i've gotten the same useless crap time again. I never ever gotten 1 item i truly wanted, I never got the ravens mask no matter how many times i but that pack it was in, nor the Darth Nihlus (or how ever u spell it) mask no many how much i spent on that pack, i did end up buying that one thru GTN. Never got the Mounts i wanted, always got the lower end mounts, just not once or twice, three and four times. Not saying all the USELESS consumables that most level 55s cant use. The last few packs i've bought has been strictly to get a live mount out of those new packs, 2 of my toons have the TT live mounts from Hoth but the other 3 live mounts i've tried and failed getting those and at 20 bucks here and 20 buck there, it adds up to a lot of real money spent and a bunch of crap to show for it.

Why not just put all CM Items, put them up separately like in a supermarket and allow people to buy each item individually as they need or want it. That way people get what they pay for and there is no animosity about spending real money and NOT getting what one wants.

Simple HUH?

This is semantics, he has a valid point. The dancer ***** drop rate is way to high for crap people dont want or will ever buy. Give me one use jawagrams any day over the dancer crap. Not all of us want every female we have dressed in the least amount of clothes possible as we see real women without close - bazinga :)

Everyone does have female companions and not everything in the cartel packs is guaranteed to be something you can use on your main character.

My main character has no use for most of the weapons, yet I do not complain when I keep getting the same Blaster.

If you do not like how the cartel packs work do not buy them. It is really that simple.

+1

Male discrimination...(small scale ofc but still) either bring male only gear, set all gear usable by both genders or remove female only gear...(atleast from cartel packs)

i also assume this is demanded strongly in LGBT- threads here (T aint there for nothing? :) )

Climb to barricades we will, and burn boxers we shall! :csw_yoda:

Edited by Fazaani

I think we have enough of these bikini things personally. I get that the RP crowd probably uses them for whatever it is that they do but seriously we have plenty plus dyes.

I think it looks absolutely stupid to have a tank wearing underwear into a fight. I know they have to have some sort of cartel pack "fodder" but it should be something that at least everyone can use without restriction.

I don't want to use them either - which is my whole point. I don't want to use them on my female characters - but I don't necessarily want to use Series 505 armour either.

The packs are a gamble, some stuff you will like and want to use, but most stuff you will just sell.