Loramarr (Spoils to the Victor) contains an impenetrable exchaustion zone

Maylander

well same problem here too. i already reported this problem 6 days ago and was under the impression it would be fixed today.just to find out a few minutes ago they didn't fix it. geez how long do we have to wait till this damn quest is fixed.great job EA :mad:. if you wont fix it then atleast finish our quest so we can turn it in and we dont have to wait till you wanna fix this bug. a lot of us are paid customers ,but maybe you dont care that we pay to play this game. Edited by nicolletje

well same problem here too. i already reported this problem 6 days ago and was under the impression it would be fixed today.just to find out a few minutes ago they didn't fix it. geez how long do we have to wait till this damn quest is fixed.great job EA :mad:. if you wont fix it then atleast finish our quest so we can turn it in and we dont have to wait till you wanna fix this bug. a lot of us are paid customers ,but maybe you dont care that we pay to play this game.

they do care but it would be nice to have the bug fixed today or tomorrow so we can finnish it

I saw this issue in General chat yesterday. Is the problem with the completion of the entire quest or just a bonus quest?

I left Hoth after finishing my class quest but not too far ahead that I can't go back and at least finish a portion. Thanks!!

It prevents you from completing the quest. The bonus part is finished easily, especially after going back in to see if they fixed the bug.

I'm very disappointed that they didn't fix it with today's maintenance.

Edited by Akkando
Clarity

Can we get a hot fix until this is patched? This is annoying.

First, I got back in time--thought it was part of the quest and looked for a switch. Didn't find it, tried to run through--died, of course. Came here.

Two months ago it was the Thranta that couldn't land. Now this. I know these are small issues that will be fixed quickly, but I'm curious how they happen.

Actually, I have a hunch.

"Updated the Exhaustion Zone in certain places on Hoth and Tatooine to prevent players from accidentally leaving the game world. "

Evidently the interior locations aren't very segregated. This area was probably overlooked when this change was made. That's probably also why it's taking work to fix; perhaps exhaustion zones only work on the x/y axis and this map is within that area and needs to have the area modified by z-axis...

Edited by Japhasca

There was no patch this week. Bit hard for a non-existent patch to fix anything.

"New Feature Patch Notes

Highlight

New Feature! Players can now purchase Cartel Coins through the “Add Coins” interface within the in-game Cartel Market:

Players must enable this feature for their account before it can be accessed. For additional details, please refer to this News Article.

All major credit and debit cards are supported payment methods for in-game Cartel Coin purchases. PayPal and other payment methods are not supported at this time.

Subscribers receive a 50% discount on the first purchase made using the in-game feature. The offer does not apply to Cartel Coin purchases made using the website."

11/5/2013 (This week)

Edited by Japhasca
tidied up grammar and punctuation

**Please note that Cartel Market updates are dynamic. Changes listed in Patch Notes may take effect up to several days after the patch is made available.**

They've taken to saying this every time a patch includes both game changes and CM changes, because the CM is updated independently of the game. There is no download when CM content is changed.

I see I am not the only one having this issue. Hmm...

I expect that the chap who made the statement about the maps and exhaustion zones was correct... Still, why have exhaustion zones? Why not allow the player to wonder out and have exter villages or mountains for the player to climb up and watch the sunset? :D

Oh how bout having larger game worlds and letting us have houses on certain planets... Doesn't have to be EVERY planet, just the main ones like say Coruscant and Drumond Kaas?

And @Amber, can the fix PLEASE be included in your next patch? PRETTY PLEASE?

I expect that the chap who made the statement about the maps and exhaustion zones was correct... Still, why have exhaustion zones? Why not allow the player to wonder out and have exter villages or mountains for the player to climb up and watch the sunset? :D

Well the reason these changes were made on Tatooine is because there was a PVP exploit where you could run into the exhaustion zones on Tat, queue for PVP, exit warzone and run further, rinse, repeat and then Imps could get to Anchorhead and Pubs could get to Mos Ila. Both of which are supposed to be safe. That's what I heard anyway. Maybe a similar issue on Hoth that had to be prevented.

So yes, it might have caused this bug which was unintentional, but they do have a purpose behind exhaustion zones. If you want to run wild and free, I would suggest Elder Scrolls. You'll never find the edges of the maps :p

Edited by CrazyMcGee

As of 'Game Update 2.4.3' on 2013/11/12 the impenetrable exhaustion zone in this mission has been fixed.

See 'Missions and NPCs' > 'World Missions' > 'Hoth':

"Spoils to the Victor: This mission can now be completed, and Imperial players are no longer subject to death by exhaustion upon entering Lormarr Cave."

I've just returned to Hoth and completed this without any further problems.

There's more info about the mission on torhead.com.