Trooper Underworld Combat Tech and Combat Medic Gauntlets

Grayseven

The stats for the Underworld Combat Medic gauntlets are the exact same stats as the Combat Tech gaunlets, having the same crit and alacrity. As a Medic, I need Power and Surge and should have the choice of Power and Surge on the Combat Medic gauntlets or if I need Crit and Alacrity I can get it from the Combat Tech gauntlets.

Gearing is tough enough without having two sets of the same gear position with the exact same stats.

Edited by Grayseven

The stats for the Underworld Combat Medic gauntlets are the exact same stats as the Combat Tech gaunlets, having the same crit and alacrity. As a Medic, I need Power and Surge and should have the choice of Power and Surge on the Combat Medic gauntlets or if I need Crit and Alacrity I can get it from the Combat Tech gauntlets.

Gearing is tough enough without having two sets of the same gear position with the exact same stats.

This is not a bug - it is by design.

Crit and Alacrity are not correct stats for the Combat Tech's set either. In fact, no set offers min-maxed mods & enhancements. Getting a complete set of "correct stats" for any class requires lots of grinding and pulling mods & enhancements from other gear pieces to min-max.

Edited by DAMossimo

There should NOT be two gauntlets with the exact same stats. We have to be able to gear up for the harder content and having two items that I get with set bonuses that I can only get from winning a roll on a loot drop does NOT allow that.

One of the two sets NEEDS to have different bonuses. I have no options and options are what allow us to gear properly for harder content.

It makes absolutely ZERO sense to have multiply named sets with THE EXACT SAME STATS. None. Nada.

It can't possibly be by design that two difficult to get items of the exact same location from different sets has identical stats because that is just ignorant. At the very least, the stats should be different. They are not. If there isn't supposed to be different stats then one set needs to disappear completely instead of wasting space on the vendor.

Sorry, make that 3 because apparently the Eliminators set also has the exact same stats. This is beyond stupid. To get the proper stats I have to hope no one else needs, say, legs for their set bonus then I have to waste the armoring so that I can pull the mod and enhancement out and place them in my gauntlets because I simply do not need any more crit or alacrity in my set.

It isn't just stupid, it's flat out lazy poor design. Someone somewhere had to make a decision to just make three of the four hand slot Underworld items the same exact stats. It means that you can't possibly gear for harder content without screwing someone else over on a roll.