[Video] Fun With Lethality (Operative)

HexDecimalUK

Thought i'd finally give the lethality spec a good go since shooting people in the face is always fun, took me long enough to figure it out and still not sure if im doing it right as i couldn't find much in the way of pvp guides for it, though I think its working as intended. Open to any advice from long time users of this class-spec (inb4 uninstall i know i suck :p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcfccyJ8HVw&feature=youtu.be

Thought i'd finally give the lethality spec a good go since shooting people in the face is always fun, took me long enough to figure it out and still not sure if im doing it right as i couldn't find much in the way of pvp guides for it, though I think its working as intended. Open to any advice from long time users of this class-spec (inb4 uninstall i know i suck :p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcfccyJ8HVw&feature=youtu.be

I'd be curious on how this works out as well. You seem to be doing ok but the first couple I didn't see you open with shoot first (er operative equivalent). Not sure if you should or not as I always ran scrapper. Also not sure why you sleep darted prior to opening there.

EXIT: Or no, you flash banged at the opening. Why?

Edited by Technohic

I'd be curious on how this works out as well. You seem to be doing ok but the first couple I didn't see you open with shoot first (er operative equivalent). Not sure if you should or not as I always ran scrapper. Also not sure why you sleep darted prior to opening there.

Didn't he start casting his AoE, get some poisons with on him and use explosive probe before starting weakening blast and cull?

Didn't he start casting his AoE, get some poisons with on him and use explosive probe before starting weakening blast and cull?

That was at the node fight, right? I think he did that mid fight on that one. I was more concerned with opening with flash bang and building all that resolve to stack DOTs presumably.

Really i am curious myself. i'm not saying whether that is wrong or right as the OP is doing pretty well in the video as far as results.

Edited by Technohic

Good questions

Hidden strike often back fires for example i could get knocked back or they could throw up their defences dont forget only scrapper has the knock down effect on it otherwise its just another kinetic stab.

Opening with sleep and if broken flash bang allows me to stack up my dots and explosive probe as they don't break my own CC but in some cases like sents who have massive damage i may go strait for the flash that way if they don t break it their accuracy (vital to sents) is reduced for a while and i can still stun if i need to.

Edited by HexDecimalUK

Good questions

Hidden strike often back fires for example i could get knocked back or they could throw up their defences dont forget only scrapper has the knock down effect on it otherwise its just another kinetic stab.

Opening with sleep and if broken flash bang allows me to stack up my dots and explosive probe as they don't break my own CC but in some cases like sents who have massive damage i may go strait for the flash that way if they don t break it their accuracy (vital to sents) is reduced for a while and i can still stun if i need to.

I see. Does look to do pretty well on all targets. I have to try this stuff out.

Thanks for the vid. Perfect timing as I was contemplating DF on my scoundrel.

I see. Does look to do pretty well on all targets. I have to try this stuff out.

Thanks for the vid. Perfect timing as I was contemplating DF on my scoundrel.

TY and your quite welcome although the trick is singling out the right targets at the right moments, its an easy spec to trip over especially by your own team's collateral AOEs :cool:

TY and your quite welcome although the trick is singling out the right targets at the right moments, its an easy spec to trip over especially by your own team's collateral AOEs :cool:

Looks like the resolve alone could be an issue. Don't want to give the wrong target full resolve and if your team adds in there, or breaks your flashbang, I could see where it could be a problem

Looks like the resolve alone could be an issue. Don't want to give the wrong target full resolve and if your team adds in there, or breaks your flashbang, I could see where it could be a problem

usually if everyone's brawling it out around you just go strait for the poisons and stick with sever tendon and stun when you need to without resolving at all. but i see why your concerned and this, its what took me so long to work out how to do it because like you i didnt want add resolve too soon BUT in lethality you need to set up your target and your sleep and flash bang are all you have if you dont use them they need only break the stun and since your cull exploits your poisons you should already have those on them asap SO, flash banging afterwords wil break on any damage other than your poisons which dont tick on targets effected by your sleep effects. if that makes sense :s

The key is that your poisons dont break your flash bang (part of the spec) this allows you to stack everything up and cull does extra internal damage from each dot so mezzing and then flash banging if the mez is broken is a catch 22 set up that lets you apply your poison and probe and what-not. also flash bang reduces their damage for a while, once your target is poisoned flash bang becomes worthless as any direct damage will break it and they should already be poisoned so what are you going to do? when they are resolved you use sever tendon, extended evasion and your shield to tank and spank. and you also get a root break on counter measures and thats when you shiv and cull.

Edited by HexDecimalUK

usually if everyone's brawling it out around you just go strait for the poisons and stick with sever tendon and stun when you need to without resolving at all. but i see why your concerned and this, its what took me so long to work out how to do it because like you i didnt want add resolve too soon BUT in lethality you need to set up your target and your sleep and flash bang are all you have if you dont use them they need only break the stun and since your cull exploits your poisons you should already have those on them asap SO, flash banging afterwords wil break on any damage other than your poisons which dont tick on targets effected by your sleep effects. if that makes sense :s

The key is that your poisons dont break your flash bang (part of the spec) this allows you to stack everything up and cull does extra internal damage from each dot so mezzing and then flash banging if the mez is broken is a catch 22 set up that lets you apply your poison and probe and what-not. also flash bang reduces their damage for a while, once your target is poisoned flash bang becomes worthless as any direct damage will break it and they should already be poisoned so what are you going to do? when they are resolved you use sever tendon, extended evasion and your shield to tank and spank. and you also get a root break on counter measures and thats when you shiv and cull.

Yeah. I've used lethality/DF on my sniper and gunslinger most of the time, but it's a bit different of an approach. Mainly where you are relying on the mez to get your DOTs on and snares, I'm used to using range so I don't have to stay so close.

Do you mind posting the build you're using?

Yeah. I've used lethality/DF on my sniper and gunslinger most of the time, but it's a bit different of an approach. Mainly where you are relying on the mez to get your DOTs on and snares, I'm used to using range so I don't have to stay so close.

Do you mind posting the build you're using?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZhZhMrkrrRRrsuR.3