Customizable Weapon Appearance

Master_Rukie

I have an idea I think would improve the crafting experience for players. I think it would be cool to be able to actually mix and match deferent weapon components on customizable weapons, to actually change the weapon's appearance. For instance if I were to reverse engineer a lightsaber I'll have a 20% chance to also learn how to build the pommel cap, blade emitter, focusing cap, etc. of that lightsaber. Once I learn that, I can use a crafting table to remove an existing component from one lightsaber and add the one I just learned to it, enabling multiple components from various sabers in game to be applied to one saber. The same for blasters and other weapons in game. It would allow the players to create unique styles of weapons that they can show off and be proud to call their own.

This would be awesome, but it would require the devs to go through all the weapon models in the game and break them up into their individual components and, considering that they aren't even willing to add a couple of lines of code to all the chairs in the game to make them sittable, I can't see this happening :(

You are right, but they are going to have to address this crafting issue eventually, they may as well have a mini expansion for it like they did with the up and coming space combat system. they should be able to do it in a year or so. It would be a great end game activity.