The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Vader vs Darth Nox

BacaWicket

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait so does that make Beni the troll King?Also a troll really can't call another a person a troll just because they proved you wrong.

Where was I proven wrong? Link please :).

Also, I've yet to discover what makes me a troll other than the one post from over a year ago :cool:? I understand if that's the best you've got, I would expect no more.

I think the issue is, when you can't win an argument your "go to" reaction is "oh must be a troll". Tell me I'm wrong ;).

Also, I've yet to discover what makes me a troll other than the one post from over a year ago :cool:? I understand if that's the best you've got, I would expect no more.

I think the issue is, when you can't win an argument your "go to" reaction is "oh must be a troll". Tell me I'm wrong ;).

Their no need to link where you were proven wrong just read through the thread and you will see how multiple posters have proven you wrong and your argument have been countered.

Well you did go to another thread that beniboy created someone you disagreed with in this thread and posted in there with a statement trying to get a response from him.That could be considered trolling.

Your completely right that is the issue am glad you understand so can you please stop calling people trolls who have proven you wrong and just secede the argument.

Anyone who have read any of the EU involving Vader knows that he is NOX superior in everything but Force Lightening and that's because his suit won't allow it.

So until you can bring in some type of evidence that show Nox can defeat Vader or even near Vader level.As it is now I doubt Nox could defeat Jerec or Kyle Katarn let alone Vader.

Edited by Jarons

So until you can bring in some type of evidence that show Nox can defeat Vader or even near Vader level.As it is now I doubt Nox could defeat Jerec or Kyle Katarn let alone Vader.

To be fair... Neither of them are push overs... That, and Jerec's signature move is basically the perfect counter to regenerators such as Gen'Dai, or those who come back to life. Good luck with that if your body gets disintegrated... :d_wink: Nor has Nox shown pro dodging skills. :p

Heck, Katarn would DESTROY Nox for many reasons... But don't think that it belongs here at this time, since this is Vader vs Nox, not Nox vs whoever we can think of. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That said, there are multiple people from the era that Nox could defeat. Such as:

Savage

Ventress

Qui-gon

The fact of the matter is though, that Darth Nox, while I love him to death and is my main... Doesn't stand a chance against the Top Tier force users. Heck, Revan took them *in theory* with several others to defeat. We all know Revan < Top Tier. Yes, that is controversial, but besides Revan's tricks and tactics, he would lose against other top tier opponents in sheer power/ability. Mace Windu, Darth Vader, Starkiller, Vitiate, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sidious, Yoda, Luke, Kyp Durron, and ect ect would all wipe the floor with him.

That said, not really in the mood for an actual debate, so feel free to bring it up, but I have other things to do today...

That's not how debate works. If you make a claim it's not up to others to prove your claim false. It's up to the claimant to prove their claim true. If you tell a scientist that there's invisible pink elephants in your garden it's not their job to come to your house to see if there's invisible pink elephants. It would be your job to provide enough evidence for them to consider your claim to be worth merit. You made the claim that Nox > Vader. It's your job to provide evidence for this being the case.

If you can't be bothered to do so don't be surprised that no one will take you seriously. This is how debate works. If you make a claim but refuse to back it up your opponent has a right to consider that a concession.

Edited by Rhyltran

Nox has 0 chance against Anakin...you really do spout some crap I have to say, well done.

I'll give you that nox wouldn't beat mace, yoda or even prime shaak ti, the rest of them however...

It's Nox .vs. Vader not Anakin. Anakin didn't have that lighting weakness, it's that suit that made Vader icon is IMHO(and one of the greatest VA's of ALL TIME,) Anakin after he went DS or as I like to call him Emo Anny was easily manipulated to the point he chopped off a senior council member's hand, ofc I mean Mace.

Now to the Colour Brigade, while I like to read quite a bit of what you guys/perhaps gals post since you've more knowledge than myself when it comes to SW, c'mon when terms like TOR Fanboyism get tossed around(again just IMO,) it detracts from a perhaps valid argument. Idk if zoltan is a brigade member now, used to agree with him/her in other forum sections and was no color font iirc.

But this thread has just not been up to standards in this section again IMO, doesn't matter who started it it just went downhill with personal beefs I seem to be unaware of. Later when my phone isn't acting up I'll post a few vids to perhaps lighten the mood, thread got too heated those vids will be my last post. Good day to you all:)

Edited by MASOLIZ

It's Nox .vs. Vader not Anakin. Anakin didn't have that lighting weakness, it's that suit that made Vader icon is IMHO(and one of the greatest VA's of ALL TIME,) Anakin after he went DS or as I like to call him Emo Anny was easily manipulated to the point he chopped off a senior council member's hand, ofc I mean Mace.

Now to the Colour Brigade, while I like to read quite a bit of what you guys/perhaps gals post since you've more knowledge than myself when it comes to SW, c'mon when terms like TOR Fanboyism get tossed around(again just IMO,) it detracts from a perhaps valid argument. Idk if zoltan is a brigade member now, used to agree with him/her in other forum sections and was no color font iirc.

But this thread has just not been up to standards in this section again IMO, doesn't matter who started it it just went downhill with personal beefs I seem to be unaware of. Later when my phone isn't acting up I'll post a few vids to perhaps lighten the mood, thread got too heated those vids will be my last post. Good day to you all:)

Vader having a lightning weakness was a pure myth. Vader died because Sidious shorted out his suit and he didn't care to use the force to sustain himself but Sidious shorting out his suit isn't a sign of a flaw in Vader's suit. Vader built his suit when he planned to face off against Marek to enable it to resist force lightning and it handled quite a bit of force lightning from him. Sidious lightning was strong enough to turn people into ashes. His suit shorted out but most force user's turned to ash instead. That was a Sidious feat not a Vader weakness.

Personally I'm somewhere in the middle. I think many people who talk about how weak nox is underrate him severely while many Nox supporters overrate him. I don't think he's low on the totem pole versus the other Dark Council members and I don't think he would be completely stomped by Vader or Bane either. On the other hand I don't think he stomps Vader either.

Edited by Rhyltran

Also Any time the sidious Lightning = all lightning weakness comes up several factors need to be taken into consideration, which few people take.

1. Its Sidious, said multiple times to be the most powerful Sith of all time, and the culmination of the rule of 2. His lightning is kind of higher then any one elses.

2. Vader was already dead beat tired after having the stuffing beaten out of him by Luke, He was missing a hand, and that means exposed wiring, not the normal circumstances for his suit to be in. Heck his Suit was temporarily OVERWHELMED by the boys power (see his labored breathing, and his metallic legs giving out underneath him to Luke's onslaught), that's unheard of. Unfortunately I have a feeling this second one is going to be used against Vader for some reason, with people not realizing just how much power Luke was Channeling while in that rage.

Edit: to the above, I agree its not a stomp one way or the other, but I do believe Vader is just that 1 step ahead of Nox. Its not a large step, but its there.

Edited by tunewalker

Shouldn't we wait till Nox's story is actually done to compare power level? After all Nox is still getting more powerful. There is plenty more that could happen. Nox could bind more ghosts or who knows what. Let alone the increasing level cap. Just a thought. Edited by divinecynic

Shouldn't we wait till Nox's story is actually done to compare power level? After all Nox is still getting more powerful. There is plenty more that could happen. Nox could bind more ghosts or who knows what. Let alone the increasing level cap. Just a thought.

If you are refering to the Outlander.... that isnt neccisarily Darth Nox....

That's not how debate works. If you make a claim it's not up to others to prove your claim false. It's up to the claimant to prove their claim true. If you tell a scientist that there's invisible pink elephants in your garden it's not their job to come to your house to see if there's invisible pink elephants. It would be your job to provide enough evidence for them to consider your claim to be worth merit. You made the claim that Nox > Vader. It's your job to provide evidence for this being the case.

If you can't be bothered to do so don't be surprised that no one will take you seriously. This is how debate works. If you make a claim but refuse to back it up your opponent has a right to consider that a concession.

Considering that at no point was I proven wrong there is no need for me yet to justify myself. Someone saying "omg go read the Eu vader is better" is not a valid statement in an arguement/debate you need a little more than that I'm afraid. I've already made my case I've yet to see anything worth considering the only response we've seen is "you know nothing go read the eu".

Although with the EU not being canon then it's also not entirely relevant. All that stuff was wiped from the face of star wars completely.

And while tor isn't canon they at least acknowledge it's existence as a seperate universe, which is far more than you can say about the EU books you are referring to.

Edited by RTCBrad

Considering that at no point was I proven wrong there is no need for me yet to justify myself. Someone saying "omg go read the Eu vader is better" is not a valid statement in an arguement/debate you need a little more than that I'm afraid. I've already made my case I've yet to see anything worth considering the only response we've seen is "you know nothing go read the eu".

Although with the EU not being canon then it's also not entirely relevant. All that stuff was wiped from the face of star wars completely.

And while tor isn't canon they at least acknowledge it's existence as a seperate universe, which is far more than you can say about the EU books you are referring to.

You clearly didn't read my post. No one needs to prove you wrong. You made the claim. You need to prove said claim or provide evidence for said claim. You need to initiate the debate by providing evidence. You didn't do so. You made a claim, didn't provide any evidence for said claim, and therefore you can't expect anyone to take your claim seriously. This is how debate works. This is how the scientific method works.

Also Tor wasn't acknowledged as a separate universe. Tor is just as legends as everything else.

Re-read my pink elephant analogy. If I claim there's invisible elephants in my garden it's not your job to come here and prove it wrong. You're not the one that needs to come forward with evidence in order to show that my claim is absurd or wrong. It is a perfectly valid response for you to tell me "Show me proof." or even "Yeah, whatever I don't care." I can't make the claim "You can't prove me wrong so you're admitting that I'm right. You can't disprove my theory so there is Pink Elephants." No, if I don't put forward the evidence no one is going to take my claim seriously.

Edited by Rhyltran

You clearly didn't read my post. No one needs to prove you wrong. You made the claim. You need to prove said claim or provide evidence for said claim. You need to initiate the debate by providing evidence. You didn't do so. You made a claim, didn't provide any evidence for said claim, and therefore you can't expect anyone to take your claim seriously. This is how debate works. This is how the scientific method works.

Also Tor wasn't acknowledged as a separate universe. Tor is just as legends as everything else.

Re-read my pink elephant analogy. If I claim there's invisible elephants in my garden it's not your job to come here and prove it wrong. You're not the one that needs to come forward with evidence in order to show that my claim is absurd or wrong. It is a perfectly valid response for you to tell me "Show me proof." or even "Yeah, whatever I don't care." I can't make the claim "You can't prove me wrong so you're admitting that I'm right. You can't disprove my theory so there is Pink Elephants." No, if I don't put forward the evidence no one is going to take my claim seriously.

I would like to point that none of the above makes you look intelligent as was clearly your intention. It just makes you look like the colour brigade, that's not a good thing.

I gave my reasons why I believe Nox would defeat Vader, if you cannot be bothered to read them that really isn't a problem I can fix for you.

Q: Are The Old Republic expansions canon?

A: No — BioWare “has created their own universe that is so fantastic,” we’re not going to change it, says Hidalgo.

I would like to point that none of the above makes you look intelligent as was clearly your intention. It just makes you look like the colour brigade, that's not a good thing.

I gave my reasons why I believe Nox would defeat Vader, if you cannot be bothered to read them that really isn't a problem I can fix for you.

A: No — BioWare “has created their own universe that is so fantastic,” we’re not going to change it, says Hidalgo.

Funny thing the Q and A thing right there, is basically what the poster you responded to said. They are Legends, IE Not Canon. IE a seperate universe from Disney Continuity AKA not canon. Which means that yes it falls under legends as everything that is legends is considered part of a "seperate universe"

I didn't see your argument originally. I saw you make the claim you don't need to argue because it was obvious. Going through your posts the closest to an argument I can find is this..

Also notice there answer. "Is it canon" 'No.' The own universe in this comment doesn't give it some level of canon. It's not like Marvel's multiverse. You can create your own inuyasha universe and the creator of the show could like it. Even acknowledge it as your universe (which by definition it would be) but that doesn't make it canon. He didn't say it was it's own canon his answer to the question was a "No."

Which is a shame because I find TOR era more interesting than the movie era but to each their own.

Let's see he was a half trained Jedi with extremely limited knowledge of the force. He then fell to the darkside and had all of his limbs chopped off and almost burnt to death. This of course severely weakened his connection to the force.

Then you have Nox a dark lord of the sith who was fully trained and has very deep understanding of the force. He can summon lightning storms, perform DS rituals, has the power of several other Sith lords to call on. Is very adept at healing injuries with the force...the list goes on and on. He is also highly trained in double bladed saber.

Though really the key point is the force storms and Nox's extensive use of force lightning including charging his saber with it Vader could not handle Nox's lightning based assault.

In the bolded part of your post you make Vader out to be a weakling. While he wasn't as powerful as he could have been it doesn't change the fact that Vader did become very powerful. He has accomplished some really impressive feats and his raw power is extremely impressive. Not to mention he has since then become a rather accomplished duelist and has displayed some impressive speed despite the cumbersome armor he's been put into.

While Vader isn't the most powerful Sith Lord in history he wasn't some weakling either. Most since, even in SWTOR, don't display the kind of power he has put forth.

In a fit of rage destroys large chunks of a building

http://imgur.com/C1RTcjG

Takes on multiple jedi as seen here

http://imgur.com/a/b0Vl7

Blows multiple large animals out of the way

http://imgur.com/1hPQe78

Here's some text about how quickly he can react

http://imgur.com/Q9Sol9P

Moves quick enough that a guy shoots his partner instead and a moment later vader is behind him

http://imgur.com/owdL7ws

Vader crushing an AT-AT

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150215075014/starwars/images/7/7b/Vader_no_at-at.PNG

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111155790/4380317-0082750926-43734.jpg

Here he casually throws a tree

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111155790/3914929-9082178269-33627.jpg

Disney Canon hasn't even changed Vader's "power level" either. In rebels two AT-AT fall on top of him and he uses one hand to lift them BOTH off of himself before dropping them behind him. So in rebels he lifts two of them at the same time.. one handed. It gets even scarier when you realize that Rebels takesp lace before a New Hope and he reaches his prime by return of the Jedi. So he still wasn't at his strongest during this event.

Edited by Rhyltran

Well, I was going to make a response to that argument, but Rhyltran covered it.

I will say, however, that this:

Then you have Nox a dark lord of the sith who was fully trained and has very deep understanding of the force. He can summon lightning storms, perform DS rituals, has the power of several other Sith lords to call on. Is very adept at healing injuries with the force...the list goes on and on. He is also highly trained in double bladed saber.

is not really a good way to support your position. It's not really persuasive when all you do is list random feats for a character (without evidence supporting it, btw) without actually showing why that makes them more powerful than another character. A good way to do that would be a comparison, honestly. Your argument isn't really persuasive unless you show why Nox is superior and support your position with evidence.

So, if you want a spirited debate, get to it.

If you are refering to the Outlander.... that isnt neccisarily Darth Nox....

However it could be. Also class specific story could be coming back down the road. Plus there is the fallout from the Sith Inquisitor side mission on Rishi. Sure you can have a spirited debate but you also have to start defining which "Nox" we are talking about even now. This is the problem with debating the power of a character who's story may not be finished.