Sustained Deception DPS

Diefexor

Mmmhmmm. Because this game is totally, only meant for elitist bad azz mo-fo's, and in no way meant for casual players of any sort. Naw, naw. Make it impossible for casual people to play, that's the perfect business plan! Reduce profits to a few hard core people!

The point of it is to give you some incentive to get better at it.

And when you start to actually understand things, you can be a great player.

Honestly with the very little complication that this game has, I don't think that is much to ask for.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmhmmm. Because this game is totally, only meant for elitist bad azz mo-fo's, and in no way meant for casual players of any sort. Naw, naw. Make it impossible for casual people to play, that's the perfect business plan! Reduce profits to a few hard core people!

Well, there are always Smashers. With the tweaking of numbers instead of skill you may prevail in pvp.

Edited by Aetideus

That's the thing, I don't want "average" players to be over averagely successful.

This class being trouble for most people to handle is a very good thing from my point of view.

Yes. This is hard class to play for some people, but when we are talking about sustained dps in PVE encounter your arena screenshots don't mean anything.

And you pve people are expecting what, deception to give out the same type of sustained damage that a marauder can do? Which will come at the cost of our burst, making pvping as an assasin, terrible.

No thanks, leave deception as the burst spec, take madness for sustained.

I think the general idea is that as a DPS spec all classes should be on about the same level as far as overall DPS. Leaving the decision with what damage class to play more an aesthetic, personal preference thing. But right now, deception assassins are at the bottom of the totem poll in PvE damage. It's like pulling teeth to get my raid group to take me on runs because we just can't put up the number on long boss fights that MRD or SNP can.

I came back to the game a few months ago and geared up my Infiltration Shadow for PvE raiding. I did pretty well but lackluster damage caused me to reroll a Sentinel and from utility to cooldowns to damage potential they are just overall much better in PvE raids. I don't want to be a liability for my team.

It bums me out to say I wish it weren't the case because I most certainly would have preferred (and would still prefer) to play the Shadow but I'm not going to play Balance and watch DoTs when I can do that better as a Sentinel too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.