Sustained Deception DPS

Diefexor

no, obv. It's RIGHT that mara and snipers does more dps.

You can do the same dps as mara's and snipers. But not in deception. Since that would just hurt PvP.

There's nothing wrong about having to play madness.. It's not like we have much of a choice either.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if they worked an additional effect into Surging Charge? like a force cost reduction to all abilities while it's active? say 20-30% or whatever or work the force regen from Blood of the Sith in Darkness into surging charge. That would solve a lot of problems, wouldn't it?

What if they worked an additional effect into Surging Charge? like a force cost reduction to all abilities while it's active? say 20-30% or whatever or work the force regen from Blood of the Sith in Darkness into surging charge. That would solve a lot of problems, wouldn't it?

Yes, and would once again, make us ridiculously overpowered in PvP.

no, obv. It's RIGHT that mara and snipers does more dps.

Which maras? 3specs playing differently. Rage is burst, mostly used in pvp, Anhilation is huge sustained, rarely ever used in pvp.

Give me a good reason sins shouldn't have their 2 dps like those? Deception, bursty, pvp, whilst madness gets the sustained but doesnt have close to the burst deception does.

Any noticable increase to deceptions sustained is just going to make the build hugely overpowered, doing damage like a sniper with the burst we can pull out would be completely gamechanging. It would work better if madness got the sustained, deception the burst. Madness is the build that needs work right now, deception is in a pretty good place.

You talk about continuous damage and I give you a 2 minute length game where I did 1420 DPS on my shadow.

Which is considered very high even for classes like marauders and powertechs..

My damage outside of the burst is far from bad and with only getting my cooldowns back ONCE I managed to do that kind of damage in a single game.

My burst is maybe 25k damage, twice. The other 90k damage didn't come out of thin air. Say my burst period is 6 seconds.. then I did 50k damage in 12 seconds and the other 90k over 88 seconds.

Fyi, 90k damage over 88 seconds is still over 1000 DPS. Without burst cooldowns.

If all that doesn't prove that Assassin/Shadow damage is fine in PvP then honestly I don't know what does.

dude,

1. you are one of the better assassins and you do 1,4k dps that's rly nice but you do hit 4-5 peoples with death field and that dmg is vs. scoundrel just a joke his cloud heals your death field + a random smash without get sweaty.

2. you do 1.4k dps i saw a smash monkey who did 2.5k dps and how to say 1.4k < 2.5k. A scoundrel heal 2k hps up to 2.8k hps if he is good and now tell me how is our dps good?

Assassins have their advantages in 1 on 1 or guarding nodes, but are not viable as dd special mostly pve player say hat dps of a sin is just too low

And you pve people are expecting what, deception to give out the same type of sustained damage that a marauder can do? Which will come at the cost of our burst, making pvping as an assasin, terrible.

No thanks, leave deception as the burst spec, take madness for sustained.

This is not the solution, i would never play madness its boring, i like deception i agree we are in a very good spot in PVP however in PVE its a whole different story you can get an incredible parse on a boss if everything crits and the start allign but if they dont and you get hammered byt the RNG gods then you are more or less draggin the group down. i still think our problem lies in the crit reliance which makes us very good for the burst however over a 7-9 min fight its to random.

We do need something to help our sustained, what ever i might be, thejollygreen had some good suggestions to fixing our procs and stacking those, i would prefer a minor dot from something like maul makes sense to me, however it should be cleansable so it wont affect pvp to much.

Oh and btw i play my marauder in PVE as Rage which is also quite good and still can maintain high sustain and now annihilation will be able to be played in PVP aswell with the longer annihilation stack and the new changes to dots so that will give marauders 3 specs to use in both PVE and PVP and you want us to settle for 1 spec for PVE and 1 for PVP in regards of dps, that just doesnt makes sense.

Edited by Griad

2. you do 1.4k dps i saw a smash monkey who did 2.5k dps and how to say 1.4k < 2.5k. A scoundrel heal 2k hps up to 2.8k hps if he is good and now tell me how is our dps good?

You will only see that kind of dps on a group that overly stacked and was severely lacking expertise.

I bet that fight didn't last very long did it?

You will only see that kind of dps on a group that overly stacked and was severely lacking expertise.

I bet that fight didn't last very long did it?

was voidstar, 4 premade Groups on tofn ... that's it.

Duration was 2x 6 min's + a bit.

btw, i had 1.4k dps with my pt tank hybrid :p and with my Smash monkey without gear. your 1.4k dps is rly good for an assassin but many other can do it better or equal. our Advantage of stealth is just a bubble in rbg, cause you know who your enemy is. it's just like the ability of sniper to detect stealth against gimp very nice, a good one go just around.

This.

There just is no fair middle road where deception can get more sustained damage without overpowering or making it completely useless in PvP.

Burst has to be taken away in turn, or things would become ridiculous. But that burst is all that the class is build around on the PvP side of things right now.

More burst is an evil too.

And I just beat it again, 1490dps over 222k~ damage... sadly the screenshot didn't register :/

But yeah this class really doesn't need anything on deception. Any form of change will pack out bad for PvP.

You can do the same dps as mara's and snipers. But not in deception. Since that would just hurt PvP.

There's nothing wrong about having to play madness.. It's not like we have much of a choice either.

You (and others) bash on PVErs for only looking out for themselves and not caring about PVP balance. And you do the exact same thing just for your PVP needs and disregard anything concerning PVE balance. So let me quote something for you:

Uh I'm sorry, but this thread is talking about both aspects. You need to calm down and get off your high horse.
Edited by cs_zoltan

guys who cares about voice's single screen? what's matter? nothing.

I don't care if BW buff or not infiltration, cause I don't really need, I'm fine with my guild and with my class, but if they want to do something, I'd like to see RIGHT fix/buff/balancing not random buff at dmg skills..(especially maul that doesn't need a buff, LOLWUT)

as someone said we "need" a bit more CONTROL of our crits/dps or a bit more sustained force management..we are so much dependent from grn.

an increase of 100/150dps it will fine imho.

You (and others) bash on PVErs for only looking out for themselves and not caring about PVP balance. And you do the exact same thing just for your PVP needs and disregard anything concerning PVE balance. So let me quote something for you:

Well.. the thing is, as I said.. there is no room for both PvP and PvE in Deception. It's not even that I don't care (even though I really do not) it's just that it is impossible.

I wish PvE all the love with Madness, really. But not with Deception.

To elaborate even further, I will drop this quote from another thread:

Why would they destroy a perfectly fine working spec just for it to work in PvE;

While there is another spec unused.. that would solve all the problems for PvE?

You're asking for all PvP players that play this class to just ****. I'm not doing that, I'm just saying you can't get Deception.

Edited by Evolixe

Well.. the thing is, as I said.. there is no room for both PvP and PvE in Deception. It's not even that I don't care (even though I really do not) it's just that it is impossible.

1. That must be the most selfish thing I've ever read

2. Madness is boring as hell, you can play it if you want

3. and if we look it that way: Why would they destroy a perfectly fine working spec just for it to work in PvP? No nerf for mara smash and no nerf for operative healer then. they are fine at PVE

4. So you are saying: " You're asking for all PvP players that play this class to just ****. I'm not doing that, I'm just saying you can't get Deception." But you ask the same from PVE-ers? Your arrogance knows no bounds

5. PVP balance is not above all

If you don't see the flaw of your "logic" yet then you must be living in a dream world

Edited by cs_zoltan

No.. you can have madness. Which isn't a working spec for PvP OR PvE.

Deception works great in PvP right now. Leave it alone.

I would switch to madness in a heartbeat if it would work. But it doesn't. And deception does.

PvP has a working spec.

PvE has nothing.

Don't touch PvP, since it's fine.

That leaves Madness for you.

There is nothing selfish about it, just logic. Apparently logic that goes beyond your comprehensible capabilities..

YOUR logic is beyond my comprehension, true. Because your logic is dumb, and I'm not. You are clearly stubborn, selfish, close minded and not someone who is open for reason so I'm finished with this "conversation". Feel free to defend your flawed point of view, it makes no difference...

Boohoo.. they are going to buff a class u play and u whine about it. I welcome small increase to maul and VS base damage for PVE and that's not going to ruin deception for PVP.

Whiners can whine as much as they like.

No.. you can have madness. Which isn't a working spec for PvP OR PvE.

Deception works great in PvP right now. Leave it alone.

I would switch to madness in a heartbeat if it would work. But it doesn't. And deception does.

PvP has a working spec.

PvE has nothing.

Don't touch PvP, since it's fine.

That leaves Madness for you.

There is nothing selfish about it, just logic. Apparently logic that goes beyond your comprehensible capabilities..

omg, how many bull***** are u saying?

gosh..please, stap

Boohoo.. they are going to buff a class u play and u whine about it. I welcome small increase to maul and VS base damage for PVE and that's not going to ruin deception for PVP.

Whiners can whine as much as they like.

But it DOES ruin deception for PvP.

It's about to make us ridiculously overpowered.. Maul should do less damage.. not more..

But yes, I'm not one of the people that will fiercely defend his class even though it's in a *********** ridiculous state.

Edited by Evolixe

But it DOES ruin deception for PvP.

It's about to make us ridiculously overpowered.. Maul should do less damage.. not more..

But yes, I'm not one of the people that will fiercely defend his class even though it's in a *********** ridiculous state.

LOOOOOOL. Who care about PvP? even in PvP not enough dmg, what I can say about PvE?

At PvE it much worth! Go away plz.

Too much.. compared to what. Other classes make much more dmg than assassins and can burst dmg as much too if player knows what to do.

Is that so? Last time I checked I could keep up with the damage any marauder I played with did.

It's you, not the class. But if it makes you feel better.. hardly anyone knows how to play this class in PvP.

Is that so? Last time I checked I could keep up with the damage any marauder I played with did.

It's you, not the class. But if it makes you feel better.. hardly anyone knows how to play this class in PvP.

You are just looking this from PVP point of view. There are still lots of ppl who likes to use deception in PVE too and small increase in 2 most important skills is good for sustained dps. And I doubt the increase will be that much it will break your precious PVP.

And btw i know well enough what to do with assa in PVP and PVE.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.