The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Makeb Endurance Datacron Nooooesss

Pupson

Well, that's the thing that tells those who have been playing jump & run games in their youth apart from those who haven't.

Bad that the jump & run genre has died out because people preferred to buy shooters & Action-RPGs instead.

Meaning that there is no training for jumping anymore.

You sure it really makes a difference? SWTOR is the first game I played that has the possibility of jumping (unless you count jumping of bumps in Pokémon Red) Youtube video's help tons! Only 10 more toons to go... :(

OP, I loved the vid :D

Edited by Gloomycakes

Well, that's the thing that tells those who have been playing jump & run games in their youth apart from those who haven't.

Bad that the jump & run genre has died out because people preferred to buy shooters & Action-RPGs instead.

Meaning that there is no training for jumping anymore.

All the more reason to fire up the good old Unreal Tournament. :D

hehe....

The fail jump at 0:26 happened to me the first time I did it. There seems to be a small irregularity on that rock (which you don't see) that makes you go slightly to the left, making you miss the pipe thing down there. You have to jump before you're close to the edge

You sure it really makes a difference? SWTOR is the first game I played that has the possibility of jumping (unless you count jumping of bumps in Pokémon Red)

Yes, it does. You learn delicate positioning, being quick with your keyboard, and to estimate where a jump will fall to. Direct line/vector estimations.

I've been playing a lot of them when I was young, and I believe that I'm not bad at it.

However, the "jump" animation in SWTOR is just crap to me. It really isn't a correct "jump" like you'd jump in RL from point A to point B - it is in fact an stationary one-pointjump into the air, which is then graphically moved by the program.

This makes it imho extremely difficult to estimate where the character will be landing, because the animation doesn't show any "jump vector" at all. The animation is nothing but an vertically lifted object, which is then vertically placed by the in-game graphic. Very bad programming, imho.

Which is completely unnatural and thus makes it difficult to estimate the point of landing.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

hehe....

The fail jump at 0:26 happened to me the first time I did it. There seems to be a small irregularity on that rock (which you don't see) that makes you go slightly to the left, making you miss the pipe thing down there. You have to jump before you're close to the edge

I died a little when that happened. Nothing worse than being able to see the datacron and falling on the last jump.