Why Carnage Maras with 0 crit.

laserbak

Why !!!!!!!!

It makes no sense.

I tested.

95% of carnage marauders i inspected had 18-20% crit.

Its just bad.

Your dps sucks without crit.

I tested a lot, i spent millions for testing.

When i get a pug mara with 18% crit, i insta kick. Sometimes i ask them to join mox and i pwn them easy, and im not even focusing on what im doing.

24% GUYS 24%

Laserbak out.

Please, tell me stats for Carnage PvP.

Because i want to hit hard, but I cant! 200-300k (650k is my max lol) per average warzone and 7145 my max crit. :(

My stats with Nano-Infused Might Stim, outside warzones:

Str 2653

End 2542

Exp 2018

Damage (pri) 1137-1349

Damage (sec) 279-419

Bonus melee damage: 714

Bonus force damage: 1147

Melee acc 97 (skill based only)

Melee crit 21.5

Melee crit mult 76!

:(

Edited by Glower

I'm a PvE guy, but since the carnage marauder has nothing but force scream to be crit 100%, you need more crit rating to increase your damage output.

Again, i know nothing about PvP, but i tested from 20% to 25% crit, at 0.5% steps, and i did at least 10x 5 mins fight on the operation ship dummy.... result: 24% is always the best.

Even with mixed 78/75/72 gear, i tried again to lower my crit... it was a loss of dps.

I dont care what people thinks, i play marauder perfectly and i know what im doing. 24% is the goal. Everything different from that, is crap.

Please link a 3300+ DPS parse (5mins on operations training dummy) and we can start talking about the advantages of having 24% critical chance.

You claim you "pwn" 0 critical rating marauders easily and vote kick them, yet you provide absolutely no proof.

World top marauders/sentinels have very low critical chance, if you think they are wrong please provide some shread of proof of your claims.

Edited by Qvasar

The sole reason to run crit over power right now is QoL of trees imo.

That means : unless your crit gives you ressources or procs, don't bother at all. If it does, VERY LOW ammount of it.

Ex. Annihilation mara has rage generation on melee crits. So that bit of in theory lower damage from crit rating gives you more rage, therefore an extra attack somewhere if you do it well.

Carnage as no such proc, and even more its high crit damage attack is an automatic critical hit. That makes power even more worth it to raise that number higher.

The sole reason to run crit over power right now is QoL of trees imo.

That means : unless your crit gives you ressources or procs, don't bother at all. If it does, VERY LOW ammount of it.

Ex. Annihilation mara has rage generation on melee crits. So that bit of in theory lower damage from crit rating gives you more rage, therefore an extra attack somewhere if you do it well.

Carnage as no such proc, and even more its high crit damage attack is an automatic critical hit. That makes power even more worth it to raise that number higher.

M-hmm, I concur.

To be frank, it's all about statistics and variation, or "luck" as its commonly called. Higher crit rates give you a higher chance to pull off a lucky parse with unusually high crit rate that gives you better DPS. This is not what you want for raids. You want reliable DPS and thus use your optimal distribution of stats which is close to 0 crit rating for carnage. Keep in mind that 20% of your attacks are auto-crit if played correctly. This diminishes the usefulness of crit for that spec. From the first point you put in crit and onward you diminish your average DPS. Be careful when trying to transfer your dummy parse insights to actual raids. Edited by atschai

There are many mathematical proof threads on why crit should be 0. You're saying that's stupid? You're the one that has to provide proof sir... You said you parsed 10 times, which is very little to go by, especially if you did so changing gear every time. You should've parsed at least 10 times per crit percentage. Even still, think we can see these epicly different parses? You know, so that you can actually prove your point and not sound like some noxxic fanboy

• 10 months later...

This OP dude is sounding more and more like an elitist, where his way is the only way and those type of players should be avoided and blocked on sight.

I mean, i know my way, is perfect....for me, it works for me, it doesn't mean its perfect and works for everyone else, i am not that arrogant to think my way is absolute and the only way to go, if you want to be a min-maxer, go ahead, but this is a game and should be fun, not another job....i mean, if it becomes to feel like a job, i would like Bioware to be paying me to do this job.

a 25% chance to crit isn't all that to be honest, i have had that chance to crit and its just a chance to crit and its funny that i have in the past, crit more often with 18% crit chance, then i have with a 25% crit chance, its like the RE'ing of items and the 20% chance to learn the next level of item, 20% doesn't mean within 5 REs you learn it or 25% chance to crit, doesn't mean within 4 attacks you WILL crit.

What the other people are saying, if the talents give you more damage bonus after a crit occurs and gives more resources on the event of a crit, then crit rating would be a good thing, but if there is no talent that gives it, why add any at all? I may be wrong on the 'AT ALL' part, but i would honestly prefer power over crit, especially if my talent spec doesn't benefit from crits giving me stuff.

This OP dude is sounding more and more like an elitist, where his way is the only way and those type of players should be avoided and blocked on sight.

I mean, i know my way, is perfect....for me, it works for me, it doesn't mean its perfect and works for everyone else, i am not that arrogant to think my way is absolute and the only way to go, if you want to be a min-maxer, go ahead, but this is a game and should be fun, not another job....i mean, if it becomes to feel like a job, i would like Bioware to be paying me to do this job.

a 25% chance to crit isn't all that to be honest, i have had that chance to crit and its just a chance to crit and its funny that i have in the past, crit more often with 18% crit chance, then i have with a 25% crit chance, its like the RE'ing of items and the 20% chance to learn the next level of item, 20% doesn't mean within 5 REs you learn it or 25% chance to crit, doesn't mean within 4 attacks you WILL crit.

What the other people are saying, if the talents give you more damage bonus after a crit occurs and gives more resources on the event of a crit, then crit rating would be a good thing, but if there is no talent that gives it, why add any at all? I may be wrong on the 'AT ALL' part, but i would honestly prefer power over crit, especially if my talent spec doesn't benefit from crits giving me stuff.

necro dead threads much?