Less Sith in the movies

FullMetalJew

We all know that the Sith were extinct after The Great Hyperspace War but then returned and SWTOR happened. So what made the Sith disappear again, I am starting to read the books but I only just started reading the Reven book so I am not there yet (if explained at all) but I still want to know. The only Sith in the movies we're Douku, Maul, and Sedious also there were Sith in the animated series The Clone Wars but definately not close to the amount during SWTOR.

Like people already said, Darth Bane began "The Rule of Two" with one Master, one Apprentice, about 1,000 years before the movies, The Darth Bane Trilogy lays that out really well.

But if you want to dig deeper, it is a bit more complicated. The Sith forces that Bane wiped out, The Brotherhood of Darkness, weren't the same as the Empire in SW:TOR. The Brotherhood was the end result of a new Sith order that was founded by Darth Ruin (a fallen Jedi) in the "Fourth Great Schism" 2,000 years before the movies (the Sith Empire from the game traces its history back to the "Second Great Schism", 7,000 years before the movies).

So it's still an open question what happened to The Sith Empire from SW:TOR between the game (3,600 years before the movies) and when Ruin arrives on the scene 1,600 years later.

Sith and Force Sensitive are two different things. Dooku used Force sensitive heavily by extracting their brains and putting them into droids. General Grievous was a force sensitive for example. By the time Vader came on scene. He had several apprentices hidden away training to become Sith. Luke Skywalker killed one on yodas world. After the end of the galactic empire. Sith began appearing all over the place. And another situation like what you see in SWTOR remerged. Luke Skywalker even being slain by a Sith with another Dark Council being founded. And a new Jedi Order created to repeat history.

Force sensitives are all over the movies. And books and games. Its a matter if theyved been trained as Jedi or Sith

Also just so everyone knows in episodes 4-6 you'd see the guys in solid red robes an. Helmets or solid black robes and helmets. Those are imperial royal guards all of them are force sensitive and serve by the Sith master. For if the apprentice dies the master can choose the next guard who will replace him.

Another example of force sensitives are the droid guards on dookus ship that used the staffs. Those droids were force sensitives. Dooku had the brains of hundreds of force sensitive removed and put into droids. To utilize abilities of the force. But not violate the of the Sith for the rule of two. Edited by benovide