Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

[n00b Q's] help a n00b out.... please :)

dancezwithnubz

my google-fu is seemingly on a Fleet-Pass cooldown.

is there a guide somewhere for us nubbeleh operatives?

I'm having some difficulty figuring out my keybinds for this class.

but my main question, at lvl 17, what tree should I be going down for PvE levelling? I daresay I'll probably re-spec for heals @ lvl 30 or so, but right now I'm finding it pretty weird and I'm seriously unsure where to find the most bang for my skill points at lower levels.

oh, and BioWare, thanks for the great game, but I curse you unto the sixth circle for shifting keybinds when I go into cover.

so, anyone got a few links or ideas?

thanks in advance for your help.

Well, for starters, in either Prefrences or the UI changer thing you can turn off cover hotbar, it's more for snipers than anything.

For PvE leveling, i would take Lethality, when you hit 30+ it hits like a truck on mobs with Cull and your DoT ticks. For keybinding. It's a little difficult but not too hard to get down, you may want to pickup a SteelSeries MercStealth keyboard for the easyer 1 through - key hitting, and a gaming mouse for some extra buttons. but Operatives arent too hard to play. They certainly arent as hard as Snipers or Marauders are.

On a different perspective, my favorite solo build is something like this:

Hybrid

you get the best of both worlds. and instant HoT, an instant burst heal, solid energy regen, increased TA stacks, and buffed laceration/cull. you can heal most Ops up to HM's, and at the same time do enough damage to pull aggro away from your tank companion. solo mobs god down quite fast with this build. comp taking allot of damage? back up and heal. comp doing fine? throw out some solid damage. I've had 5 lacerations back before with this build, which takes down mobs fast.

Only difficult part is choosing which side to level up first. I honestly did the healing tree first. I kept my comp geared well ( i use DPS comp once Im post Alderaan), and let her deal most the damage. id follow up with backstabs and DoT's and whatever else i had. but if you want to try the DPS route, you can alwasy level up the Conc tree first. either way, its a great spec for leveling and solo work.

Edited by Elyx

On a different perspective, my favorite solo build is something like this:

Hybrid

you get the best of both worlds. and instant HoT, an instant burst heal, solid energy regen, increased TA stacks, and buffed laceration/cull. you can heal most Ops up to HM's, and at the same time do enough damage to pull aggro away from your tank companion. solo mobs god down quite fast with this build. comp taking allot of damage? back up and heal. comp doing fine? throw out some solid damage. I've had 5 lacerations back before with this build, which takes down mobs fast.

Only difficult part is choosing which side to level up first. I honestly did the healing tree first. I kept my comp geared well ( i use DPS comp once Im post Alderaan), and let her deal most the damage. id follow up with backstabs and DoT's and whatever else i had. but if you want to try the DPS route, you can alwasy level up the Conc tree first. either way, its a great spec for leveling and solo work.

you know, that build looks like a lot of fun......

i've been hammering flashpoints lately to get up to a level to continue my class quest so I've been keeping up with t3h healz side.

healing with an Op becomes a LOT easier once you get that third TA stack.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.