Flashpoint Rating

BlueyedJedi

How about at the end of each flashpoint you get to rate your group members 1-5. Rate how well the tank kept aggro, rate how well the healer kept the group alive, rate how insane the dps was.

There's been plenty of times where dps thinks hes a tank and screws up the aggro for the tank, and healer or the tank runs ahead before heal can regen and group wipes, and I wish man Id love to give this guy a 1 rating so others know. :)

It sounds too harsh and too personal.

If I'm playing my first ever healer and I go do Esseles, you think there should be a formal system for telling me I suck? The other three players will probably already have told me that in chat, you're telling me I have to be ranked so that everyone else refuses to run with me?? How would I ever improve?

In warzones, you vote anonymously for MVP and it's a positive thing, but this just sounds really negative. And it's very subjective. I've seen plenty of times where a tank will be undergeared, in the wrong stance and run and pull 3 mobs, then wonder why you didn't heal him up. So he's gonna get to rank me and make it look to other people that I suck??

Your whole point seems to be that people suck in flashpoints. I agree - which is why I don't want them ranking me.

If I'm playing my first ever healer and I go do Esseles, you think there should be a formal system for telling me I suck? The other three players will probably already have told me that in chat, you're telling me I have to be ranked so that everyone else refuses to run with me?? How would I ever improve?

In warzones, you vote anonymously for MVP and it's a positive thing, but this just sounds really negative. And it's very subjective. I've seen plenty of times where a tank will be undergeared, in the wrong stance and run and pull 3 mobs, then wonder why you didn't heal him up. So he's gonna get to rank me and make it look to other people that I suck??

Your whole point seems to be that people suck in flashpoints. I agree - which is why I don't want them ranking me.

No, my point wasnt that all people suck at flashpoints. My point was that after loading into a flashpoint and seeing a 4 or 5 rated tank you can say "Ah this is gonna be a smooth run". I do see your point that baddies can grief you by giving you a bad rating. Hopefully they are the minority and if your getting consistent 4-5 a jerk giving you a 1 really wont hurt your rating. Anyway, it was just a thought.

Agree it just too harsh especially on new players trying to learn, although maybe they could just have it on end game ops and HM flashpoints and above. This issue is you will always have enough jerks that will mess the ratings up and take pride in putting people down and you will also get the situation with the clicky keep it in house groups and guilds with l will scratch you're back if you scratch mine meaning they will will vote each other good group players regardless if they are or not. The system would be up for too much abuse and would not give fair reflection on players when in a PUG.;)

Not only is it going to be harsh on the new players, as a healer (the same probably goes for tanking to some degree), I'm worried that nobody notices good healing, but everybody notices when somebody dies, whether it was the healer's fault or not.

This! all day! Don't get me wrong, it does sound like a good idea in theory, but it would be very personal indeed. I would not trust a rating given by another player in most cases. Think of PvP medals. How many times do you see people give medals to the guy who saved the game? It is usually given to the guy who had the most kills (which is not always the objective) or their buddy whom they queued with (who left the node unguarded). Not the guy who healed him relentlessly and pulled him over the goal line for the winning score in huttball, etc. You would most likely be dealing with people who are either too nice, or too harsh in rating people. Just my opinion though.