PvE vs PvP gear?

xMegrinx

As a general rule: don't use any gear that has expertise on it unless it has an equivalent amount of expertise to conqueror/obroan. They will not be bolstered and your stats will suffer.

So, any battlemaster/champion/recruit gear will hurt you. If you have war hero or elite war hero gear that has better stats than your PVE gear, go ahead and use that. Also possible to use their set bonuses still.

I noticed one of my lvl 50 toons is better at PvPing in her PVE gear than her PVP gear. Then I asked around and heard that was a trend. What level gear can I start ditching the PVE and going for the PVP gear again?

If you have EXP crystals in your MH/OH, take them out. Replace them with power. Old relics are ok for lowbie as the power add makes the nerfed bolster manageable. PvP gear is irrelevant until you hit 55, and I just discovered a build that you only need 11 PvP pieces to be BiS.

Recipe:

Crafted lvl 54 Purple ear x1

Crafted lvl 54 purple implants x2

Crafted lvl 53 purple armoring x1

Crafted lvl 53 purple mod x1

PvP gear in all other slots.

The ear/implants are bolstered to Obroan levels and can give a better secondary stat to boot. Use the armoring and mod in your belt/wrist. For ease I put it in l wrist to keep PvE stuff on one side. This combination with bolster will put you damn close to BiS. The only other thing is to do is min/max PvP items.

Also in 55 gear itself really isn't a huge factor compared to showing up with level 50 or no augments. You can use MK9 kits before you hit 55, but you should also get/replace your augments before you hit 55..

Related question ...

Returning player with a L51 bounty hunter in full BM gear.

Am I better off pulling the mods from the BM gear and sticking it into orange pieces? And then replacing the remaining BM pieces with cheap greens off the market?

Or is there something creative I can do with 1k cartel coins and 43 planetary commendations?

Otherwise, I'm cash poor and converted all my regular WZ commendations into ranked.

TY!

Related question ...

Am I better off pulling the mods from the BM gear and sticking it into orange pieces? And then replacing the remaining BM pieces with cheap greens off the market?

Or is there something creative I can do with 1k cartel coins and 43 planetary commendations?

Otherwise, I'm cash poor and converted all my regular WZ commendations into ranked.

TY!

You are better off shelving the BM gear and not wasting any creds pulling the mods. ANY PVE gear will bolster better than BM.

Related question ...

TY!

ripping mods out of one set of gear to put into another does nothing except change your appearance; it has zero statistical effect. If your BM gear is the best you have, look into using planetary commendations at the Makeb vendor (on makeb or fleet). That vendor offers grade 25 item mods that are probably better optimized.

Related question ...

How is that possible, BM is 55 gear? Do you mean BH? If so BH should be bolstered nicely. What matters more than that is augments. Also if you have any bh comms (now classic comms) invest in some campaign gear in order to get the special ability from the gear.

Edited by sithBracer

D'oh.

That stings.

Yean, the system is not very friendly to returning pvpers. But bolster dumbs everything down anyway, so you won't be at a huge disadvantage as long as you avoid the expertise issues mentioned above.

How is that possible, BM is 55 gear? Do you mean BH? If so BH should be bolstered nicely. What matters more than that is augments. Also if you have any bh comms (now classic comms) invest in some campaign gear in order to get the special ability from the gear.

L50 Battle Master (with 1 piece L50 War Hero) with 1188 expertise. As I understand things, that's a little more than half the expertise a newb in PvE greens would have.

Haven't played in over a year.

L50 Battle Master (with 1 piece L50 War Hero) with 1188 expertise. As I understand things, that's a little more than half the expertise a newb in PvE greens would have.

Haven't played in over a year.

Lol, yeah you would be better off with the new BM (black market) gear as it would be bolstered to 1300-1400 expertise.

Yeah, 43 planetary comms will not get you much at the makeb vendor (only 4 armorings). But luckily you are only level 51, so you will be at the top of the lowbies. Any greens should give you a proper bolster and max expertise. So take your time getting to 55. At 55 you will probably have enough money to buy 66 blues off GTN and maybe some augments/kits.

As a general rule: don't use any gear that has expertise on it unless it has an equivalent amount of expertise to conqueror/obroan. They will not be bolstered and your stats will suffer.

So, any battlemaster/champion/recruit gear will hurt you. If you have war hero or elite war hero gear that has better stats than your PVE gear, go ahead and use that. Also possible to use their set bonuses still.

Merr! I miss u and ur noobstick...:)

As of October 2013.

When you only have pve gear I find your effectiveness drops considerably until you are wearing at least 7 pieces of full pvpd gear.....so I suggest keep using full pve until you can wear 7 min and then you'll find you are in the game and things just get bigger/better/brighter with every step of equipment till full pvp.

Doesn't really matter how low your pve gear is, you're getting suitably bolstered if your secondary stats line up fine....just make sure your augmentation is fully taken care of.

Enjoy pvp

WH & EWH won't have any Expertise on it so its basically poorly specced PvE gear now. They removed expertise on all that gear a few patches back (although the relics kept them, but at a poor level).

EWH Boundless Ages still has expertise on it, and has 150+ power.