The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ivory's Rakata Spaceship

Please let us replace our ships with the Rakata ship Ivory tries to escape Belsavis with, it looks cool, and I wouldn't mind if it's a bit cramped inside.

My smuggler would look great with it, and my Jedi's would love to get rid of their ship too. And if you changed the colour scheme for each class, then My sith would look cool too.

I know it's only a pipe dream, but it would be a really great pipe dream to come true.

SW:TOr is based more on Storyline, and as much as I'd LOVE to have customizable ships, or even trade out the physical look of my ship for another one, it would not be possible. Why? Cutscenes. Any cutscene in the ship has been designed for that set ship. For instance, tlaking to Jaesa on your Sith Warrior on the Fury. She's in the medbay, and if we say, changed the Fury model to look like the Smuggles ship, your PC and Jaesa could be walking into walls or getting glitched.

EDIT: *SW:TOR, sorry.

Edited by Nivek_Sivad
Misspelled a word.

SW:TOr is based more on Storyline, and as much as I'd LOVE to have customizable ships, or even trade out the physical look of my ship for another one, it would not be possible. Why? Cutscenes. Any cutscene in the ship has been designed for that set ship. For instance, tlaking to Jaesa on your Sith Warrior on the Fury. She's in the medbay, and if we say, changed the Fury model to look like the Smuggles ship, your PC and Jaesa could be walking into walls or getting glitched.

EDIT: *SW:TOR, sorry.

I understand the issues, and those issues are not as big as you might imagine, the interior would just need markers for were the comps should stand, the cutscenes would need to be reworked, but a patch could handle that. In fact the main reason is they don't want to redo the landing and taking off scenes, and a few other animations, but we could accept a few scenes were the wrong ship is used, provided the majority are right, and seriously a few patches would make it work. And this is something people really would spend CC on, big time.