Shield spec in DPS gear?

ENIGMASOLVED

• 3 weeks later...
was just wondering if anyone runs a shield spec in DPS gear and how does it hold up in PVP? Or is it just better to stick with defense gear?

I have run tactics in ion and it does okay but was wondering the opposite.

Thank you in advance.

If you want to kill stuff going full tank building the Combat Tech 4 piece set is really good because of the bonus to Stockstrike. This is something people used to do, and even Taugrim stopped doing it after 1.3.

I can only assume after 1.3 it was no longer worth it because they broke his Iron Fist build and the mitigation was far more worth it.

Now though the mitigation from running full shield/absorb gear is probably far more worth it than anytime before because of how they reworked the way shields work.

was just wondering if anyone runs a shield spec in DPS gear and how does it hold up in PVP? Or is it just better to stick with defense gear?

I have run tactics in ion and it does okay but was wondering the opposite.

Thank you in advance.

It is not possible to tank without def stats.

Edited by Aetideus

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried dps gear in tank spec lately and it doesn't work unless you have a pro healer backing you since your mitigation takes a big hit and your dps isn't increased enough to make it worth it. The best thing I've seen for better dps is shield/power and absorb/surge enhancements you lose defense rating by like 3-4% but your surge goes up to around 66-67% and you can keep 400 in shield and absorb while also having 400-500 power and 41.7k health. It loses a little survivability but the dps from what I've seen so far is good enough to have lost the defense. (Note I have a pocket healer so it might be less survivable than I think is it.)

I also use end augs if your wondering how my power and health are that high.

comment if you have tried this.

I've tried dps gear in tank spec lately and it doesn't work unless you have a pro healer backing you since your mitigation takes a big hit and your dps isn't increased enough to make it worth it. The best thing I've seen for better dps is shield/power and absorb/surge enhancements you lose defense rating by like 3-4% but your surge goes up to around 66-67% and you can keep 400 in shield and absorb while also having 400-500 power and 41.7k health. It loses a little survivability but the dps from what I've seen so far is good enough to have lost the defense. (Note I have a pocket healer so it might be less survivable than I think is it.)

I also use end augs if your wondering how my power and health are that high.

comment if you have tried this.

If you have pocket healer go hybrid.