Why is solo ranked dead on this server?

NathanielStarr

Well I stopped because 1. absorb relic bug, and 2. the server is too full of assassins and marauders. While I like a great deal of the players who play those classes, finding myself in warzones and arenas where 50 to 75% of the participants are one of those classes over and over again is dull as hell.

All the serious pvpers queue in group so the only hope for solo ranked is casual pvper. They tend to stick to the reg queue. Unless people are encouraged to queue for solo ranked things will not improve. Also I find solo queue for arena boring as arena only becomes interesting when you are coordinating your moves. Solo queue is just dull.

Actually, I think it's more about the role problems more than the population actually queuing for them at this point.

There are always the silent people that queue up for ranked that we can not account for, and I believe the lack of pops can be the same problem as to why GF always takes so long to pop: lack of roles. At least on the Imperial side, GF pops are very rare and take at least an hour to get if you queue as a DPS, but it's an instapop if you have a tank and healer combo that enter the GF queue.

With the unfortunate requirement for everyone to queue solo, the likely hood of a pop is even further diminished similar to the scenario of if you solo queue as a healer/tank: you might get an instapop, but chances are, you'll probably have to wait because only 2/3 of the roles are filled.

I don't know how match making in particular works for ranked solo, if they require you to have all three roles filled or not, but I think that the people that do queue don't see pops because the match making system most likely is either having trouble throwing fair teams together or is waiting for all three roles to be filled.

I agree with Zu, the main problem is that everyone wants to play as a DPS and tanks and healers are too few. While I main a healer in PVE and PVP being the only healer in most of the WZs gets both frustrating and repetitive.

The vast majority of the more successful healers/tanks make sure they group up as pairs and most healers/tanks don't like to queue solo.

blah blah blah...

Like I said in another thread who wants to participate in an activity where they keep score, but 3/4s of your team is based on random (bad) luck?

Is this why people don't do rated? because of a rating only YOU can see? lol so bad.

and not to mention solo queue rated is only against other solo queue rated players so really if you're going to cry and pull "omg my ego hurts so bad cos my rating sux" /unsub tbh.

Edited by Skinnychalk

Is this why people don't do rated? because of a rating only YOU can see? lol so bad.

and not to mention solo queue rated is only against other solo queue rated players so really if you're going to cry and pull "omg my ego hurts so bad cos my rating sux" /unsub tbh.

Once you are in all rated gear you will understand there is no other reason to do rated in any form...

I suppose if you are still grinding comms...

Once you are in all rated gear you will understand there is no other reason to do rated in any form...

Depending on what season one entails.

The fun in PvP was never supposed to be about grinding gear. It's supposed to be about competition and fighting it out for rankings, which will actually be shown through the leaderboards they intend to release.

That's just one thing that's going to give some actual purpose to playing ranked, and even then, who knows what else that might add in for little side goodies (rated Oboran gear?)

So I wouldn't do rated to play against other guilds id just farm boring regs against pugs?

Solo ranked is dead here because of server transfers.

I can't speak for the Imperial side, but Republic PvP on this server suffers for ONE reason. NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO/CARES TO FOCUS FIRE.

I just spent the last two days marking targets, calling them, pointing them out to my teammates, only to watch them either switch targets every 2-3 GCDs, or beat relentlessly on tank or DPS being healed.

It is MADDENING. I really believe PvP on our server would pick up if Pub-side players would simply learn to hit the big glowing thingies.

But they just will not do it. It's almost like someone kidnapped them as children, held them hostage for a year, and let them go with the warning that if they EVER focus fired a target they would return and kill their family.

Yes, it seems to be THAT deep-seated.

And if I sound bitter, it's coming out right.

:mad:

I can't speak for the Imperial side, but Republic PvP on this server suffers for ONE reason. NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO/CARES TO FOCUS FIRE.

I just spent the last two days marking targets, calling them, pointing them out to my teammates, only to watch them either switch targets every 2-3 GCDs, or beat relentlessly on tank or DPS being healed.

It is MADDENING. I really believe PvP on our server would pick up if Pub-side players would simply learn to hit the big glowing thingies.

But they just will not do it. It's almost like someone kidnapped them as children, held them hostage for a year, and let them go with the warning that if they EVER focus fired a target they would return and kill their family.

Yes, it seems to be THAT deep-seated.

And if I sound bitter, it's coming out right.

:mad:

In 2.0 a lot of pub pvp players started switching to imp side and forming PVP-only guilds. When server transfers came most of the better players left for pastures new, whether it be POT5, Bastion or Harbinger depending on their inclination (PVE/PVP).

With the advent of arenas and some issues with stacking procs and relics that dont behave like they say on the tin more PVP players left.

Now all that is left are the players who are heavily invested in PVE guilds and run primarily as pre-mades (a lot of whom wont run arenas due to the perceived balance issues).

BW needs to allow unranked/ranked queuing at the same time for the solo ranked to pickup. Personally, I would queue for it but the quality of the players that are left has deteriorated on both sides (ppl not hitting marks, interrupting heals, hitting defensive cooldowns etc...) moreso on the Pub side than the Imp side. (lets just say it was extremely painful leveling a pub char this last couple of weeks.

Again, it's just like the reason why GF never pops: lack of roles. I can definitely attest to the Impside pugs being nearly entirely DPS, where tanks and healers wouldn't dare enter a WZ without a group.

Which presents two possible scenarios. The system used for match making could be the problem, as it could require all three roles to be filled, which means no pops unless certain people decide to fill those roles for at least two teams.

However, the system might not have that role requirement, and then the second problem could be from the solo person that doesn't queue up as a DPS. Where, 8 players can be in the queue, but it won't pop because there is no way to balance 7 DPS and a healer just from looking at roles alone.

It has to be planned and coordinated, at least for this server.