I really hate the Auction House design.

Loroen

Why do I have to put in two requirements, press search, to be able to search a name for an item?

This is the most annoying thing that I have ever seen in my entire life.

Why in the world would the name search be disabled, untill you search for something? Do they want you to look for it the old fashioned way and if you can't find it, you are able to search the name?

I like the filters, but making it required is so annoying. The only thing I like about the auction house is the second tab, the "Sell" tab. At least it auto defaults a reccomended price for you.

I was trying to look for a particular item on the AH, i could not for the life of me figure out which section it was located under. After 25 minutes I finally found the category. Was absolutly horrible.

Just let me search the name of what I want to get. Thats all I want.

I think the "LINE" for hating the "GTN" interface is pretty long. Scary part is this is a vest improvement over the closed beta version.

Since it is a Database it is only and matter of time before it is improved. What we have now is a "functional system"

It is not a Game Breaker for me but I will not tear up when it is gone unless there tears of joy.

Edited by Slowne

There is so much out there to learn from you would have thought it would be the best auction house ever. I don't think they gave it much thought at all personally.

The majority of the interface is a sad thing in this game compared to other "more advanced" MMOs.

Disclaimer:

From now on in this post I will assume that convenience is the ultimate goal of any search interface. That there is no hidden important game element hidden in messed up search experience. We will also assume that a simple and effective search interface is slightly less complicated then starship so there is no logical problem with game having it.

Ok so as it stands right now whole trading experience is well… how to put it lightly … lacking. Lets get to issues shell we?

1)Required Fields These have to go, period. I need shadowsilk, I don’t care what type of item it is, just find it. Top that of with misclassified items and you have yourself a problem, huge

2) Minimum price of 1. This drives me through a wall. To those who haven’t tried it yet. As of right now if you try to clear item price it reduces it to 1 instead of clearing the field. So if lets say you want to post item for 500, you have to do following. Clear field type 500 get 5001 then go the end and delete 1. I mean OM#G is that for real?

3) Lack of ability to post item name into search box. I don’t want to pass typing test every time I need to find item.

4) No ability to sell in stacks.

5) Does not remember last price

6) Splitting sucks, it is inconvenient hard to figure out and take few extra clicks.

7) No automatic stacking in the bank, this is a bug however.

8) Actions are caped at 50… What???

9) Sort by price sorts by total price not item price.

10) No slot filters

11) Companions returning from missions close the window, deleting all progress you made.

12) Not being able to compare items to companion armor

Edited by Beastfury

Don't forget the AH in this game is not universal. For instance, if you're selling stuff on Nar Shadda, people looking at the AH in Republic Fleet Station don't see it.

Need to get the word out so folks consolidate their selling to Republic Fleet.

I wasn't in beta but, from what I've read, the AH used to be universal.

vOv

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.