The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

*HOT* False Beta Test Invite

Chupaacabra

I recently received an email saying I was selected to be involved in upcoming beta testing program. There is a link provided that directs you to a site that is frightenly similar to this one. It requires you to input your login information to accept the Non Disclosure Agreement.

I called SWTOR to verify the invite and was stated "there is no beta testing currently in the works". If you receive this email (even though it is from @bioware.com) it is a hoax and was instructed not to accept. Hopefully this information gets out so there aren't those who fall for this.

I forwarded the email to support@swtor.com for them to look into the situation.

I recently received an email saying I was selected to be involved in upcoming beta testing program. There is a link provided that directs you to a site that is frightenly similar to this one. It requires you to input your login information to accept the Non Disclosure Agreement.

I called SWTOR to verify the invite and was stated "there is no beta testing currently in the works". If you receive this email (even though it is from @bioware.com) it is a hoax and was instructed not to accept. Hopefully this information gets out so there aren't those who fall for this.

I forwarded the email to support@swtor.com for them to look into the situation.

Thanks for the warning! BioWare, you want to Sticky this.

Thanks for the warning, I received this email today. Thought it seemed a bit phishy.

I see what you did there...

Apparently this is a legit email (after SWTOR looked into it), but it is dated information. So although the person was authentic and was good email...the information is out of date. Just be careful and call SWTOR before you input any account information.